“Its a fine place to stay with some notable exceptions.”

Hilton Garden Inn Yuma Pivot Point
Ranked #3 of 33 Hotels in Yuma
Eugene, Oregon
“Its a fine place to stay with some notable exceptions.”
Reviewed March 6, 2011

There was a smell like sewer gas which wafted through periodically. It may have been caused by the proximity to the Colorado River. There are less expensive places to stay in Yuma in quality hotels by major chains. The location is close to Interstate 8 and some noise comes from it . Don't book directly with the hotel. I learned the hard way I could save $32/ night booking on line. When we called (about 2 pm that day), we were told there were no King bed rooms available. Booking online at 7 PM that same day, we saved money and magically found a King. When we asked the Night Manager about the disparity, he responded rudely,

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Cliph2000

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (103)
Tucson
Reviewed February 4, 2011

The Hilton Garden Inn is full of friendly staff, clean as a whistle, a brand new place, nicely decorated, and has yummy food. We ate dinner in their lovely lobby, and were impressed by the quality of the dinners and with Abby, our waitress. The morning staff was just as helpful and friendly. There is a cold breakfast for $5, and if you want hot food added, the price is $12. The cold breakfast had a wonderful selection of fruits, juices, muffins, cereal (including hot oatmeal), bagels, sweet rolls...The room was super clean... the staff friendly and helpful. Even the maintenance man said hello in the morning and remarked on the weather. This place is a treasure... thank you manager....

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank Linda L
Albany, Oregon
Reviewed February 1, 2011

We were at this hotel for 2 nights and were very pleased with the service and friendliness of the staff. The hotel is right on the river and surrounded by interesting historical sites and information, many of them within walking distance. It is a fairly new hotel and most of it is in great shape but our carpets looked a little stained and dirty. We did not use the pool or fitness center but they looked great. The bed was probably the best feature of our stay. It has the select comfort control for each side and the mattress and bedding were wonderful. There was a large flat screen tv, wifi, refrigerator, microwave, coffee maker, etc.... The refrigerator was a little noisy and the constant fan noise from the bathroom was a little bothersome (maybe because we were on the top floor) and the wall units for heating and cooling that all of the Hilton properties seem to have are really loud, but not unbearable. We stayed at 4 different Hilton properties on this trip and this was the only one that did not provide free breakfast each morning. For $6.00 we grabbed a to-go box and filled it with pastries and fruit etc...to eat in our room. For $12.00 each we could have had a hot ordered breakfast but these were included in the price of our other hotels and the price did not reflect the difference. That is why I gave it a lower value rating.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank valuetravelers
AllysonCataldo, hotel management at Hilton Garden Inn Yuma Pivot Point, responded to this review, March 18, 2011
I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed our great location and that you were happy with our staff and service! We hope you'll come back and stay with us again next time you're in Yuma -- please let us know if you're coming back. We look forward to the opportunity to earn a five-star review from you next time.

Regards,
Allyson Cataldo
Andalusia, Alabama
Reviewed January 5, 2011

Hats off to the staff at this hotel. Choose this hotel for a 4 day business trip through the Hilton web site.

All members of our team were treated very well and supported in needs for conference rooms, board rooms for meetings.

Special thanks to Sherri Sheeran for all her help during our visit. We will make this our home during upcoming visits to the Yuma area.

Also let me recommend the cheese burger, 100% Angus, wont say how many I had during the trip but will say every one of them was great.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank Kearnsrlk
AllysonCataldo, Hotel management at Hilton Garden Inn Yuma Pivot Point, responded to this review, March 18, 2011
Wow, thank you for such a wonderful review! It's an honor to earn a five-star review -- we're so glad you enjoyed your stay. I will make sure that your compliments are passed on to Sherri and the rest of our staff. Please let us know the next time you will be in Yuma, and check out our Facebook page for special deals, discounts, and events happening in Yuma. We can't wait to see you again!

