“Nice property but check-in can be slow”

Hilton Garden Inn Yuma Pivot Point
Ranked #3 of 33 Hotels in Yuma
Reviewed December 29, 2012

A new property that is a good option in Yuma. Sleep quality was very good. A single employee was checking in guests and one guest had all sorts of questions as the line grew and grew. The hotel manager was doing the howdy doody with people in line instead of looking for someone to help with the lone employee checking us in. I am still a bit mystified at the directions to the hotel that we got off the website. It was quite a drive through town to find a property so near the freeway but we found it.

Room Tip: Avoid the side nearest the highway.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Otto W
Jeff H, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Yuma Pivot Point, responded to this reviewResponded January 23, 2013

Dear Otto W.

Thank you for your recent posting for the Hilton Garden Inn Yuma. We appreciate your feedback. I have addressed your concerns with our team, and we will make sure we are better staffed for our arriving guests in the future. Thanks again, and we look forward to hosting you in the future.

Sincerely yours,

Reviewed December 21, 2012

My wife and I had the pleasure of staying here for four nights in December. We were treated well by every staff member that we met, but we must extra compliments to the breakfast crew in the restaurant who really do a great job. We had booked one of the suites and we were happy to have the extra space. The location at Pivot Point was central enough for our needs, although I wish that downtown Yuma had more to offer for food and drink. Wasn't a big deal though, as most areas that we ended up in were only five to ten minutes by car. We had a great stay here and would make it our first choice when returning to Yuma.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family

Dear Ross H.
Thank you for your kind words about the Hilton Garden Inn in Yuma. I will make sure I share your comments with our team. We are looking forward to your return visits here in the future.

Sincerely yours,

Reviewed December 16, 2012

Stayed here for a night on 2nd September 2012, was my second stay on our 2012 trip through the USA. Check-in was ok, fast, as usual at HGI.
Room was clean, everything seemed to be fine but then our problem started about midnight as we were in bed - we noticed that there came smoke from A/C, fire detector went on and it smelled like burned rubber in the room, I called front desc w/o knowing whats going on, they sent us a technician and we got a new room, he said that it was something with the A/C.

The next moring my spouce went for a breakfast and I took a shower, after 5 min in the shower fire detector went on again and its smelled agian like burned rubber in the whole room! As wet as I was and also a bit confused since I didnt know how harmful it was I called the front desc again, turned A/C off and opened the door to get the smoke out of the room. they wanted to give us a new room but it was almost the time for check out so I have decided to pack suitcases and check out.
I never had similar situation before and Im HH Gold member.

Since it was so unsual and so disturbing for us I didnt want to pay for this night because of all the trouble we had in only couple of hours! what is completely understandable so I wanted to speak to a manager about it, Mr Hirsch came and we talked with him for about 10 min, he promised that I will get some HH points, and that I dont have to pay for the night, of course. I told him it was prepaid - he replied its not a problem! he was very kind and understandable so there was no reason for being sceptical. But it seems that it was just tactic to keep us satisfied until we went out not to avoid that other guests would take a note about our complain.

After we came back to Germany 4 weeks later - still nothing happened - no points (never asked for it, but it was promised) no money refund, so I wrote him an email, he apologied and told me about some problems with prepaid money refund and he wanted to send me a check, ok, I was just wondering why he didnt know about it as we talked with him in the lobby (as I wrote above - I told him that I have prepaid) it was beginning of October - now its middle of December and still nothing!

Never thought it would be possible get fooled from a GM of Hilton property. Never again in this hotel!!! I have learnt my lesson. Really very disappointed.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank TheEffect

Dear recent guest.

Thank you for your recent stay and thank you for the honsety. I sincerely hope that the next time you travel through Yuma, that you give the hotel a second try. I am sure we will satisfy your every need.

Yours Truly,

Reviewed December 14, 2012

Had a flood in my house,check in at the hilton. staff was great , fit us in . nice stay ,clean rooms .grate food , clean bar, fast service ,nice jym clean and heated pool, breakfast was affordable and fresh juice',Fernanado,and staff, thank you. my family have stayed there when visiting yuma ,they also enjoyed there stay.

