“Great food, good price, real people”
Review of El Charro Cafe

El Charro Cafe
Ranked #26 of 268 Restaurants in Yuma
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Reviewed May 31, 2013

I have always found El Charro to be a great place to eat. Perfect spot to bring your out of town friends for a seriously authentic mexican meal. Be hungry and ready to eat nice large portions. The burritos are a challenge to finish off, but i keep eating. Staff is truly friendly and sincere. Location is an easy find and with parking.

Reviewed January 4, 2013

We eat here every time we visit Yuma. There is something special about tradition, quality, service and family pride. The burros made with there handmade tortillas are wonderful. The specials are always a good choice. We will keep coming back and enjoying.

Reviewed January 3, 2013

My wife and I had our lunch at their Presidio location near downtown Tuscon. We had to wait for 15 minutes to get a table. The service was good and the food that we ordered with the help from our server was the best Mexican we have ever had. Their G charros are out of this world. There is a lot of history to this place as this restaurant was established in 1922. The owner was very helpful in describing to us the history and what do we need to see in and around the place.I wish this was close to where we live. Highly recommended.

Reviewed December 16, 2012

Years and years of simply being the best. This is where the locals go. Awesome burritos and tacos for take out too.

Reviewed September 20, 2012

I tried the numero uno combo plate which was huge. The chili colorado was spicy and (for me) the high light of the plate. The rolled taco (which I know as flauta) was so hard it was not edible. The tamal and enchilada were average. Dessert isn't listed on the menu, but I asked. They had incredible flan, smooth and creamy. Service was OK. Not a fancy place, little to no ambiance, but great value for the $.

takeout menu shows "www.elcharrocafeyuma.com" but I couldn't get to that website.