“Pleasantly Surprised”

Martinez Lake Resort
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Yuma
Martinez Lake Resort
Ranked #13 of 29 Specialty Lodging in Yuma
SAN DIEGO, CA
Reviewed September 3, 2003

The resort is not 5 star but when we stayed in the trailers they were kinda run down but very clean. The trailers are large with full kitchens. The air conditioners kept the trailer very cool..The restaurant is really good...The food is very reasonable in price and tasty....AND I MUST SAY THAT I DID NOT SEE ONE BUG OF ANY KIND...Prior to going to the lake I read the reviews and I was very concerned....BUT I was happy to see that our accommodations were OK....I would recommend the resort to all families but you must understand that it is not new or flashy......

8  Thank A TripAdvisor Member

s.d., ca
Reviewed August 23, 2003

The term "Resort" isn't the best discription, Motel Maybe? But we had a great time. It is definatly a "Party Place". The bar had a really good local band. It took a little standing in line for a drink but there were a "gazillion" people around. The Prime Rib from the restruant was excellant, about the best I've had for the price. For the good time that we had, and the friendly staff, it was worth staying in a less then par room. Shoot we only used it for a shower and a bed anyway.

1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed August 4, 2003

I would not call it a "resort". Stay away from the trailors...the houses for rent aren't tooooooo bad. Bring a can of "RAID". The river is awesome.

5  Thank Tracyborn
San Diego, CA
Reviewed June 3, 2003

The lake itself is fabulous, but stay away from the so called "resort." We paid $100 for the worst Sunday night EVER. We extended our trip at the last minute and thought that a night on the lake would be a great way to end it. We were sooooo wrong! We had a dirty bathroom with a shower barely big enough for an adult. Two creaky and uncomfortable full beds. A nightstand with a lamp that was crusted with the carcases of dead bugs. What looked like a folding card table. A little fridge that didn't keep anything cold. And a noisy, barely functioning AC unit that didn't do the trick in the 85 degree nighttime weather. It was a complete joke! And the Cantina restaurant is a big stinky bar with bowling alley quality food, yuck! Drive the extra 15 minutes to civilization!

11  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
San Diego, CA
Reviewed April 8, 2003

My family has been going to this part of the river for two generations and let me tell you...Martinez Lake is far from a resort. It's a store/restraunt with some "bungalo" rooms. I had some friends stay in one of the so called rooms and it was the most horrible conditions I have ever seen. I guess if you were someone who didn't care about cleenliness or sleeping with insects it would be okay. The beds had to be pulled away from the walls so the roaches wouldn't crawl on to the bed. The door and window had to be sealed with towels to keep what ever insects that were left outside from getting inside. A case of bug spray would be the way to go here. I would have had a better time sleeping in a tent or in my car. My best way of explaining Martinez Lake is think of college kids taking over. It's loud, it's dirty(in more ways than one), and it's far from being a "resort"! I am greatfull to have place of my own in the area.

26  Thank A TripAdvisor Member