“Mandarin Palace, now called Yuma Palace, same address, Yuma AZ”
Review of Yuma Palace - CLOSED

Yuma Palace
Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed March 11, 2013

The Mandarin Palace on 32nd now has a new name, the Yuma Palace, is under new management and is considerably improved, with better service, and a Japanese menu added to the Chinese fare. I stopped there recently for lunch while on a dental trip to Los Algodones, and was pleasantly surprised to find a selection of sushi, sashimi, bento boxes, teriyaki, and more. I had green tea and miso with a selection of two kinds of eel and shrimp sushi (four of each). While not the best sushi I have eaten, it was perfectly adequate and very reasonably priced. There was a lot of rice in the sushi, but I could taste the eel and shrimp. I also asked for extra wasabi and ginger. Total cost was about $12.00. Meal was so large that I had to take most of it with me. Waiters were also attentive and polite. I didn't have to wait more than a few minutes for service. I plan to return on my next trip to Yuma and try the sashimi.

2  Thank wetclay

Reviewed January 12, 2013

This place is now called Yuma Palace. It is conveniently located to the hotel where we were staying.
We were very happy with the 3 dishes we ordered - both the quality and quantity. Lots of leftovers but as we were travelling we didn't take anything with us. Our wait staff were attentive and ensured we had everything we needed.

Reviewed August 6, 2009

The buffet has been revamped, a sushi bar added and table side service is back. The Mandarin Palace and sister restaurant Mandarin Garden have been, as far as I'm concerned, restored to their previous quality. I would agree with the negative reviews- when they were written, but MP and MG are worth trying again. I had the tea smoked duck for lunch. As it can't be a very popular dish in this area, it was a good test of the quality. It was fresh, well prepared, with the right amount of smokiness and a good value. On another occassion, war wonton soup was not on the menu, but the waiter told me it could be made. It was wonderful. Get yourself over there and try it again. I'll go back.

1  Thank Chef_de_Cuisine
Reviewed July 30, 2008

This resaraunt is an outstanding place to go out with friends and family for a nice sitdown dinner. The service is outstanding with the staff almost anticipateing your every need. The food is top notch with outstanding flavor. I would highly recommend that anyone coming through Yuma stop here if there looking for good food from the far east.

1  Thank jessdb13
Reviewed December 25, 2007

Was a very good Chinese buffet until renovation in '07. Now primarily sit down. Just went there for first time this winter. Service poor, dirty dishes at salad bar, many empty items at salad bar, meal was nothing to brag about. Table near us walked out after saying "I won't eat this crap!".

I speak for two couples that will never go back!

4  Thank ohwell55