“Authentic Mexican Food” 4 of 5 bubbles

Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Seating, Waitstaff
bigredusmc
“Authentic Mexican Food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 1, 2013

I was stationed in Yuma and this was one of my favorite places to go. The staff is always friends and the food always comes out hot. It's not the most glamorous of restaurants, nor is it in the best part of town...but that's one of the reasons I like it. It's off the high-traffic streets in Yuma, but still on a well traveled street (Avenue B). I've had almost everything on the menu; tacos, burritos, enchiladas, chile rellenos, etc. All the food is very good. Make no mistake, this is no Southwestern Tex-Mex restaurant, it's authentic Mexican food. I've gone by myself, with friends, and co-workers and everyone has enjoyed the food. I recommend you stop by El Pappagallo for some good, authentic Mexican food.

• Visited April 2012

Taupo
“Friendly, good food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 26, 2012

The waitress was lovely and very friendly. We had just come back from Mexico and thought the food also was authentic.

• Visited September 2012
London, Canada
“Mexican Disappointment”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 13, 2012

Salsa was fantastic but the chips were stale which for me is a bad sign but we stayed. I had the enchilladas and they were very good but I have had better in Michigan. I would say this place was average to what I've had and was expecting more with it being so close to the border. The service was excellent though..... but than again we were the only table in the place.

• Visited July 2012
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
“Little place great Mexican!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 1, 2012

Great little place for good Mexican. The salsa was spicy enough and tasted fresh made. Fast service. Cute little place!

Greenville, SC
“RIDICULOUS ATMOSPHERE!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 13, 2012

Never been in Yuma and googled a good Mexican Restaurant. Saw this one had alot of stars so went there. Upon entering establishment, the waiter, owner's son (older fellow), was sitting at a table and looked at us over his glasses and mumbled something. We stood for a few minutes and decided to sit, the guy them mumbled..sit, we are having issues! There was a young fellow (turns out he was the bus boy), who the wiater was ticked with and was not hesitating in telling every table he was upset with the young fellow. Turns out, the waiter SUCKED!! never took our order, and the bus boy who was VERY frustrated with the 'drunken' waiter ended up taking our order. Waiter got up, yelled at the bus boy, then came to take our order...SIGH, order NEVER went in. Bus Boy came back..apologized and took our order. Seeing a pattern? Young Bus Boy rocked! Old crotchity waiter SUCKED and was visibly drunk! Waiter is the owner's son and there's no way of firing the dude, I guess. Our food came, and I give that a huge 10/10. But, in all honesty, ,I don't think I'll return because of the waiter who is there all the time!! Other people came in while he was visiting at other tables and they too had to sit there until the sweet young bus boy sat them down (not his job for sure). Anyways, atmosphere really sucked but food rocked! You make the choice!

• Visited February 2012