Tripadvisor

Review of Black Bear Diner

Black Bear Diner
Order Online
Ranked #23 of 297 Restaurants in Yuma
Description: Black Bear Diner, founded in 1995, is a fast-growing, community-oriented, family dining concept that offers a one-of-a-kind experience in a fun, bear-themed atmosphere. Black Bear Diner was born from a desire to bring home-style comfort food classics and personal service back to the dining experience. The brand is strategically growing its national footprint, with a goal of 100 locations by 2018.
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Ordered BBQ Brisket, it was good and came with nice sized side salad. Waitress, who did not introduce herself, was efficent, but not as friendly as promised on the place mat. I will go again.

Date of visit: January 2020
Write a reviewReviews (121)

Reviewed January 13, 2020

Tyron was a very good server but there were several issues with the food. I ordered a Taco Salad and my wife ordered the Salmon. Yes, I know it is Yuma, but the salmon came out white like cod. But it was salmon, except the only two salmon that are white after being cooking are Chum (dog) salmon and Atlantic farm Salmon that aren't dyed. Tyron did mess up by serving my wife's salad first and then serving my taco salad as he served her the salmon. The Taco Salad was different. The shell was like fry bread vs. taco shell. The re fried beans were in a stack on one side of the shell, and the cheese and beef in different long places. Nothing was mixed together.

Reviewed January 8, 2020 via mobile

We had dinner on a Tuesday evening. Thought they weren’t busy they couldn’t seem to decide where we could sit. Took the server a while to get to our table. 2 in the group ordered chicken pot pies but were told they were sold out & it would be 20 minutes. It was only 6PM so thought. It was odd to be sold out. Fried chicken was greasy. Turkey sandwich was very good but I didn’t remember it having been so spicy. The other 3 were eating several minutes before my turkey sandwich even came out. Hope tonight was just an off night.

Reviewed January 7, 2020 via mobile

We had the fish & chips. It actually comes with lots of French fries not chips & the best coleslaw I’ve ever had. You get 3 large fish fillets that are very good too. The service was excellent.

Reviewed December 27, 2019 via mobile

We went on Christmas, yes... I know. We were bad people... dues to personal reasons we were unable to prepare food at home, and since they were open we decided to eat here. By the time we went, our server, who finally greeted us about 40 minutes after being seated, had 2 tables. Just 2... we were a party of 6, but a very laid back party of 6. Long story short, 1 hour and 20 minute wait after being seated to just get our food. 2 meals were prepared incorrectly, 2 meals never got their entire meal, drinks were empty most of the time, 1 meal came about 30 minutes after the rest, only 5 ordered meals as 1 was a child and was sharing off of the 1 that actually never even got to eat. I will try again to see if this was just a fluke, but based off of this visit, I wouldn’t recommend it. I will update next time.

Date of visit: December 2019

Been to Black Bear Diner? Share your experiences!