“Comfortable stay, great service, and good sleep”

Homewood Suites Yuma
Ranked #5 of 33 Hotels in Yuma
Reviewed March 21, 2011

I stay in a lot of HIlton properties, and tend to book Homewood Suites due to the larger rooms, full size refrigerators, and essentially comfortable living areas that make me feel like i'm staying in a small apartment versus a boxy hotel room.
I had a recent one-night wknd hotel stay here -- the staff was professional and extremely welcoming.
No concerns or issues at all during my stay.
Like another reviewer had noted, this hotel is directly across the street from the Yuma Palms shopping center area.
Convenient access off the freeway, however a bit off from the freeway -- so there was ZERO freeway noise. Nice, quiet sleep.
I don't expect much from complimentary hotel breakfasts -- I always get the same thing, just scrambled eggs and coffee. The eggs were fine, and the food area was well serviced. Also I liked that the breakfast area wasn't as crazy on the wknds as other HS's that I've stayed in. (That was nice.)
I needed to print 2 documents and the hotel staff was very accomodating.
Oh, and I liked the pool and BBQ area - - even though I didn't use it.
The gym was great -- large! And I was the only one in there.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank theworldtravelista

Reviewed March 9, 2011

Suites were a little smaller than what we've seen at other Homewood Suites but still very sufficient. Very clean and well stocked. Location across the street from Yuma's largest shopping complex was a complete bonus. Very easy access to all major routes and amenities.
Our only complaint was the breakfasts were hit and miss. Cisco was very helpful on the days we were there. Several days they were missing things like peanut butter and yogurt as someone did not do the ordering. The bonus was the free dinners Mon - Thurs. even though the food was just ok, it was still great value and much appreciated for those of us watching our pennies.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple
GeneralManager780, General Manager at Homewood Suites Yuma, responded to this reviewResponded March 11, 2011

Thank you very much for the kind words as we truly do appreciate any and all feedback. We are glad that you enjoyed our spacious suites and all the amenities offered in the room.

Guests love our location and being conveniently located across the street from the Yuma Palms Shopping Mall, Yuma Proving Grounds, Marine Corps Air Station and 5 minutes from the Yuma International airport.

On the subject of breakfast, our hotel does it's best to keep all items stocked and readily available for all guests, our apologies for not being able to find a particular item. Boxed items are usually shipped and fresh items are bought in bulk at our local businesses.

Dinner is always cooked hot and ready by our friendly staff from 5:30 - 7:30 p.m. Monday through Thursday and our guests love the variety of items offered as well as the time, convenience and money it saves them.

We look forward to your next visit and hope to always make your stays at the Homewood Suites by Hilton Yuma a "10"!

Lorraine Cruz

Reviewed December 13, 2010

Just spent nine nights and thoroughly enjoyed this hotel and its staff. The room was roomy and just a nice place overall. Very clean and well appointed hotel with a decent breakfast. They have a welcome dinner each night from Monday-Thursday. They even serve free beer and wine with the free food. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled on business
3  Thank Bigfoot424
GeneralManager780, General Manager at Homewood Suites Yuma, responded to this reviewResponded December 15, 2010

Thank you very much for the kind words, our team truly appreciates the Kudos! At the Homewood Suites Yuma we have been working very hard to make sure everyone is pleased with their stays!
Kind Regards,
Lorraine Cruz

Reviewed August 20, 2010

I stayed at the Homewood in Yuma this time because of a special off-season promotion the hotel was doing, so I got a very good room rate. I normally stay at the Hampton, but I tried this one to see what it's like. There's nothing the matter with it, it's an excellent place to stay and the room was spacious and comfortable. The staff were very friendly, and they had a very good breakfast each morning. The internet speed was poor, only about 400kbps, which, while it is usable, is just too slow for my needs. It was both wired (which I used) and wifi (which I didn't, because of weak signal strength). The TV (two of them in the suite!) had a lot of good channels, including four HBOs and at least eight sports channels, so if you like movies and sports, this has to be your place.
There are some casinos in the Yuma area, and lots of shopping and dining at the Yuma Palms which is within walking distance.
While this is a great place and I highly recommend it, I think I'll stay at the Hampton again next time though.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled solo
Reviewed June 27, 2010

My family and I (we have two small boys) travel often and this hotel was fantastic. It is very new and updated and the hotel is spotless. We stayed here for almost 2 weeks and this hotel offers so much for the price. There is a nice outdoor pool, a great breakfast every day - and this isn't just a continental breakfast... there are hot items rotated like sausage and eggs - AND DINNER is served four nights a week (at least it was when we stayed). You really can't beat it. Once you are in the room housekeeping comes daily to replenish towels and sheets when necessary. There is a full-size refrigerator, stove-top and dishwasher with plenty of dishes/etc. available for the days you have to cook. They aren't the best for cleaning if you are there long-term, but I'm sure if I asked for them to tend to something they definitely would. The people who work here go absolutely above and beyond what you see at any other hotel. The hotel is located across the street from a beautiful outdoor shopping mall which offers lots of restaurants. They also offer free Internet. I highly recommend this place.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with family
2  Thank lovingmyboys
Reviewed May 25, 2010

This hotel was very nice and the rooms were incredibily clean upon check in. Unfortunately about two weeks into my 1 month stay, dust started building up on the tv, night stand, telephone, etc. Dust balls also began to build in the bathroom area which were very visible andwere not swept up for several days. Also could not count on getting clean kitchen towels regularly. All employees were very friendly but I was very disappointed in the upkeep of the room. I would stay here again but not for any longer than two weeks at a time.

GeneralManager780, General Manager at Homewood Suites Yuma, responded to this reviewResponded August 16, 2010

Thank you for taking the time to give your comments on TripAdvisor, we truly appreciate your comments and compliments. On the issue of excessive dust in the rooms, I have addressed this issue with our housekeeping staff and we are working hard to make sure that all rooms are throughly dusted and inspected daily. We hope that when your travel plans bring you to Yuma, that you keep the Homewood Suites by Hilton in mind.

Reviewed February 18, 2010

Whilst visiting family in the area we stayed here, having separate bedroom/living room areas is great when traveling with children! Nice size bathroom, and kitchenette. The only complaint is the small choice of breakfast food. I have picky eaters, and generaly bring there breakfast food along with us, but even for those not so fussy the choice was limited. Great hotel location - but no room service! Nice pool area, but the hot tub jets shot out super hot water hard (so hard that it strung). We will probably use this hotel next time we come to visit family.

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled with family