“Nice Place”

Ranked #3 of 33 Hotels in Yuma
Annapolis, United States
“Nice Place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 3, 2014

This is the nicest hotel I have found in the Yuma area. The staff is friendly and helpful. The rooms are clean and comfortable. The bar and restaurant were very nice (the cold plate around the bar to keep you beer cold was pretty cool).

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (98)
Tucson, Arizona
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 29, 2014

Great central location. very clean rooms and good breakfast. the staff are super friendly and helpful. Definitely our preferred place to stay when we travel to Yuma (which we do often). It's easy to get around from this hotel and the river walk/park right behind it is a plus

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank E D
Phoenix, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 14, 2014

The staff at the Yuma Hilton Garden are very helpful and friendly. They make the stay enjoyable. The hotel is on the river and it is quiet. I recommend staying at this Hilton Garden if travels take you to Yuma.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 13, 2014

Nice hotel in not-so-nice town. Restaurant food was excellent yet pricey for dinner with a rather limited selection. Room was noisy from the showers upstairs. Curtains did not keep the morning light out. Their 'new' beds have individual controls to make them soft, medium or hard. Neither my wife nor I could get either side to be comfortable. We tried every setting and tossed and turned all night. She finally got up and slept on the chair. In the morning, when I told the girl working at the front desk that the bed was very uncomfortable and to send someone up to check the controls, she said there was nothing wrong with it and that's how it works & put her head back to whatever she was doing and pretty much dismissed me. I should have asked to speak with a manager but we still had 300+ miles to drive. Their policy claims satisfaction guaranteed or your money back - I guess I will have to write to the hotel to see what happens. I would not stay here again.

Room Tip: Get a room with river view so you don't see/hear the cars in the parking lot all night.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
DMiyakawa, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Yuma Pivot Point, responded to this review, January 15, 2014
To start, I wish to thank you for choosing our hotel during you stay in Yuma. While Yuma is not a major metropolitan city like Phoenix or San Diego; I personally find its history, landmarks, shops and restaurants to be wonderfully true to its southwest heritage. However, I realize many are traveling through town and have little time to explore these local treasures.

I wish to extend my sincerest apologies that your past stay with our hotel did not meet your expectations. I understand that a comfortable night’s sleep is a cornerstone of our industry and I am sorry that both your wife and you could not enjoy a restful evening. Hilton has done extensive research on our bedding solutions and many guests give favorable reviews on our beds, but no “one size fits all” applies to a comfortable night’s sleep.

Additionally, I am disappointed to hear that our guest service agent did not convey the proper empathy while discussing your concern and issues. Our guest service staff works very hard to make all our guests stay welcoming and comfortable and this falls below our expectations for superior customer service. I will share with the team your observations and evaluate how we can better respond to these important opportunities to show care and commitment to our guests.

I do encourage you to reach out to my office, so I can personally assist you in resolving your remaining concerns.

Regards

San Diego, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 13, 2014

We wanted a nice room for a couple of nights while we stayed in Yuma. We got an excellent deal at the Hilton Garden Inn. The price was reasonable for a hotel of this quality. The room was clean, smelled fresh, and had nice furnishings. The bed was comfortable with clean white bed linens. All staff that we met were friendly and helpful. The only thing change I would have liked is for the facility to have had an ice machine on the first floor; otherwise, this was a great place to stay!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple

Aberdeen, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 9, 2014

We were very pleased to find this hotel in Yuma. It was excellently positioned near to all the attractions and downtown but also easily accessible from the freeway. The staff were very friendly and the room was pleasant and clean. I would certainly recommend this hotel to anyone planning a trip to Yuma.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Lakeside CA, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 5, 2014

We stayed at this hotel because of a family wedding in Yuma. We were very happy with the personnel and the room. We would recommend this place to stay for everyone. It was conveniently located and easily accessible from the freeway.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family