Room Tip: river view is must , checkout tuma prison.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Jeff H, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Yuma Pivot Point, responded to this reviewResponded December 17, 2012

Dear Miguel M.

Thank you for your most recent stay with us in Yuma, AZ and for taking the time to sharing your experiences about it on Trip Advisor. Our mission is to provide you with excellent service and make your stay comfortable and accommodating to suit all your needs. Thank you for your feedback, and especially for the positive comments about the hotel and about Fernando in particular. I will be sure to pass your comments onto the team. Happy Holidays, and again, thank you for your patronage and I look forward to spending some time with you the next time you stay at the Hilton Garden Inn - Yuma.

Reviewed November 12, 2012

I stayed here because I was attending an event with my boyfriend in the Hilton's banquet hall. It was absolutely gorgeous in both places. The amenities and accommodations were excellent and the breakfast was very reasonable and served good good. The only problem was that housekeeping skipped my room during the three days we stayed so we weren't able to get new sheets and had to ask the desk for towels. I don't know why that happened considering I had taken down the do-not-disturb sign by 9 am each day. However I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
jhirsch, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Yuma Pivot Point, responded to this reviewResponded November 23, 2012

Thank you for your most recent stay with us in Yuma, AZ and for taking the time to sharing your experiences about it on Trip Advisor. Our mission is to provide you with excellent service and make your stay comfortable and accommodating to suit all your needs. Thank you for your feedback. The feedback is important because it acts as a monitor of how we did in all aspects of your stay. Again, thank you for your patronage and I look forward to spending some time with you the next time you stay at the Hilton Garden Inn - Yuma.

Reviewed November 7, 2012

We stayed at this hotel for a short stay while driving between Tucson and San Diego. Staff at the hotel were all very friendly from the check in through to the staff we encountered in the restaurant and at the bar. The room was clean and of a good size, the air conditioning was very effective but noisy due to the type of under window unit, this may be an annoyance if you are sensitive to noise when trying to sleep. We ate a meal in the hotel which was good and of a reasonable price. Breakfast was very good, the hotel offered a continental/cereal buffet for $4.95 or a full breakfast cooked to order service for $12. Wifi in the hotel was free of charge although as other posters have commented it was very slow most of the time. The hotel seems to be located in a quiet location but this was fine for us and we were able to walk along the river trail to the Yuma prison. There is a cinema and small number of shops nearby although we had to drive for a wider selection which wasn't a problem for us, nearby eating choices would also be very limited without driving.

Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
jhirsch, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Yuma Pivot Point, responded to this reviewResponded November 23, 2012

Thank you for your most recent stay with us in Yuma, AZ and for taking the time to write about the hotel on Trip Advisor.. Our mission is to provide you with excellent service and make your stay comfortable and accommodating to suit all your needs. Thank you for your feedback. The feedback is important because it acts as a monitor of how we did in all aspects of your stay. In addition, thank you for going into detail about your experiences at the hotel. Thank you for the comments about the noisy air conditioning in your room and about the Internet service. I have mentioned your concerns to our Maintenance team, and they are resolving the air conditioning matter. In addition, we are in the process of upgrading the Internet service.. Again,thank you for your patronage and I look forward to spending some time with you in February, the next time you stay at the Hilton Garden Inn - Yuma.

Reviewed October 23, 2012

I'm one of the tour managers for a group of 86 musicians. It's very important for us to be able to get in and out of a hotel quickly. This staff had everything set as discussed before arrival and everything went incredibly smooth. We worked with Rosy the day we got to town. She was very friendly and organized. I highly recommend this hotel!

• Stayed: October 2012

Thank you for your most recent stay with us in Yuma, AZ and for taking the time to sharing your experiences about it on Trip Advisor. Our mission is to provide you with excellent service and make your stay comfortable and accommodating to suit all your needs. Thank you for your feedback. The feedback is important because it acts as a monitor of how we did in all aspects of your stay. Thank you for the kind comments about our staff, I will be sure to share your comments with them. Again, thank you for your patronage and I look forward to spending some time with you the next time you stay at the Hilton Garden Inn - Yuma.