“A perfect place for business professionals”

Homewood Suites Yuma
Ranked #6 of 33 Hotels in Yuma
Jaipur, India
“A perfect place for business professionals”
Reviewed September 13, 2011

I went there for 8 weeks May and June 2009 on a business tour. I would say it's a perfect place to live at.... Location is very good... restaurants and shopping mall is just walking distance. Rooms are very clean with all the amenities available easily. Housekeeping services are awesome.... one can't complain about anything. Enjoyed my stay there.... would say if your are visiting Yuma..... it is the best place to stay at...!!

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
Wayne_Rooks, General Manager at Homewood Suites Yuma, responded to this review, September 14, 2011
Thank you for your kindness. We truly appreciate your comments regarding the Homewood Suites Yuma. We take pride in making your experience pleasurable, and appreciate the opportunity of having you as our guest. We are constantly working towards being the "best place to stay" in Yuma, and it is an honor to be considered as such. We thank you for recommending Homewood Suites Yuma to other travelers, and look forward to your next visit to the desert Southwest!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed July 20, 2011

3 years ago, this was my favorite hotel in the area. It has steadily declined in several departments and as the travel coordinator for my company, I have decided to no longer book any of our personnel at this location.

Getting per Diem rates for government travel is almost impossible.

The last straw was the ordeal in booking rooms this last trip. I was making reservations for 2 people. I was given a rate of $129.00/night for one person and $189.00/night for another. After a long negotiation, I was able to get the reasonable rates of $99.00/night for both. The following day, I had to add one more to the trip and was quoted $169.00/night. I explained that I needed the rate to be the same as the previous 2 reservations but could not get it.

I ended up making the reservation for the 3rd person at the Hilton Garden Inn (now my favorite) for $109.00/night.

I received an email from the (new) manager (Lorraine is no longer there), stating they were over booked and I had been moved to the Hampton Inn and my room rates had been changed from $99.00/ night to $129.00/night. This email was sent on Friday, 5-18-2011 at 5:18pm (this was after work hours, no phone contact was attempted). We were traveling on Monday morning at 6:00am. I luckily had my work laptop at home and caught it.

On Monday morning, I brought up the website to find there were 2 rooms available (yet they were overbooked?) I immediately called and complained. I told them I wanted one of those rooms at the rate I had been quoted. I was told the manager was the only one that could change the rates, so I suggested he call me prior to my arrival. I had to book one of these 2 available rooms at $169.00/night.

The manager called me while I was still in transit to his location. I explained to him how dissatisfied I was with the situation. He changed my rate back to the $99.00/night rate. I also complained that I had to book another person at another hotel and was able to get him relocated to this hotel at the$99.00/night rate.

Just this alone was a nightmare as I was on the phone for over 2 hours booking, negotiating, cancelling, booking, negotiating, complaining, etc... It should have NEVER gotten to that point.

After check-in, we went to our room. It was a handicap accessible room, nice enough and very large in size. I don't think it had been used in a while though, as the calendar menu on the refrigerator door was still for June as was the HBO pamphlet. It wasn't extremely dusty, but you could tell it had not been dusted in a while. The air conditioner was off when we arrived and it was 89 degrees in our room. It took 5 hours to get the room to a comfortable temperature. ALL of the dishes were in the dishwasher. Now why would I want to travel all day to have to put up the dishes? If this is now the policy, it's a bad one.

The food, was mediocre compared to what we had been served in the past at this location.

I know a lot of posters think this is a good hotel. It very well may be, but it is nowhere near in comparison to 3 years ago when we first started using it. I am tired of having to work so hard to make reasonable accommodations, especially as a Diamond Club member. Apparently, this means little anymore.

Either way, I'm through here. There will be no further bookings with this hotel for any of the employees that are under my responsibility.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
Wayne_Rooks, General Manager at Homewood Suites Yuma, responded to this review, July 26, 2011
Shatmeister - We apologize for the inconvenience you encountered during the booking process. This is not typical of our hotel and we appreciate your business. Your satisfaction is very important to us and we try hard to make sure all of our guests have a rewarding experience at Homewood Suites. We appreciate your feedback and I will be reaching out to you in order to make this right.

