“poor attitude cost them follow-on business”

La Fuente Inn & Suites
Ranked #5 of 33 Hotels in Yuma
Reviewed October 10, 2009

My job started taking me to Yuma a year ago. My first trip there was for 10 days, so I decided to stay at the La Fuente Inn. I wound up missing my connecting flight through PHX, so when I finally arrived in Yuma at 11PM, my luggage was lost. At that time, it had been a long day (I had flown in from the east coast, so it was really 2AM eastern time), and I was tired and I had to be up bright and early the next day. Since I didn't have my bags, I needed some toiletries, so when I checked in I asked if they had some toiletries they could give me to last just a day until my bags arrived. When this has happened to me before, the hotel will usually just give me a few small items for free, but at the La Fuente Inn, the guy at the front desk insisted on charging me for all this stuff. I pointed out that I was staying there for 10 nights, but he didn't care. As I said, it was late at night and I was dog tired, so driving around town for a store wasn't an option. The attitude of the guy at the front desk wasn't very helpful. So much for a welcoming, helpful attitude.

So they were penny wise and pound foolish. When I've gone back to Yuma on business after that initial trip, I've made it a point to stay somewhere else, and they've lost a lot of follow-on business from me, all for $5 worth of toiletries.

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled on business

Reviewed September 28, 2009

We were driving from San Diego to Tucson so made this an overnight stop to break up the journey. We arrived early at 2.15pm but was allowed to check-in as our room was ready. After checking out our room on the top floor overlooking the pool it was so hot we were more then glad to get in the pool. The pool was lovely and warm and the pool area with it's cabanas for shade, palm trees, flowers and fountains playing was very pretty. Our room was very pleasant and so spotlessly clean! The bed and pillows were very comfortable too. The free evening social hour consisted of beer, spirits, cocktails or soft drinks and warm chicken fritters with 2 kinds of dip and popcorn. We had 2 drinks each and 2 very happy people went weaving out for dinner afterwards! The huge Yuma Palms shopping centre was directly across the road with plenty of restaurants to choose from in the immediate area. The breakfast was good to with plenty of choice from hot to cold items.

We found La Fuente to be a very cosy, friendly, spottlessly clean hotel and will return if in the area again.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 20, 2009

Travelling through from San Diego to Flagstaff my wife insisted we have an overnight stay to break the journey.Lobby was superb,aircon not too noisy,pool brilliant topped off with free drinks and friendly service.Enough said.Perfect

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank jeliberry
Reviewed August 16, 2009

The hotel is really easy to find, close to the Interstate-exit ans near a huge shopping center with a large variety of shops.
Be pepared for some real desert heat: upon our arrival it was 43-44°C (and even at 10pm it was still 39°C).
That's why we really appreciated the lush green courtyard with the swimming pool and the well appointed suite rooms (thanks to the very friendly Philippine lady at the Front Desk that gave us a free upgrade and gave good advice on dining opportunities in Yuma).
There is a computer with free Internet access in the lobby and between 5 and 7pm free drinks are offered in the breakfast room (decorated with pictures of anti-aircraft defence, jets and bombers...). Complimentary breakfast in the morning (between 5 and 9 am) is correct.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled as a couple
2  Thank harmonie
Reviewed July 15, 2009

My wife and I stayed here on our way to San Diego recently, and reading the reviews found here for the hotel. The hotel was great...very quiet...large pool...comfortable bed...and decent breakfast. For the price, this hotel can't be beat. This will be my hotel of choice whenever passing through Yuma.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank azmonty
Reviewed July 10, 2009

We were pleasantly surprised at La Fuente Inn. The large rooms are very clean and well appointed. The pool and beautifully lush courtyard were great as is the "continental" breakfast which had a nice variety of items. The free happy hour from 5-7 was a real treat. The staff and accommodations were top notch. Price here can't be beat! I will recommend this to anyone that needs a place to stay in Yuma!

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled on business
2  Thank CArizona
Reviewed June 4, 2009

My wife and I planned to stay for one night, on our travels from the west coast through Arizona, but when we were met with the fine hospitality and very comfortable rooms we extended our stay for 5 days.
The courtyard and a huge clean swimming pool area couldn't be nicer and the staff were energetic and helpful. There was a full hot buffet breakfast and a complimentary happy hour.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled as a couple