“Quick get away”

Ranked #1 of 4 Yuma B&B and Inns
Scottsdale, Arizona, United States
“Quick get away”
Reviewed November 15, 2012

This was my first stay in a B & B so I didn't know what to expect. Kim greeted me and was warm and welcoming. Our get together glass of wine ended up be over 2 hours. Kim and Russell treat you as friends so it's easy to chat and linger. I was the only one staying these 2 days and it rained most of it. So I stayed in and did a lot of visiting with Kim. She was great to suggest a dinner place on my first night and they invited me to dine with them the next evening. It went by fast but was so nice to get away.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
3 Thank dogoner
Kimberly W, Owner at The Adobe House, responded to this review, November 16, 2012
Thank you for staying at The Adobe House. I enjoyed your company...can't believe it was raining..forgot what that's like in Yuma. Come back again!
Best Regards

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed November 10, 2012

This was the best experience ever -- the Adobe House is truly a beautiful desert oasis. Surrounded by lush gardens, you'll feel like you're nestled away from the crowds. The perfect anniversary and honeymoon spot. The breakfasts are huge and prepared with expertise. I can't think of another B&B that I would rather visit.

The owner -- Kim -- will see us again and again and again!.

Room Tip: There are 4 rooms -- any would be a wonderful experience. We were in the Serengeti with its own kit...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Donna B
Kimberly W, Owner at The Adobe House, responded to this review, November 14, 2012
Donna and Robert, thank you for celebrating your 25th wedding anniversary at The Adobe House. You are a great couple and so very nice to all of my pets....Please come back and stay with me again!
Tucson, Arizona, United States
Reviewed November 8, 2012

We can not think of a better place that we have ever stayed at! Although Yuma does not have too much to offer, the Adobe House more than makes up for it. The property is absolutely gorgeous with many fabulous outdoor sitting areas to relax. If I didn't know better, I would swear the ocean was just beyond the palm trees and lush vegatation out back. The themed rooms are superb and show off Kim's decorating skills as does the rest of the house. I was enthralled by the architectual details of the house. The breakfasts were delicious but best of all were the late afternoon "Happy Hours" where we engaged in great conversation with Kim and Russell who treated us like friends instead of first time guests. As animal lovers, we also enjoyed the company of Kim's pets. The Adobe House is a "Must See & Stay" in Yuma!

Room Tip: Of the 4 rooms, we would be comfortable in any of the themed, self sufficient rooms. We stayed in t...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Don and Camille, thank you for your kind words. You were great guests and I feel as though I have gained 2 new friends. Please come back again!
North Canton, Ohio
Reviewed October 25, 2012

What a beautiful b & b! There are several outdoor areas to enjoy. Our room was comfortable. Kim and Russell's hospitality was warm and fun, great breakfast, and wonderful cats and dogs. We have stayed in many b & bs, and this was one of the best!

Room Tip: Listen to Kim's (hostess) advice. The place is more beautiful than the pics on their web site...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Kimberly W, Owner at The Adobe House, responded to this review, October 28, 2012
Thank you so much! I hope you will return to The Adobe House someday. Best wishes & thanks again for your kind words.
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed September 29, 2012

From the time you arrive, it's obvious that proprietress Kim has thought of everything. You start off with a warm welcome and tour of the incredible oasis that's both her home and her B and B. The property reminds us of some of Phoenix's more upscale boutique resorts. The Serengeti Suite is not just a room for the night -- it's a private, luxuriously-appointed guest house with every comfort you can ask for (right down to a plush robe and slippers) in a kitschy-cool setting. Kim's afternoon wine and hors d'oeuvre welcome reception gives you a chance to learn more about the historic property and to get to know your charming hostess. And breakfast -- oh my! -- Kim (and occasional sous chef, Russell) pull out all the stops. One morning it might be a burro-sized omelet, the next croque madame. Always delicious and elegantly-presented and, be assured, you won't need to make lunch plans. An assortment of cute canines and friendly felines add another homey touch to your stay. Even if you're not typically a B-and-B person (which we're not), you'll be a convert once you've experienced the feel-like-a-king (or queen) hospitality at Adobe House.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Kimberly W, Owner at The Adobe House, responded to this review, October 1, 2012
Thank you David & Barbara for your nice review. I hope that our paths will cross again. You were a pleasure to have as guests.
Tucson
Reviewed September 23, 2012

We did not expect allot from a B and B in Yuma, but we decided to have a short getaway. Well, we were wrong. What an amazing place. We have done serious traveling and this place is one of the best. We felt like we were on another continent. The grounds are beautiful, the house and the guest rooms are magnificently decorated and the little touches are special. There are so many areas just to relax in a beautiful setting. Kim's warmth and hospitality is delightful as is the delicious food she presents. We will be back to The Adobe House again.

Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Kimberly W, Owner at The Adobe House, responded to this review, September 26, 2012
Thank you Judy & Ed! I hope you come back to visit soon, maybe run in one of Yuma's half marathon's! Best Regards,
Mesa, Arizona
Reviewed August 22, 2012

My husband and I decided to relax for a couple of days on our way to another destination. Since we had never tried a bed-and-breadfast before, we elected to try it this time, with a little trepidition. We are glad we did. We were sooo impressed! The grounds were absolutely perfect - inviting, quiet and peaceful - even had morning tea near the peace of the waterfall. Our room was spotless and comfortable with nice touches like complimentary raspberry tea, fluffy robes and pool towels. Our gracious hostess, Kim, and host Russell were wonderful company. The food was terrific and abundant and although my husband is rather introverted and quiet he enjoyed the afternoon wine and hors d'oeuvres and conversation. Kim is a wonderful hostess and made us feel quite at home in her spendid abode. She has the decorator touch for sure. The entire compound was perfect in every way. I certainly hope we can visit this lovely place again soon.

Room Tip: We chose the downstairs room, superbly decorated and complete with fully stocked kitchen. We felt v...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Kimberly W, Owner at The Adobe House, responded to this review, August 24, 2012
Thank you for your positive write up. I hope you will be return guests. Enjoyed your company very much.