“Miss it already”
Review of The Adobe House

The Adobe House
Ranked #1 of 5 Yuma B&B and Inns
Reviewed January 8, 2013

We just spent 2 nights at the first of Jan with Kim & Russell .It was great ,We had 4 couples in our group from Canada and just loved it . My wife and I had the pool room .What a perfect room to wake up in .Kim sent us to one of the best resturants we had ever been in and her own breakfast's where second to none .The visiting ,the city ,the happy hours will be remembered for a long time .
Thanks again KIm

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank Dixie70745
Kimberly W, Owner at The Adobe House, responded to this reviewResponded January 10, 2013

Thank you my Canadian friends! You were a great group of people and I hope that we will meet again someday. Miss you already as well. Best Regards,

Reviewed November 22, 2012

We just returned from a much needed 2 day getaway at the magnificent Adobe House! From the moment we walked into this sanctuary, we were welcomed with open arms & instantly felt comfortable & relaxed. The grounds are stunning, many private areas to enjoy, lovely pool, hot tub, grills for cooking if you like. Kim & Russell were the perfect hosts, always there for you! Our room was huge, impeccably clean, as was the entire property and very cozy! The attention to detail was absolutely amazing, not a stone left unturned. The meals were fantastic and the afternoon get together with fine wine and appetizers was really great. My husband & I travel extensively& have stayed in many fine places but honestly, this takes the cake! Absolute perfection in every way and add such genuine, kind and FUN Hosts! It was difficult to leave but made easier knowing we will be back ASAP! Also loved Yuma, found the people extremely nice, markets full of beautifully displayed fresh fruits/veg, lovely Farmers Market, amazing Medjool dates, fresh warm tortillas, beautiful mountains and scenery, go see for yourself, you won't be disappointed! Thank you so much Kim & Russell, Happy Thanksgiving!

Room Tip: All the rooms were beautiful! We were first to arrive so able to peek at all. 2 very large suites...
1  Thank mobehrens
Kimberly W, Owner at The Adobe House, responded to this reviewResponded November 24, 2012

Thank you Mo for your very kind words. Enjoyed you and your husband's company. Please come back and visit! Enjoy your trip to New Zealand!
Best Holiday Wishes,

Reviewed November 15, 2012

This was my first stay in a B & B so I didn't know what to expect. Kim greeted me and was warm and welcoming. Our get together glass of wine ended up be over 2 hours. Kim and Russell treat you as friends so it's easy to chat and linger. I was the only one staying these 2 days and it rained most of it. So I stayed in and did a lot of visiting with Kim. She was great to suggest a dinner place on my first night and they invited me to dine with them the next evening. It went by fast but was so nice to get away.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
3  Thank dogoner
Kimberly W, Owner at The Adobe House, responded to this reviewResponded November 16, 2012

Thank you for staying at The Adobe House. I enjoyed your company...can't believe it was raining..forgot what that's like in Yuma. Come back again!
Best Regards

Reviewed November 10, 2012

This was the best experience ever -- the Adobe House is truly a beautiful desert oasis. Surrounded by lush gardens, you'll feel like you're nestled away from the crowds. The perfect anniversary and honeymoon spot. The breakfasts are huge and prepared with expertise. I can't think of another B&B that I would rather visit.

The owner -- Kim -- will see us again and again and again!.

Room Tip: There are 4 rooms -- any would be a wonderful experience. We were in the Serengeti with its own kit...
1  Thank Donna B
Kimberly W, Owner at The Adobe House, responded to this reviewResponded November 14, 2012

Donna and Robert, thank you for celebrating your 25th wedding anniversary at The Adobe House. You are a great couple and so very nice to all of my pets....Please come back and stay with me again!

Reviewed November 8, 2012

We can not think of a better place that we have ever stayed at! Although Yuma does not have too much to offer, the Adobe House more than makes up for it. The property is absolutely gorgeous with many fabulous outdoor sitting areas to relax. If I didn't know better, I would swear the ocean was just beyond the palm trees and lush vegatation out back. The themed rooms are superb and show off Kim's decorating skills as does the rest of the house. I was enthralled by the architectual details of the house. The breakfasts were delicious but best of all were the late afternoon "Happy Hours" where we engaged in great conversation with Kim and Russell who treated us like friends instead of first time guests. As animal lovers, we also enjoyed the company of Kim's pets. The Adobe House is a "Must See & Stay" in Yuma!

Room Tip: Of the 4 rooms, we would be comfortable in any of the themed, self sufficient rooms. We stayed in t...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple

Don and Camille, thank you for your kind words. You were great guests and I feel as though I have gained 2 new friends. Please come back again!

Reviewed October 25, 2012

What a beautiful b & b! There are several outdoor areas to enjoy. Our room was comfortable. Kim and Russell's hospitality was warm and fun, great breakfast, and wonderful cats and dogs. We have stayed in many b & bs, and this was one of the best!

Room Tip: Listen to Kim's (hostess) advice. The place is more beautiful than the pics on their web site...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Kimberly W, Owner at The Adobe House, responded to this reviewResponded October 28, 2012

Thank you so much! I hope you will return to The Adobe House someday. Best wishes & thanks again for your kind words.

Reviewed September 29, 2012

From the time you arrive, it's obvious that proprietress Kim has thought of everything. You start off with a warm welcome and tour of the incredible oasis that's both her home and her B and B. The property reminds us of some of Phoenix's more upscale boutique resorts. The Serengeti Suite is not just a room for the night -- it's a private, luxuriously-appointed guest house with every comfort you can ask for (right down to a plush robe and slippers) in a kitschy-cool setting. Kim's afternoon wine and hors d'oeuvre welcome reception gives you a chance to learn more about the historic property and to get to know your charming hostess. And breakfast -- oh my! -- Kim (and occasional sous chef, Russell) pull out all the stops. One morning it might be a burro-sized omelet, the next croque madame. Always delicious and elegantly-presented and, be assured, you won't need to make lunch plans. An assortment of cute canines and friendly felines add another homey touch to your stay. Even if you're not typically a B-and-B person (which we're not), you'll be a convert once you've experienced the feel-like-a-king (or queen) hospitality at Adobe House.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Kimberly W, Owner at The Adobe House, responded to this reviewResponded October 1, 2012

Thank you David & Barbara for your nice review. I hope that our paths will cross again. You were a pleasure to have as guests.