“Loved my stay here.”

Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Yuma
Ranked #11 of 33 Hotels in Yuma
Reviewed March 27, 2012

The hotel was easy to find, just off a major highway, and in walking distance of restaurants, shops, and a supermarket. Rooms were quite reasonably priced. I stayed in a two bed queen suite, which made my vacation with family quite affordable. The room was clean, large and quiet. The staff was friendly and helped us find local points of interest. I loved the amenities. An adequate workout room, wifi in my room, breakfast included, and a pool. I stayed for 5 days and thoroughly enjoyed my stay. I would definitely stay at another Microtel Inn.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank karen b

Reviewed February 18, 2012

The room was quite small for a queen sized bed but served our Purpose as we spent hardly any time in it . Was clean but had limited amenities. They Tell me the suites are better but ca't speak to that. Small recreation area and nice outdoor pool. Continental breakfast was a little below average compared to other places we have stayed. The Staff and service however are excellent.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank DR_HCalgary
Reviewed March 29, 2011

For the price, this is the best deal in Yuma, Arizona that we have found. Microtel gives you a queen suite for less than the price of a regular room at most of the other area chain hotels. It has been remodeled two years ago and so everything is still in good shape. The breakfast is as good as you can get without getting a meat dish with it. It has a very nice pool that is always heated. Our only complaint is that they need more lounge chairs at the pool. While it is not located in central Yuma, it is only ten minutes from nearly everything. If you play golf, there are several nice courses just a few minutes away.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled with family
3  Thank CoonHollow
Reviewed March 19, 2011

The suites are quite nice-includes fridge and microwave. Wifi does not work in the rooms. Continental breakfast is poor. Nice pool area.

• Stayed: March 2011
1  Thank Dukar
Reviewed February 24, 2011

Visiting friends in Yuma near Fortuna Road, we had the choice of Microtel and Comfort Inn. Microtel was more reasonably priced so we decided to give it a try, especially since we did not plan to spend lots of time in the room.
We had been warned that Microtel rooms are small, but we still were a bit taken aback when we saw just how small they are. However, the space is well designed and functional, and pleasantly decorated. There is a window seat above the heating/air conditioning unit which worked nicely to hold all our luggage, tote bags, etc. It actually afforded more space at a more convenient height than many rooms which supply one luggage rack.
Our room was very clean and odorfree. The entire hotel is smokefree. Some hotels use heavily scented cleaning products and air fresheners which make us sneeze and give us headaches; there was no problem with that here.
Our room had a fairly small, older television, but it worked well and was adequate for our needs. You have to watch tv from the bed. There was a small desk and free wireless internet.
The bed wasn't as comfortable as the pillowtop mattress we are accustomed to, but we slept quite comfortably. Our room was right across from the ice machine and on the side of the building next to the interstate, so we could hear quite a bit of noise but the traffic was muted enough that it didn't disturb us... I would recommend requesting a room away from the Interstate and down the hall a bit if possible.
The hotel had coffee and juice available all day. The coffee wasn't great, but several people commented on how good the juice was. There was a fairly standard breakfast with cereal, fruit, waffles. There's a small shopping area next to the hotel, and an Applebee's right next door.
The ratings I gave the hotel are not in comparison to more expensive hotels but are compared to a stay at Motel 6, Super 8 or comparable.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank misspWestSlope_CO
Reviewed December 7, 2010

Decent hotel for the price, it was convienant as we were visting family on Fortuna Road. Only problem we had was the TV did not work properly, when we told the front desk they did not seem to concerned. We stayed three nights and never did get the TV working right.
Other than that, the Hotel was good.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed November 15, 2010

I'd last stayed at a Microtel in 2007, in fact this very one. I'd then entitled my review "So-so". Things have not improved, despite the external face-lift. The rooms are very small. Yuma hotels seem to price-gouge visitors as there is nothing that could be deemed cheap, even 10 miles out of town.

There are few in-room amenities. An iron and what is laughingly called an ironing board. (I believe it is called a "table-top board") and that's basically it. You have to book a suite to get anything else. I wasn't expecting a fridge or microwave (you'd have to remove something from the room - probably the bed!!!) but a coffee maker would have been nice. For more than $70 a night, that's the least I would expect. The breakfast was passable but nothing spectacular. I have stayed at lesser rated places on this trip and got far more bangs for my buck.

At least I only had to stay there for 1 night. If I'd been in Yuma any longer, I'd have looked elsewhere to stay.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled solo