Stagecoach Trails guest ranch is a beautiful and quiet getaway. The family who built it, obviously put a lot of thought and care into it, and it is a comfortable, welcoming place. You can be a social as you want, participate in the small events in the evenings (like card games, horseshoe pitching), or just enjoy a glass of wine with your loved one on the patio.
The rooms are large and comfortable. There is no housekeeping during your stay (at least not for only four nights), but you can of course exchange your towels for new ones if you like. As others have mentioned, don't expect luxury, but good quality and innkeepers that truly care that you have an enjoyable stay. Bob the cook is great about catering to special dietary requests.
This is the fourth guest ranch we have stayed on, and we both think that the horseback riding at Stagecoach Trails is the best we have experienced so far. The wranglers take out small groups of guests on rides that are suitable for the riding experience in each group. If there are only two absolute beginners, then those two get their own group - or at least they did during our visit. We only get to ride very occasionally, so we were feeling a bit rusty at the start. Tex was great at getting us into it again and we soon felt comfortable on the loping rides. They do the loping parts of the rides in dry, sandy creeks.
Our stay was in mid-May, and the weather was too hot for the longer rides, except one afternoon when it cooled off enough to do a beautiful two hour ride. We would like to return during the cooler season to have a chance for more of the longer rides.
The only thing we missed was a guest laundry. There is a lot of trail dust and a loping ride is quite a workout for the rider too. After staying four nights, we really needed to do a batch of laundry. Washing jeans by hand is not convenient.
Make sure you fill up your gas tank before you head for the ranch. It is in a remote location and the gas station in nearby Yucca is closed.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Stagecoach Trails is centrally located in NW Arizona just 2 hours south of Las Vegas and 3 hours west of The Grand Canyon south rim. We offer overnight packages that include room, home-cooked meals, daily horseback riding, and the use of all the ranches amenities. We have a heated swimming pool and hot-tub, western lodge with billiards table and fireplace, horseshoe pits, wagon rides, ping-pong, campfires, archery, fat tire mountain bikes, petting zoo and more. Come see the Wild West the way it was, the way it is now. Located in the middle of the Mohave Desert at the foot of 3 mountain ranges, Stagecoach Trails Guest Ranch is a wilderness paradise. One of the few places on earth were you can see the Milky Way at night. See ya at the ranch! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotwire, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, Agoda and Hotel.de so you can book your Stagecoach Trails Guest Ranch reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Stagecoach Trails Guest Ranch Hotel Yucca
- Stagecoach Trails Guest Ranch Arizona/Yucca