“A step above”

Homewood Suites Yuma
Ranked #5 of 33 Hotels in Yuma
Reviewed March 23, 2014 via mobile

Week 2 of 3 the staff is great. Room fresh and clean. Pool area is great. They have large number of lounge chairs, chairs and a couple of tables with umbrellas. Outside the fence is two gas grills, tables and chairs. In addition they have 2 "couches", with cushions and pillows. They have decent breakfast and dinner Monday through Thursday. Currently reworking they liquor license. When that is worked out wine and beer with dinner. If you have a problem with your room they go above and beyond to fix it as fast as possible.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
Wayne_Rooks, General Manager at Homewood Suites Yuma, responded to this reviewResponded March 25, 2014

As always, it is such a pleasure having you here! Once again, thank you for such kind remarks regarding our hotel and staff. We take your comfort seriously, and are always looking for ways to improve. Please let us know how we can make your stay more enjoyable. Hope to have the liquor license soon!

Reviewed March 23, 2014

Best kept, best managed, clean throughout. The food is outstanding. Can't say enough about this place. Try it and you will be treated the same (TOP OF THE LINE) Its located in the heart of shopping and restaurants. Its easy to get to and out of. The pool area, seating area is equipped with grills to cook your own if you prefer.

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton
Wayne_Rooks, General Manager at Homewood Suites Yuma, responded to this reviewResponded March 27, 2014

We are honored to have guests like you in our hotel! Thanks to you and your wife for making the trip. We hope to have you back real soon, my friend! In the meantime, we wish you the best!

Reviewed March 14, 2014

We stayed here for one full week and would absolutely return. The hotel staff were all very friendly and helpful and knowledgeable. Rooms were clean, bed quite comfortable, WiFi connection adequate. It was a good location across the street from a mall with lots of stores and restaurant choices. They served dinner Monday thru Thursday evenings, so we didn’t need many restaurants. Dinner was fine for us, nothing gourmet and not a buffet of choices, and no vegetarian options, but for us it worked. The breakfast buffet however, had everything and anything you might normally eat for breakfast and was superb. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay here and if ever back in Yuma, we will return!

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
Wayne_Rooks, General Manager at Homewood Suites Yuma, responded to this reviewResponded March 17, 2014

Thank you for choosing Homewood Suites Yuma! We hope your travels will find you back in Yuma in the near future. Thank you for such kind reviews on our hotel and staff. Safe travels!

Reviewed March 12, 2014

Definitely one of the better hotels in the Yuma area, always my first choice! Sometimes the price is a little high but always worth it. Great staff, helpful, and displays great customer service. The rooms are clean, well-stocked, and I feel comfortable in the surroundings.

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton
Wayne_Rooks, General Manager at Homewood Suites Yuma, responded to this reviewResponded March 13, 2014

We thank you for such kind remarks. Our guests are our number one priority, always! You will always have a warm and comfy place to stay, here at Homewood Suites Yuma!

Reviewed March 12, 2014

Our first time staying here for the car show weekend and we would stay here again. The hotel is very comfortable and convenient to dining and visiting with our friends. It's so quiet we didn't hear any of the bands staying there for the car show event! Thanks for a great weekend!!!

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

We are happy your first experience with us went well. Hopefully, you enjoyed the show enough to come back for it next year. If so, we'll have a room ready for you! Again, thank you for choosing Homewood Suites Yuma!

Reviewed March 12, 2014

I am a Hilton employee and always stay at Homewood Suites when I visit Yuma. My dogs love this property too and I always get excellent service. Being an employee of Hilton I notice everything and this property is always on top of everything. Very clean and very quiet as well.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

As always, we appreciate your business! Looking forward to your return. Thank you, once again.

Reviewed March 9, 2014

I was here on business and was needing the government rate. I had booked my stay for 3 months with the intent to extend multiple times, depending on the length of time I was needed to be here. I was forced to check out after only a month because of the Sales Managers unwillingness to help me in obtaining the per diem rate. I had conveyed to her that I was a Diamond Member, that I was a current guest with previous stays at this hotel already this year, and that I was already in an extended stay with this hotel. Her only solution was to book a new reservation online which then began to do. I told her that my company has a "Direct Billing Option" already established with the TownPlace by Marriot, and that I chose to stay HERE. She stated that there was nothing that she could do, that I would be forced to pay the "contractors" rate. so that day I checked out and I will not be returning. The truth is, that this experience has made it so that I will not stay at a Hilton property again when working in Yuma, AZ.

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Thank you for your review. We are sorry we were unable to accommodate your needs. Being a military town, we experience a very high volume of Govt business in our hotel, and proudly boast that a substantial amount of our business stems from the Govt segment. We appreciate your business and hope you will give another thought to returning to our Brand, here in Yuma.