“Good food and service”

Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Reviewed January 3, 2014

The food is good authentic Mexican food, The people that review this food as bad do so because they have not eaten real authentic Mexican food before and are expecting the Taco Bell taste. This food is great, but is real authentic Mexican food, service is quick and friendly, nice place. We have had both lunch and dinner and both were great.

Reviewed December 15, 2013

We came on this restaurant while looking for a place to eat the evening of the Christmas parade. The building is nothing fancy but the inside is traditional Mexican. We didn't have a lot of time before the parade so we decided to order something light. My wife ordered the Pollo Azado Mexican Salad and I ordered the Chimichanga. When the orders came we couldn't believe our eyes, the orders were huge. We have eaten at a lot of Mexican restaurants in Mexico, Canada and other places and this was some of the finest Mexican food that we had eaten. The food was hot and the flavours were wonderful. The waitress were great.
Good food and worth a visit.

Reviewed October 22, 2013

Sonny Gutierrez has continued the legacy his parents created. You can't go wrong with anything on the menu. The tomatillo salsa is excellent, don't forget to ask for it. Their giant tortilla with green chile strips is perfect for a party. They don't skimp on their portions. Their chile relleno is more like an omelet but I like that when I want alot of egg. The cheese just oozes out. You just have to try one of Yuma's landmarks.

Reviewed September 19, 2013

We thought we'd try this local restaurant because of the history, but the food was terrible. There have only been a couple of times in my life when I didn't want to finish my food after the first bite, but this was one of them. I didn't think it was possible to make a bad tamale, but they added a red sauce with ground beef on the top and it was gross. The folded taco was dripping grease and had no flavor. I would try another Mexican food restaurant and give this one a pass.

Reviewed July 8, 2013

The service made the visit special! Our waitress was so sweet! The food was great as usual! Great menu to allow everyone in the family to be happy!

Been to El Charro Cafe? Share your experiences!