“the only hotel in Yuma i'll ever stay at again”

Shilo Inn & Suites - Yuma
Ranked #8 of 33 Hotels in Yuma
Reviewed November 18, 2010

I have stayed at several hotels in Yuma, AZ--some more upscale, some cheaper. The Shiloh Inn is hands down the most hotel for the money you will find in the area--but even if you have the cash to stay at somewhere more expensive, you should try the Shiloh Inn first.

The customer service I've enjoyed (over several stays, spanning several months) is awesome. If I call the front desk for something (like towels), they are delivered immediately. The clerks are always smiling and have given me good prices on excellent rooms--always accommodating my requests (like a room on the top floor, a view of the pool). The rooms themselves could not be cleaner--and the housekeeping staff has excellent customer service as well. Every employee I've met seemed genuinely grateful for my business.

The hotel is located in one of the best spots in Yuma--minutes from "downtown," next to the movie theater, retail stores, and within walking distance of the nicer restaurants in Yuma.

The rooms themselves are well furnished with a nice office chair for work, a balcony for smokers, and (usually) an HDTV. And I cannot say enough good things about the beds--some of the best I've ever slept on, which is nice because I usually have difficulty sleeping.

The customer service is truly special and reflects great credit on the management of this hotel. The value is outstanding.

I realize this review is overwhelmingly positive--so were my experiences at this hotel. Be sure to ask for their free Star Rewards program--I missed out on some points because I was in a rush.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled on business

Reviewed November 15, 2010

We stayed for two nights last weekend on a pleasure trip to Yuma. We were very pleased with the room we had, overlooking the pool. The room was spacious and clean and furnished with a king bed, a fridge, and a microwave. The amenities were of good quality and the in-room coffee was good. The breakfast was so-so but there were plenty of choices with three (sugary) cereals, oatmeal packets, frozen breakfast burritos to microwave, breakfast muffin sandwiches, bagels, muffins, hard boiled eggs, etc. The coffee at breakfast was good. The pool was really big and very good, with a nice lounge area for lying in the Yuma sun. The only down side we found was that the halls smelled musty. My husband thought that was something they used to clean. The room did not smell bad. We found the people who worked in the hotel, from the front desk staff to the maintenance people were very friendly and took pride in working at the Shilo Inn. It was a lovely change to have the maintenance man ask me as I was walking down the hall and he was entering the elevator, was I going up? We were happy enough that we decided to stay another night later this week on our return trip. We'd stay there again, for sure.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 23, 2010

We stay at the Shilo one night. The staff were very friendly. The rooms were very nice. Great pool, restaurants and shopping within walking distance. It is nice to go somewhere where everyone has a smile on their face. Thanks, Shilo Inn, for a great night's sleep!

• Stayed: October 2010
SheriDoney, General Manager at Shilo Inn & Suites - Yuma, responded to this reviewResponded October 27, 2010

We are so pleased to hear about your awesome experience at our hotel, and look forward to having you stay with us again anytime you are in the Yuma area.

Reviewed October 21, 2010

I have stayed in rooms opposite sides of building. If I remember right the rooms overlooking the pool are better. Not sure if they're upgrading little by little but there is a musty smell as mentioned in other reviews but its not that bad and i think its just carpet which is an easy fix. i thought it was pretty clean in the room and in the lobby. those who complained about the free continental breakfast, in my opinion a continental breakfast that is free and offers: canned juices, boyds coffee (not bad flavor), cold cereal, oatmeal, fruit, danishes, bagels, english muffins, ready made breakfast burritos and sandwiches is a lot more than some places I've been. If your going to complain about it then go buy your food! More for me! Flat screen tv in my room and had HBO at the least, maybe more but I had to sleep. The bed was awesome and the pillows too. This is where I will stay when Im in Yuma.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled on business

Thank you for taking the time to write your wonderful review. We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay at our hotel. Our dedicated team of professionals strives for the best service that we can offer and it is most rewarding to pass along the kind of recognition that your review brings. On behalf of our entire staff, we appreciate your patronage and look forward to welcoming you back to the Yuma Shilo Inn again soon.

Reviewed August 7, 2010

This hotel is overpriced, it is old, run down and it smells. First we got a room with a very depressing vieuw, after a compaint it was changed to a room with pool vieuw. The staff was nice and very friendly, but the new room had a bed from hell. our kids were already sleeping, so we did not want to switch rooms again. This second room should not have been offered to guests anyway. The free breakfast looked stale and old and is served in a very depressing place, we passed on that one and head reakfast outside the hotel. Never ever again!

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
SheriDoney, General Manager at Shilo Inn & Suites - Yuma, responded to this reviewResponded August 11, 2010

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts about your recent visit to the Shilo Inn Yuma. I was pleased to read your comments regarding our staff and our pool, however was very disappointed to read you did not enjoy your visit as much as you had anticipated. We constantly strive to provide our guests with clean, comfortable and affordable accommodations and will continue to make improvements and upgrades to our property. I would be happy to assist in arrangements for your future accommodations at the Shilo Inn Yuma so you could enjoy our beautifully landscaped grounds, large outdoor pool and clean, spacious guestrooms. I certainly hope you will provide us another opportunity and thank you for taking the time to let us know your concerns.

Reviewed June 17, 2010

had a great stay, front desk was great, helped with all my needs, hotel was clean, maids did a great job cleaning my room.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled solo
SheriDoney, General Manager at Shilo Inn & Suites - Yuma, responded to this reviewResponded June 25, 2010

We are always so pleased to know we have provided our guests with “Shilo Inns Affordable Excellence”, and I sincerely Thank you for taking the time to let us know how much you enjoyed your visit to the Shilo Inn Yuma. We look forward to having you as our guest again in the future.

Reviewed June 16, 2010

This hotel is outdated, it smells musty, and the free breakfast is limited. I stayed here for one night and I was shocked at how badly this place needs repairs. Also, the food at the free breakfast looked old and stale. The staff was really nice and helpful, which is the only saving grace for this place.

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your recent visit to the Shilo Inn Yuma. I was very pleased to read your comments regarding our staff, however was very disappointed to read you did not enjoy your visit as much as you had anticipated. We constantly strive to provide our guests with clean, comfortable and affordable accommodations and will continue to make improvements and upgrades to our property. I would be happy to assist in arrangements for your future accommodations at the Shilo Inn Yuma so you could enjoy our beautifully landscaped grounds, large outdoor pool and clean, spacious guestrooms. I certainly hope you will provide us another opportunity and thank you for taking the time to let us know your concerns.