“Overpriced and not so great”

Market Grill Steak & Seafood
Ranked #52 of 264 Restaurants in Yuma
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Good for: Bar scene, Romantic, Large groups, Special occasions, Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed February 22, 2013

I would not patronize this place ever again. It's overpriced and not too great. First of all the server brought me the wrong wine. I ordered a white, by name, from the wine list and brought a red. When I pointed this out to the server she argued and claimed that I had order red. Fortunately my other two companion diners had heard me order and could vouch for me. She then became argumentative. Not a good move. We started with an appetizer of lamb ribblets. When these finally arrived they were done to death, dry and tough. Not acceptable. That's when we left and went elsewhere.

2  Thank Jack V
LorenaMK, Front Office Manager at Market Grill Steak & Seafood, responded to this reviewResponded April 10, 2013

Dear Jack V.,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent visit. On behalf of the staff here at the Market Wine Bar Bistro, I would like to apologize for your negative experience. In an effort to improve, I will certainly share your comments with our staff and the Chef. We hope that you will consider us again in the future.

Reviewed February 21, 2013

The write up on Trip Advisor sounded good, but once there, this is nothing more than an average hotel restaurant in the Radisson Hotel. It is average at best. The food - average, nothing to rave about. We couldn't believe they were out of Beefeater's Gin (ran out on Thursday, and this was Monday - don't they get deliveries on a regular basis?). In the future we'll definitely skip this place. Oh, we also got the last portion of calamari they had (again, don't they check their inventory?) and it was more than crispy ... oh well.

1  Thank Victoria M

Dear Victoria M,

Thank you for your review. We value the feedback, and I will share your comments with the staff. While we do have a full bar and extensive wine list, Beefeaters Gin is not a part of our inventory. On behalf of everyone here at the Market Wine Bar Bistro, I am sorry that you found your experience to be average. We will use your suggestions to train and improve our staff. Thank you again for taking the time to respond.

Reviewed February 11, 2013

I am staying at the hotel and decided to try the restaurant here. Well tonight I did and what a pleasant surprise. I had the pleasure of having Erin wait on me and she is a fine example of what great customer service should be. I had the pasta dish with asparagus and kalamata olives and it was fabulous. This restaurant has an extensive list of fine wines and although I didn't have any, I recognized many top names. This is a first class restaurant with great food and outstanding service. When I first walked in I must say the hostess was not the friendliest but Erin made up for that and more. One other thing I was disappointed with is that I think happy hour should be available throughout the entire restaurant not just the bar. That was disappointing and they lost money too! Oh well now I know and so do you! You could sit in the crowded bar and pay the same prices for dinner but I chose not to. Personally I think that is tacky. If someone is going to pay $30.00 for dinner, they should be able to enjoy the happy hour prices for drinks as well. I travel the entire state and have never heard of such a thing. I guess it would be different if the bar was separate, but it wasn’t. Anyway other that those issues the food was good and Erin did a great job of making me feel special and welcomed.

Connie Y, Manager at Market Grill Steak & Seafood, responded to this reviewResponded April 11, 2013

Dear Mary M,

Thank you for your comments regarding your recent visit to the Market Wine Bar Bistro. We are very pleased that you enjoyed our friendly service and dinner. Our culinary team is proud to use only the freshest ingredients and local produce. I will share your positive comments with both the kitchen and service staff. Our Happy Hour is offered daily from 3-6:30, in our bar and lounge, and includes discounted cocktails, draft beer, wines by the glass, and select lounge appetizers. I am very sorry that our policy kept you from fully enjoying your experience. Your feedback is very important to us and will certainly be considered in the future when discussing possible changes. Again, thank you for your suggestions and comments.

Reviewed February 11, 2013

This is a great place. The bar has good alcohol selection. The bartenders know how to make drinks. They have a variety of mixed drinks that most bartenders in town have never heard of, let alone know how to pour/mix them. The staff is very professional, the food is excellent and reasonably priced. Hands down one of the best in Yuma. Thank you for the wonderful experience.

Dear Chris S,

Thank you for your review regarding your recent visit. We are glad you enjoyed our “Yes I Can” service, and knowledgeable staff. We are very pleased to offer over 40 wines by the glass as well as handcrafted cocktails, some of which we design according to the season. Again, thank you for your comments and I will certainly share your impressions with the staff. We look forward to seeing you again here at the Market Wine Bar Bistro.

Reviewed February 3, 2013

We ate here last night and loved it. Great restaurant find in Yuma, Thank you Trip Advisor! 4 of us dined here and we all agreed it was fabulour. The Citrus Chicken is probably the best chicken entree I have ever had. Wine selection is awesome, service is terrific. The restaurant is next to a Radisson Hotel and I was a bit skeptical. But what a fantastic meal, enjoyed by all!! Highly recommend this place.

Dear JuneauGirlNevada,

Thank you for your positive comments regarding your recent visit. I look forward to sharing your feedback with the entire staff at the Market Wine Bar Bistro. I am very glad you enjoyed our service as well as the Citrus Chicken dish. Our Chef and culinary team take great pride in providing our guests with a quality dining experience.

We are very pleased to offer over forty wines by the glass, and I’m glad you were able to enjoy our selection.

We look forward to seeing you again soon!