“Can't wait to go back!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Adobe House

The Adobe House
Ranked #1 of 4 Yuma B&B and Inns
Sun City West, Arizona
“Can't wait to go back!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 27, 2014

I know a lot of people don't think of Yuma as a destination, but it should be if for no other reason to stay at the Adobe House! We went to Yuma this last weekend and were thrilled with our choice of accommodation. From the moment we entered the door, it just got better and better. Kim has done a wonderful job of creating a perfect and relaxing retreat. Beautifully decorated, each room and area just gets better. We stayed in the Nautilus Room and couldn't have been happier...beautifully appointed with so many little and appreciated "touches", including a miniature lantern to carry to the spa! Kim is the perfect hostess and we really enjoyed sharing a bottle of wine with her. We've traveled around the world and stayed at so many different types of places...this is just right at the top of our list! Thanks so much, Kim! Patti B.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank PattiB244
Kimberly W, Owner at The Adobe House, responded to this review, January 28, 2014
Thank you Patti! It was great to meet you and Ernie...Terrific & interesting and sooo much fun! Thank you again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Yuma, Arizona
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 30, 2013

My sweetheart and i spent a most enjoyable romantic evening at the Adobe House in Yuma, Arizona. It was quiet, secluded from the hub ub of Yuma. The accommodations were very pleasant and Kim, our host, was very gratious and pleasant to be around. The Adobe hous is a place I will definitely keep in mind when planning my next time away from it all.

AWJ

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Kimberly W, Owner at The Adobe House, responded to this review, January 2, 2014
Thank you Alan....Hope you return...Happy New Year!
Santa Barbara, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 21, 2013

We so enjoyed our get away to this beautiful site. Kim has created a welcome, warm and relaxing retreat. The town of Yuma is not a destination place for many, but we came to this place just for the three days of rest and relaxation. Ann and Tom

Room Tip: Each room is distinctive. We've stayed in all but one. The details and decor are exceptional.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank atcarlyle
Kimberly W, Owner at The Adobe House, responded to this review, October 25, 2013
Thank you Tom and Ann....you are absolutely the best! Enjoy your company always..
San Diego, CA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 21, 2013

Cannot say enough about this property & the owner. We had such a special weekend at the Adobe House, made new friends & cannot wait to return when the weather is a little cooler. The grounds are beautiful, the food was magnificent & the hospitality was unforgettable. I literally cried when when I drove away.

Thank you for making us feel right at home, Kim...Can't wait to see you again, we promise not to drink all of your wine :)

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank FPSD07
LOL! I will always have plenty of wine for your next visit.....Thank you!
UT
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 5, 2013

40 some years ago, I was a USMC pilot in Yuma; never thought I'd ever voluntarily
go back. But a reunion was held there in April, and I started looking for places to stay. Really didn't
want a chain hotel, and happened to find the Adobe House.
In short, the grounds make you feel like you're more in Maui then in Yuma. The 4 rooms are unique; we stayed in the Nautilus room. Very quiet and peaceful, with a furry friend on the
doorstep when we'd wake up. It opens up to the lovely grounds in the back.
There is no noise at all from roads, as you're quite a distance from them. All we ever
heard was the pleasant sound of the water feature near our door.
Oh, being a B&B means you get breakfast. Kim doesn't fix basic eggs and oatmeal; she prepares
a different gourmet delight every morning. Being one who takes breakfast seriously, I was
thrilled. Kim is a fun hostess, and the overall experience was one of the
best "away from home" stays I've ever had. And that includes 30 years as an airline pilot staying
in places all over the world.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Kimberly W, Owner at The Adobe House, responded to this review, June 8, 2013
Wow! I don't know really how to respond, what a compliment coming from someone who has travelled the world and had such good things to say about The Adobe House. Your were great guests and your friends that visited were a real pleasure as well. I hope you come back to visit me. Thank you so much for your about the top review!!! Once again blessed by great guests!
San Diego, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 19, 2013

My husband and I recently were fortunate enough to discover the Adobe House! Kim has created an oasis that allows you to get away, relax, enjoy and have fun! The rooms, grounds and food have all been created with incredible attention to detail and Kim and Russell were great hosts from the time we arrived until the time we left. Truly a one of a kind that I was so surprised to find in Yuma, AZ. You would love every minute of your time at the Adobe House and we look forward to our next visit. Thanks Kim and Russell for a very memorable weekend!!!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Kimberly W, Owner at The Adobe House, responded to this review, May 21, 2013
I seem to respond the same with each review!! I am so blessed to have every great guest pass thru the door of The Adobe House, All I can say, is "thank you, thank you, thank you!! It really is the guests that make this place so great!
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 12, 2013

I stayed here in July 2012 on business as Yuma was my stopping point between Phoenix and San Diego.

I was not expecting much when I came to Yuma, but this B&B is absolutely fantastic. The cottages are really funky, clean and awesome. And the owners are completely fantastic.

It almost feels like you're staying at home. If your home is a beautifully decorated art compound with guest houses. Do not stay anywhere else in Yuma.

I have no idea why anyone would choose to stay in the boring bland motel/hotel chains that line the main road in Yuma one after another, while you could stay here. This is a NO BRAINER.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Kimberly W, Owner at The Adobe House, responded to this review, May 13, 2013
Thank you for your nice review. I am glad you liked your stay at The Adobe House, Yuma's hidden secret. I hope you come back for another stay.
Warmest Regards,