La Fuente Inn & Suites
GardenInn.com
$89
$86
$83
Comfort Inn & Suites Yuma(Yuma)(Great Value!)
$71
ComfortInn
$88
$79
Priceline
$44
All reviewshappy hourmixed drinkschicken wingsrooms facejunior suitebeautiful courtyardsausagedental workpool arealarge poolwafflesplace to stayfree drinkslos algodonesroom keyan oasis in the desertolive garden
Reviewed April 16, 2009

This is one of the most accomodating and genuinely enjoyable place I have stayed in 20 yrs of business travel. I have stayed here once a month for the last 14 yrs continue to return because I know I can count on clean accomodations, curteous staff and competitive rates.
If something ever is wrong and I bring it to their attention it is resolved quickly or I am given another room.
This place is what other, even higher priced, hotels strive to be.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed April 13, 2009

I recently stayed a couple of nights at La Fuente. It was my second stay there, having written a review about it dated July 10, 2008. The inn remains a very nice place to stay but I believe it has begun to erode. Perhaps all the good reviews have helped business prosper to a point where management doesn't seem to care so much anymore.

The first problem I encountered was with booking. The best rates the hotel offered when you contacted their website directly or by phone was $10 more per night than was offered on Reserve Travel. I called the desk and ask if they would honor the internet rate without my going through web reservations. I have found much greater flexibility when booking directly with a hotel. Sometimes I have made offers to hotels which are below any price offered on the websites and been accepted. Flexibility and entrepreneurial acumen are to be admired. However, the hotel said that under no circumstances could it match the Reserve Travel price, so I booked it through the website. There is a separate $12 charge for that, but the savings for 2 nights amounted to $20, so I did that (being notoriously cheap). However, when I needed to push back my reservations by a day, and called the hotel, they refused to make the change, even though with reserve travel billing is done directly by the hotel, not the website. So I had to go through the extra hassle of first cancelling the reservation on-line, then re-booking it. I wasn't very happy about that, but when presented the bill I saw that Reserve Travel had actually secured the reservation for $20 less per night than the hotel had offered, which was $10 under the price they had quoted on the internet. Not bad. To be specific, I got the room for $79 rather than the $99 the hotel insisted on.

On the other hand, I was given a lousy room. I thought there were none in this hotel, but there are a few. Instead of looking out from your room into the very nice courtyard, you look out of your room onto the back parking lot. You can't see the courtyard from you room window. I advise you to avoid these rooms if at all possible. I was told it wasn't possible, even though the hotel didn't seem to be full.

One more indicator of a drop in service occurred during the "happy hour" scheduled from 6 to 8 pm. As the guest congregated and then went into the dining room to enjoy drinks and light fare, there was no food available. At 6:20pm or so I asked the attendant if any food were indeed coming. I was assured it would be along sometime--no time given. A container of fried chicken wings showed up at 6:55 pm and all the assembled glommed onto it. By 7:05 pm all the chicken was gone. Many people came in after that time and looked for food but in vain. None was ever brought out again--I made sure; I stayed till closing just to see. So management does not provide what is promised--two hours of food. It seems not to matter that some guests get stiffed. Just one plate halfway through the time period, and if a guest isn't lucky enough to be there at the right time, well, too bad. During my last visit, should food run out, more appeared. Apparently no more.

La Fuente remains a nice place to stay despite all that. However, whereas before I figured I couldn't find a better place to stay in Yuma, I now think maybe I can. I will try another highly recommended hotel in Yuma on my next visit to explore the possibility.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled on business
1  Thank AnthonyMark
Reviewed April 10, 2009

This motel is in a good location. Close to shopping and lots of resturants and easy to find. The motel is gated so you feel safe. The courtyard is filled with orange & lemon trees and flowering shrubs and plants and a large heated pool and spa, BBQ's and patio. The employees are very friendly and courtious. It's modern, neat, clean and well maintained (yard & rooms). Continental breakfast with lots of choices and happy hour everyday with chicken wings & pizza ,all included. We've come here for thirteen years and feel this is the best place in Yuma to spent a month or more. We've made good friends over the years at this inn and look forward to seeing them back here every year. Friends from Canada and USA. Every year we come back it feels like coming home again.

• Stayed: January 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 7, 2009

We were very impressed with this hotel. We have stayed at many over the past few years and sometimes you get surprised (and not in a good way) but this place was great. The room was kept immaculate by the staff and everyone there could not have been more courteous. The grounds are very well maintained and the breakfast and happy hour only add to the great deal you get when you stay at LaFuente. The location is near shopping and there are lots of restaurants nearby as well. If you are thinking over where you should stay in Yuma don't think twice about making this place your choice. I know we sure won't.

• Stayed: February 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 4, 2009

My husband and I have enjoyed our stay here for the second year in a row. The staff is wonderful, especially Connie and Amy. Our room is perfect, the courtyard is so beautiful, the pool is warm and clean. We love happy hour and getting to know so many wonderful new friends. We will be back for sure. Thanks for everything.

• Stayed: February 2009, traveled as a couple