“no pro”

Add it.
Cocopah Bend RV Resort Golf Course
Ranked #7 of 16 Outdoor Activities in Yuma
More attraction details
Owner description: At this resort "golf is free any day the sun doesn't shine," yet they rarely give away a round.
Yuma, Arizona
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“no pro”
Reviewed December 9, 2012

no pro at this golf course now, they are just cutting and cutting back on important things at this park, its sad as the management thinks this is o.k. and could care less it seems, also not much happening in other areas that they usually have. grill hrs. are much later too, so if you want to eat, then play as we used to do, thats no more either. NOT good choices.

Visited October 2012
3 Thank ed w

19 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 29 helpful votes
“Very nicely kept course.”
Reviewed May 7, 2012

The course was in great shape when I visited in April 2012. They work on it a lot and care about the condition. The fees are Great in the off season (summer). It's only $20 for 18 holes and cart rental. The folks at the pro shop are friendly and helpful. Just a couple miles from town.

Visited April 2012
1 Thank Sandy H
Oregon
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 23 helpful votes
“Great place to spend some time!”
Reviewed April 23, 2012

We stayed 6 days at the resort in March with family and had a great time. The resort is very clean and well maintained. Our family winters there very year and love the park and I can see why. The golf course is in excellent shape. The pool is clean and quite large. The grounds are beautiful and the weather is perfect. We are looking forward to going back next year.

Visited March 2012
5 Thank peachy1960
Sioux Falls, South Dakota
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“We'll never be back !”
Reviewed March 15, 2012

While the sites at Cocopah RV & Golf resort are of generous size, you may very well end up with your neighbor’s rig right at your doorstep due to the location of the sewer connections. This facility requires a minimum of 2, 15 foot sewer hoses in order to connect to the sewage system, and sometimes 3 depending on the location of your sewer connection. They fail to tell you this when you register, and if you show up with only one, they will site you all the way to the rear of the site, which then places you at your neighbor’s doorstep. We are now into mid March, when most of the parks occupants start to head home, and there are a significant number of open spaces within the park. In my opinion, because we complained to the manager about the placement of RV’s so nearby our RV because of the parks failure to notify them of the hose length problem, most RV’s now coming into the park are placed next to us, and backed up as far as they can be. When the latest one came in today, and I complained to the park escort about how far back it was parked, I was told that some people request specific sites. I asked the folks who were placed in the site if they had requested that specific site, and was told that they did not. The park appears to be very reluctant to add this info to their website, for whatever reason. I also had a problem with a water connection at my site that I brought to the attention of the parks maintenance staff when we first arrived on late November. There was a significant leak from the compression fitting that connected the main line to the hose riser. The maintenance staff informed me that they would have to shut down the whole row in order to fix the leak, so instead, simply twisted the connection until the leak stopped. This worked fine until one day in January when I was disconnecting my water line in order to install the hose to flush my holding tanks. The line immediately separated I was forced to hold the copper line to the compression fitting until I could get my wife’s attention so she could bring a pair of channel lock pliers in order for me to fix the line. Numerous calls were made to the security staff, who told me that no one was available to fix the problem until the next day. If I hadn’t had the ability to fix this problem myself, there would have been quite a few sites flooded out due to the broken main line. The next morning, I finally had to call the security office because no one had showed up at my site to fix the leak. I was told that the message had not been passed on to the maintenance staff, but they would do it immediately, which they did, and the problem was solved quickly and correctly. There appears to be a great deal of politics played at this park, which we have been coming to since 2001. Rules are ignored if it is convenient. More prominent people are given preferential treatment, etc. The manager appears to be more of a used car salesman than a comprehensive, knowledgeable, in command leader, and simply stonewalls complaints in hopes that they just go away.

While my wife and I have enjoyed our winter visits to Yuma for many years, each year at Cocopah RV & Golf Resort appears to be a step backwards in both customer service and amenities, and because of this, we will never be returning here again.

Visited March 2012
10 Thank Bob S
Clarkston, Washington
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“We stayed a week and will be back every winter.”
Reviewed March 24, 2011

We just checked out about a dozen RV parks in Yuma with snowbirding in mind. Cocopah topped them all. It is very quiet and pet friendly. Located on th West outskirt of town it is surrounded by agriculture and the Colorado River not trains, planes (military base) the interstate or frontage roads. The pet section of the park includes a 2.5 acre grass pet run manicured like a fairway. Residents and staff were quite helpful and friendly, but not pushy. We were so impressed we are buying a park model there although we have a few years left before we can retire.

Visited March 2011
3 Thank bnmacey

Been to Cocopah Bend RV Resort Golf Course? Share your experiences!