“Great Diner”

Dining options: Delivery
Memphis, Tennessee
“Great Diner”
Reviewed January 15, 2013

We had lunch in this friendly diner, popular with locals. The salads were crisp and and fresh. The service was efficient and we loved the atmosphere.

Visited January 2013

Yuma, Arizona
“BAD ATTITUDE”
Reviewed January 9, 2013

01/09/13 Stopped by Brownies for lunch. I did not really want to but my two friends picked the place.
I did not really think the food was that great. The country fried steak was fare but the mash potatoes were watered down and made from powder. You could almost pour it like gravy.

The last time I was in there was about a year & half ago for the breakfast special. Egg, potatoes & toast. When I got my bill they had $0.30 for toast. Come to find out if you order rye it cost more. The waitress did not tell you that when she took your order. When I checked out I told the girl at the cash register, she said that the waitress does not have time to tell you that.

I think if my friends ask me to go there again I will tell them NO.

Cap & Virginia

• Visited January 2013
1 Thank Emry L
Yuma, Arizona
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Breakfast Time”
Reviewed January 7, 2013

Oh I ordered a spinach omlette and it was very bland. But they didn't have any other kind of omlette I was interested in.

Visited December 2012
San Diego, California
“Good basic economic fare”
Reviewed December 19, 2012

This cafe looks like something out of the 1940's. Always friendly staff, basic but good food. Burger and fries are average but economical. Features a deal of the day. I would recommend it.

Visited November 2012
Brisbane, Australia
“BROWNIES ..the full story.”
Reviewed October 2, 2012

Pay very little attention to some of the negative comments regarding this amazing little cafe. We just spent almost 5 weeks traveling around Western USA eating in numerous restaurants and cafes. Brownies in Yuma was definitely one of the most enjoyable experiences. Firstly, I noticed the exterior which still holds that 1940's character. On entering this cafe one immediately feels the small town hospitality. The meals were generous and delicious, the prices amazingly reasonable and the service could not have been more efficient or friendly. It has continually won 'best Yuma restaurant' awards and they are well deserved. Don't pass through Yuma without trying this great cafe. A real winner on character, taste and service!

• Visited September 2012