“Does not honor commitments”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Yuma
Ranked #13 of 33 Hotels in Yuma
Queen Creek, Arizona
“Does not honor commitments”
Reviewed April 22, 2011

In June 2010 we made reservations there using an award based program at my work. When we got their it was a fiasco as they did not recognize their own program. My work contacted Marriott and Mariott had them refund my points I spent to get the two rooms and sent me vouchers for two rooms to be used by 7/14/2011. The vouchers came from Liz Gremer/District Manager/ Yuma Marriott Hotels. The vouchers are good only at Fairfield Inns with no exclusion dates. They cannot be used for suites and do not covers taxes or incidentals. We called 4/22 to make reservations and they would not honor them. We called their customer service line and Marcus got the front desk manager to agree to accept the certificates. The Manager then found out and called Marcus back and said they were not giving out free rooms in the middle of their busy season and stated he is not honoring the cetificates. Marriott Fairfield Inn is not honoring their commitment or vouchers all in the name of the $$$. Please do not stay if you can do other-wise.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
3 Thank Striker669

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Regina, Canada
Reviewed March 2, 2011

We stayed in this hotel for a couple of nights in February of 2011 and liked it a lot. The rooms are not huge, but they are clean, modern, and the beds are comfortable. Staff was very helpful and breakfast was adequate. For a bit more money you can stay in the 'sister' hotel behind the Fairfield Inn, called Mariott Spinghill Suites. That is also a similarly nice hotel, with larger rooms, though prices are also somewhat higher. Value-wise, however, the edge goes to the Fairfield in Yuma.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
Montgomery, Alabama, USA
Reviewed March 2, 2011

Stayed in Yuma while supporting operations at Yuma Proving Grounds. The Fairfield Inn was the 5th hotel I called to book rooms for my entire party. The newer properties in Yuma were sold out during the time of my stay. The hotel was in good shape but dated. The beds were substandard and the noise from the highway was easily heard through the walls and windows. Also, the curtains did not close all the way and the bright Arizona sun streamed in unabated and made sleeping difficult after 8 a.m. The continental breakfast was not very good but there is a cracker barrel and a diner within 150 yards of the hotel. The sink and vanity area was quite compact but the overall size of the room was good.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed December 14, 2010

Lovely gold colors from the 90s and a microwave/fridge combo that reminds of your college dorm. Yes I love my Marriott points and sometimes you just have to sacrifice a little by staying at a not so up to date hotel.

Free wireless but not very strong signal sometimes my connection got really slow.....like I said it was the 90's experience!

The night I checked in I was excited to receive a letter telling me that my room will be getting a flat screen that week wooohooo!!! hey sometimes little things like that can make your trip just a little bit better. The letter said:

" We want to inform you that a maintenance staff member assisted by a manager, will be needing to enter your room Monday through Thursday between the hours of 9am and 5pm"

ok so I guess this was a four day project . Well on Tuesday I was up late in a rush and didnt have time to pick up my room so I decided to just place the "Do not disturb" sign.
My expectation of a "Do not disturb" sign is that staff wont come into your room unless there is reasonable suspicion that something is wrong or there is an emergency.
That is how most hotels I have stayed at ( I spend 200+ day on the road) see the sign if it has been place for less than 24 hours.

Well the staff at this hotel does not share this common courtesy shared by most hotels. They went in to install the TV and also went thru my things that I left in the bed. My Ipod touch 64gb and $200 were missing when I came back....They did make the bed. So they not only went into the room to install the TV but also went thru the whole housekeeping routine while I was at work thinking my stuff was safe.

I talked to the district manager she told me that they do not respect the "do not disturb" sign and that the privacy of guest is not important if they need to install the flat screen TV or feel that they have to clean the room . She said that I was wrong to expect ANY privacy by placing the "do not disturb" sign . Wow that was news to me after traveling for so long!!! and spending so many nights with Marriott hotels.

Hmmmmm let me remind you this was Tuesday.....they could have done the TV installation on Wed or Th as stated in the letter. They could have call and left a message saying to make sure the room was available the next day.

I was told that the hotel is not responsible for the taken items. I am out of luck!
I contacted my insurance agent who told me "focus on your job and I will take care of it."

I was very upset but I had to focus on my job and as a road warrior that is what you have to do sometimes regardless of situations like this. Paperwork that is not going to replace the stuff you lost is not worth the time when you are somewhere for business. You just have to move foward

BTW the flat screen TV keeps on freezing every 30 seconds.....what a day!!

Very noisy and you can hear car traffic all night

• Stayed December 2010, traveled on business
3 Thank warriortravelgirl
Los Angeles
Reviewed August 4, 2010

I stayed in this hotel for 1 night. The purpose of my trip was business. I got a good rate at the hotel. This hotel is in a very convenient location to the freeways and it's right across from a large mall with plenty of restaurants to choose from. The hotel is basic as are Fairfield Inns. I have to say that the staff was great and very interested in making sure I was comfortable. It served my purpose well.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled on business
Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio
Reviewed July 10, 2010

I have been to this location in both Jan and May of this year for work.

Had been warned about the hotels Yuma has to offer, but stuck to my loyalty to Marriott and was very impressed! Clean, comfortable, very nice staff. Would recommend!

• Stayed May 2010, traveled on business
Florence, Kentucky
Reviewed February 22, 2009

This is a newer facility in a nice area. There are lots of shopping and eating choices surrounding the hotel (show your hotel card-key at Denny's for a 15% cut). The room had 2 queen beds (with 4 pillows on each bed) and was very clean and quiet with free i/net and fridge and stove.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled solo