“Das Schmeckt!”

Dining options: Reservations
North Carolina
“Das Schmeckt!”
Reviewed January 18, 2013

We've lived in Germany 3 times in the last 20 years.... this place is a stroll down memory lane.
Great live music (the night we were there)
Great meats and traditional German fare....
Beer was smooth...... and cold.
Great wait staff and atmosphere...

Go Here...

• Visited January 2013
2 Thank D J

Yuma, Arizona
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great German fare”
Reviewed November 5, 2012

This was my first meal in town coming off a 5 day road trip. Excellent service - I highly recommend the schnitzel!

Visited October 2012
1 Thank Anita L
Flagstaff, Arizona
“Real German Food!!”
Reviewed October 22, 2012

I was born in Germany and was raised on German food. This is a seasonal restaurant that’s open during “snow bird” season, and is real down home German food. Just absolutely fantastic. If you are an RV-er here for the winter, a local, or just passing thru, please give this a try. A great taste of Germany just off the freeway.

• Visited November 2011
Phoenix, Arizona
“Authentic Food”
Reviewed September 29, 2012

We enjoyed the food, ambiance and service in this cute German restaurant. I highly recommend the Zigeuner Schnitzel, a pork cutlet topped with spicy bell peppers, onions and mushrooms. My spouse had the Sauerbraten, a slow braised beef dish. The beef was not quite as tender as we would have liked it. The flavor however was right on. Sides were generous and delicious: potato pancake, red cabbage, cucumber salad and spaetzle. Our server was delightful. She had a sincere smile on her face the entire evening. The night we were there a 10% discount was offered in honor of Oktoberfest if you spoke German or did the Chicken Dance. We declined the offer.

• Visited September 2012
Baltimore, Maryland
“Service and dessert were the highlights”
Reviewed September 20, 2012

Service was awesome. 3 different employees came to ask if my meal was to my liking. Ice tea was refilled before being empty. At the end of the meal, I was asked if I had military or government ID (I don't), but that does imply that there would be a discount.

I'd rate the weiner schnitzell as average. I did like being able to pick the 2 sides. Dessert was fantastic. I had a tangy lemon and cream shortcake. An adjoining table had peach strudel and they raved about it. Mugs of beer are large and they have a great selection of German beer (and 2 wines).

Lacking in ambiance. My waitress was in a dirndl and there are lederhosen and other German items displayed, but overall the place has the feel of a diner. This is a small restaurant and most of the tables are high tops.

• Visited September 2012

Been to Das Bratwurst Haus? Share your experiences!