Stagecoach Trails Guest Ranch
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Havasu Inn(Lake Havasu City)
Good 3.5/5
Sands-On-The-Fairway Inn(Lake Havasu City)
Good 3.5/5
Economy Inn(Lake Havasu City)
Average 3/5
Royal Inn(Lake Havasu City)
View Hotel
Travelers Inn(Lake Havasu City)
Average 3/5
Very Good 4/5
Days Inn Lake Havasu(Lake Havasu City)
Good 3.5/5
Lake Havasu Travelodge(Lake Havasu City)
Very Good 4/5
All reviewsother guestshorseback ridingexperienced ridersline dancingstage coachperfect family vacationarizona desertlittle piece of paradisemeal timesspecial thanksdesert scenerymorning and eveningwagon ridehot tubthe main lodgespent four nightsping pong
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 12, 2011

We recently stayed on this Ranch as part of a 9 week trip across America, and I can honestly say it was one of the highlights of the whole trip for all of us. We are a family of 4 with two boys aged 11 and 8. I choose this Ranch partly because of the location but also because it catered for rider of all abilities. We all loved it. The riding was excellent, going out morning and evening to avoid the heat of the day. We were quickly progressed from walking to trotting and cantering, but with an experienced wrangler who was able to judge the boys abilities. The accommodation and food were all excellent, and the family running the ranch were all so kind and helpful. We really were sad to leave. I guess the only thing worth noting is that it is well off the beaten track, we loved that, but it may not suit everybody. Highly recommend to all would be Cowboys.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed August 27, 2011

If your heading to stagecoach guest ranch we are so jealous!!! This was by far the best holiday We have ever experienced. Its the one location I would return to again.
We arrived just in time for dinner after a 2 hr drive from las Vegas ( which was in itself a great journey ) and were made to feel immediately welcome.
The food is amazing all home cooked.
Do not worry if you have never even been on a horse before you will love it the wranglers are great and even if you just go out on the walks the scenery on horseback is breathtaking.
My partner had very little riding experience but by day 3 was cantering through the desert washes.
Lovely pool area with hot tub to sooth any aches, some days we had the pool to ourselves.
Luckily we had a car and managed to head along route 66 from kingman, which has a route 66 museum , and travelled along route 66 to oatman which is an original mining town feels like you have stepped back in time. The scenery on the way is superb and we lost count of the amount of Harley davidsons that passed us.

For extra cost the ranch staff can get in a massage therapist - well worth the money though.
And you can also pay extra and head out on quad bikes into the desert and the old gold
mines.

You will not be disappointed if your heading here. We made some great friends who we have kept in touch with and can't wait to go back.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Kabaz
Reviewed August 4, 2011

Every year my wife and I take our kids (4 & 9)up and down California, hanging out at the beach and spending days at all the various theme parks. This year we decided to switch it up a bit. We found STGR online by chance and thought that this sounded like a nice change of pace. Although we are Arizonans, our kids haven't experienced a lot of what some would consider "the old west". Our biggest fear going into the trip was that our 9 year old would be bored, "stuck" on a ranch for his birthday. Nothing could be further from the truth. The boys loved the trail rides, games and staff (which made us all feel part of the family) and my wife and I had more than enough time to unwind and soak in the sunsets and sights. It was a "no TV, no video game" weekend and our kids did not complain about it once. We had not experienced such quality family time up to this point and that is something that will always be remembered by each of us. Thanks to Carrie, