“Nicely Updated Hotel”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Yuma
Ranked #14 of 33 Hotels in Yuma
Reviewed July 25, 2014

We were pleasantly surprised by the nicely remodeled interior of the hotel. Very modern and clean on the inside service was friendly and courteous. The room was comfortable and even somewhat stylish. The bathrooms are a bit on the small side. Very little noise even though it is right next to the highway. Free breakfast is always nice but the food was a bit bland even flavorless (looking at you scrambled eggs) at times. If you are looking for a comfortable night's rest in Yuma with easy access to the highway this is a great choice.

Room Tip: Higher floors have less noise.
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple

Reviewed July 8, 2014

We recently stayed here with our family and my brother-in-laws family. Everything was just perfect right from my initial phone call to Mercedes at the front desk who checked us in before 11:00am because she found some rooms already available, all the way to us coming back and picking up a blanket that we left. It was so much more than I expected from a "budget" hotel. Thats kind of what I considered Fairfield because I'm used to staying at Starwood or Hyatt properties. We received so much value for our dollar that I'm seriously reconsidering my loyalty to SPG and Hyatt. The fact that we had an awesome breakfast everyday, a clean pool w/ plenty of towels, neat and spacious room, every amenity a hotel room should have (fridge, microwave, 2 TV's, pullout sofa, & coffee maker), and such a friendly staff that was willing to help... I can't say enough good things about our stay here. This was all included in our room rate that was more than reasonable! Thank you Fairfield!!!

Room Tip: Everyroom is a suite but our room was on the east side which was very nice because we stayed over th...
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed July 6, 2014

The Yuma Fairfield Inn & Suites ranks among the best in quality of all of the hotels I have stayed at during the last seven weeks I have been traveling around the country by car. What makes this particular hotel stand out from the others is the exceptional service. If I could give this hotel 10 stars for service, I would. I have never encountered such friendly, helpful and welcoming staff in all my travels this summer. Both Alma and Katherine deserve mention here -- they went the extra mile to ensure that I was comfortabe and happy with my stay. When the business center computer wasn't working, Alma jumped in and fixed it for me, all the time with a smile. There are lots of great hotels to choose from, but you really should go with the one that provides the best service. This is the hotel for you!

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled solo
Reviewed July 6, 2014

We very much enjoyed staying at this location. They are located very near Highway 8 and only blocks away from a large variety of popular restaurants, movie theater and stores. It is nice to have so many choices of ways to spend the evening.
The staff is very friendly and helpful; the room was immaculate. I was told the rooms were all recently remodeled. My one and only complaint is the extremely small containers of lotion, shampoo and conditioner. It was difficult for me to get anything out of them.
There is free wifi, newspaper and breakfast. There is a large variety of food to choose from. I appreciated the fact that healthy choices were available: real oatmeal in a slow cooker, and turkey sausage for example.

Room Tip: Ask for a room not facing the highway.
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed June 30, 2014 via mobile

We had to make an unscheduled stop in Yuma during our trip from Phoenix to San Diego. This hotel is very close to I-8. The lady at the checkin desk was very friendly and the interior of the hotel is nicely updated. They have free Wi-Fi in the hotel. The room was spacious with an additional living area and TV.
There's a mall close by with plenty of restaurants like Olive Garden and Red Lobster. This Fairfield Inn offers complimentary breakfast which has a decent selection of the usual fare like cereal, toast and fruits and also hot breakfast items like scrambled eggs, oatmeal and turkey sausage. The lady in charge of breakfast was super nice too.

We will certainly stay here if we find ourselves in Yuma AZ ever again.

Stayed: June 2014
Reviewed May 25, 2014

Room was quiet (top floor, furthest away from highway). Great furnishings and very stylish. I usually stay at the Holiday Inn Express but I had some Marriott points to use up so chose this hotel on my recent road trip. I will definitely consider other Fairfield properties in the future. Front desk staff were very friendly and professional. Almost made me want to stay in Yuma longer!

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled solo
Reviewed May 12, 2014

I have to say how surprised I was at the quality of this hotel. Often times, I find that Fairfiled Inn's are hit and miss - and I usually just end up thinking they are just average hotels and perfect for a one night stay. I am in the Yuma area often and usually stay with family but needed a hotel this trip. I always try to book Marriott brand hotels and there were 3 to choose from in Yuma. You will not be disappointed with the Fairfield Inn.

It appears to have just undergone a recent renovation and everything is clean and new. The lobby is on the smaller side, but there really isn't a need for a huge lobby. We arrived quite late in the evening and although the front desk staff had stepped away for a minute, we didn't have to wait long. Check in was smooth and easy and very quick.

We had 2 king rooms on the 3rd floor and both rooms were great. The rooms themselves are on the smaller side, but perfect for 1 or 2 people. There was plenty of desk space and enough outlets to handle all of your electronics. One of my biggest peeves is not enough outlets in hotels, but there were plenty. There was a power strip at the desk and both sides of the beds had lamps with 2 outlets each. IN addition, you can plug your USB into the phone and it will also charge your cells, etc.

The bed was extremely comfortable and I could have slept all day in it! The sink area was rather small and more counter space would be appreciated, but it did just fine. The shower pressure was great.

Although I didn't partake in the breakfast, my family did and they were very impressed by the variety of choices. They also mentioned that the staff was extremely pleasant and helpful while they were eating.

The only complaints I have are that the AC is VERY loud. It is a window unit and was loud. Thankfully, it did drown out the noise of the freeway that is close-by. Also, I had the AC set to 71 and I woke up in the middle of the night quite warm. It had shut off and I am not sure why. Once I turned it back on, the rest of the night was comfortable. The other complaint I had was that the ice machine on the 3rd floor wasn't working.

I would recommend this hotel to anyone in the Yuma area and if I need to stay in a hotel in Yuma again, I definitely will choose the Fairfield.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family