Regards,
Allyson Cataldo
Hotel management
Salinas, California
Reviewed January 5, 2011

I have been with Taylor Farms for over 10 years now, and traveled through those years. My stay at this hotel was by far the most fantastic that I have ever experienced during my travels whether the travel was work related or personal. There were three things that I was most pleased with. The prompt, friendly, efficient, and dedication to every detail of service while I was dining was exceptional. Additionally the staff either at the front desk, or at the restaurant were superb, attentive, prompt, and always genuine, and courteous.. And last but not least the room was so awesome!! I also want to compliment you for your attention to conservation, as that is so very important.

I hope that you will accept this as my endorsement that your dedication to high quality is superb, and I will recommend your hotel to everyone that I can

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank maustin
sherrisheeran, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn Yuma Pivot Point, responded to this review, January 13, 2011
Thank you so much for your kind words & for taking the time to write them! We really value your feedback. We not only have a beautiful facility but an amazing staff that takes such great care of our guests. I'm proud to be a part of such a great property. I hope we see you again on a return visit & thanks again!

~ Sherri Sheeran
Director of Sales & Marketing
Florida
Reviewed January 2, 2011

We first stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn in August 2009, when the hotel was brand new and great! When we planned to visit Yuma a second time we made our reservation hesitantly, as we have encountered some new hotels that went downhill fast and can be disappointing--not so with the Hilton Garden Inn.
Everything was perfect during our stay in December 2010. The hotel looked just like it did over a year ago when it was new and we stayed there. The rooms were clean and well maintained, as was the lobby area, computer room and fitness room.
We ask for a room overlooking the Colorado River and enjoy watching the river and also walk through the beautiful riverfront park.
There are several casinos nearby, one about a mile away, the other about 10 miles. This hotel is in the lower corner of Arizona with California a few miles to the west, Mexico about 20 miles south. We pay for the hotel with our savings (over U.S. prices) visiting a dentist south of Yuma, where we park our car in San Luis, Az. and walk across the border to the dentist.
A room at this hotel is available including breakfast, which is also great. The restaurant at the hotel features custom-prepared eggs, pancakes, everything and anything anyone would want for breakfast.
My wife particularly liked the adjustable mattress, which enables her to adjust her side of the bed the way she wants without changing my side. She loved the shampoo, conditioner and body lotions, the manager gave us information on where to contact the supplier so we could obtain more of these products.
My family and I have stayed in numerous hotels around the world. For more than 20 years I worked in the Middle East, and we staying in hotels in world capitals, including London, Paris, Rome and numerous other locations—the Yuma Garden Inn is our FAVORITE hotel of ANY we have stayed in.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank kaiserdr
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed December 6, 2010

First time staying at a Hilton Garden Inn and was surprised by the level of service and cleanliness. On hindsight, I guess I shouldn't have been surprised.

I checked into the hotel at approximately 1am. The front desk clerk was very friendly and had my reservation ready and waiting. He even addressed me by name before I had a chance to offer it. I guess I was probably the only one checking into the hotel at that time of night. Regardless, it was a welcoming touch.

The amenities were great. The fitness room was pretty modern with good equipment. The business center is conveniently open 24 hours. The bar/lounge/restaurant was spacious and accommodating. Even has a nice patio area for when the weather is good.

The room was spotless and immaculate. Internet is complimentary with both wireless and wired connections available which is commendable because these days, using a wireless connection has security disadvantages. Bathroom was nice and modern with very nice shampoo, conditioner, lotion, and soaps.
Apparently the bed was comfortable because the minute I laid down to sleep, I was knocked out until the morning. Pretty rare for me.

Last but not least the breakfast was great. Although I had to pay for it, it was well worth it having a made to order omelet every day I was there. And it was no dinky omelet. More than enough food to start out the day properly as well as fresh juices and coffee. The breakfast employees consisting of the chefs and servers were beyond great. I will choose this hotel next time just because of them and their friendly, efficient service!

• Stayed December 2010, traveled on business