Everyone says the same things, and they are all right. Dan and Carrie make you feel at home immediately.
Room - very spacious, with excellent aircon (needed in August!). Furnishings simple, comfortable and very clean. Note that rooms are not serviced daily, but clean towels etc are available whenever you need them.
Food - good home cooking. We had BBQ pork, stuffed peppers and chicken while we were there, all very good. Excellent breakfast and lunch too. Coffee, cold soft drinks and water free and available all day.
Pool - great pool and hot tub.
Riding experience - wonderful! In August they plan short rides early morning and in the evening as it's too hot during the day. We were three riders with experience ranging from almost nil (and nervous having fallen off on a previous ride) to some experience, and we were all given the right horse and ended up loping and really enjoying the rides thanks to the excellent wranglers guiding the rides. Other very experienced riders at the ranch had a great time riding too. They take great care to make sure everyone gets the right program of rides and the right horse.
Welcome - totally genuine. Great family atmosphere in the evening.
Make sure you get STGR's very clear instructions to reach the ranch (they will send them but if not booking direct make sure you visit their website to get directions - satnav will get you badly lost! Allow time, it's about 30 mins from the junction with I-40.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Stagecoach Trails is centrally located in NW Arizona just 2 hours south of Las Vegas and 3 hours west of The Grand Canyon south rim. We offer overnight packages that include room, home-cooked meals, daily horseback riding, and the use of all the ranches amenities. We have a heated swimming pool and hot-tub, western lodge with billiards table and fireplace, horseshoe pits, wagon rides, ping-pong, campfires, archery, fat tire mountain bikes, petting zoo and more. Come see the Wild West the way it was, the way it is now. Located in the middle of the Mohave Desert at the foot of 3 mountain ranges, Stagecoach Trails Guest Ranch is a wilderness paradise. One of the few places on earth were you can see the Milky Way at night. See ya at the ranch! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Expedia and Hotwire so you can book your Stagecoach Trails Guest Ranch reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Stagecoach Trails Guest Ranch Hotel Yucca
- Stagecoach Trails Guest Ranch Arizona/Yucca