Very Respectfully,

Wayne Rooks
Texas
Reviewed June 30, 2011

My husband and I were there for 5 weeks June/July 2010 due to his work. We had our two dogs with us as well. I have to say the staff all go out of their way to make you feel like family - definitely above and beyond. I have no complaints with housekeeping, it was wonderful to walk down in the morning and have a different breakfast every day and I have to say I don't think it is the usual fare you find at similar places...there were home-cooked meals served. Monday through Thursday there is wine and beer and a lite meal which for most of us staying there was the main meal. I never had any problems with the wifi in the room...only problem was I need something printed off and the business center printer wasn't working so staff printed it off in their office.

I would not hesitate to recommend the Homewood Suites and would definitely stay there again. Lorraine and Jerry take pride in this property

• Stayed July 2010, traveled on business
Edmonton, Canada
Reviewed June 8, 2011

My husband and I stayed here. The bed was very comfortable. The rooms were quiet and clean. The hotel is close to shopping and restaurants. We really enjoyed our stay and wouldn't even think of staying anywhere else in Yuma!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank GoldenLoverinAB
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed March 21, 2011

I stay in a lot of HIlton properties, and tend to book Homewood Suites due to the larger rooms, full size refrigerators, and essentially comfortable living areas that make me feel like i'm staying in a small apartment versus a boxy hotel room.
I had a recent one-night wknd hotel stay here -- the staff was professional and extremely welcoming.
No concerns or issues at all during my stay.
Like another reviewer had noted, this hotel is directly across the street from the Yuma Palms shopping center area.
Convenient access off the freeway, however a bit off from the freeway -- so there was ZERO freeway noise. Nice, quiet sleep.
I don't expect much from complimentary hotel breakfasts -- I always get the same thing, just scrambled eggs and coffee. The eggs were fine, and the food area was well serviced. Also I liked that the breakfast area wasn't as crazy on the wknds as other HS's that I've stayed in. (That was nice.)
I needed to print 2 documents and the hotel staff was very accomodating.
Oh, and I liked the pool and BBQ area - - even though I didn't use it.
The gym was great -- large! And I was the only one in there.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
2 Thank theworldtravelista
Gulf Islands, BC
Reviewed March 9, 2011

Suites were a little smaller than what we've seen at other Homewood Suites but still very sufficient. Very clean and well stocked. Location across the street from Yuma's largest shopping complex was a complete bonus. Very easy access to all major routes and amenities.
Our only complaint was the breakfasts were hit and miss. Cisco was very helpful on the days we were there. Several days they were missing things like peanut butter and yogurt as someone did not do the ordering. The bonus was the free dinners Mon - Thurs. even though the food was just ok, it was still great value and much appreciated for those of us watching our pennies.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
GeneralManager780, General Manager at Homewood Suites Yuma, responded to this review, March 11, 2011
Thank you very much for the kind words as we truly do appreciate any and all feedback. We are glad that you enjoyed our spacious suites and all the amenities offered in the room.

Guests love our location and being conveniently located across the street from the Yuma Palms Shopping Mall, Yuma Proving Grounds, Marine Corps Air Station and 5 minutes from the Yuma International airport.

On the subject of breakfast, our hotel does it's best to keep all items stocked and readily available for all guests, our apologies for not being able to find a particular item. Boxed items are usually shipped and fresh items are bought in bulk at our local businesses.

Dinner is always cooked hot and ready by our friendly staff from 5:30 - 7:30 p.m. Monday through Thursday and our guests love the variety of items offered as well as the time, convenience and money it saves them.

We look forward to your next visit and hope to always make your stays at the Homewood Suites by Hilton Yuma a "10"!

Lorraine Cruz
Edinburg, Virginia
Reviewed December 13, 2010

Just spent nine nights and thoroughly enjoyed this hotel and its staff. The room was roomy and just a nice place overall. Very clean and well appointed hotel with a decent breakfast. They have a welcome dinner each night from Monday-Thursday. They even serve free beer and wine with the free food. I would stay here again.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled on business
3 Thank Bigfoot424
GeneralManager780, General Manager at Homewood Suites Yuma, responded to this review, December 15, 2010
Thank you very much for the kind words, our team truly appreciates the Kudos! At the Homewood Suites Yuma we have been working very hard to make sure everyone is pleased with their stays!
Kind Regards,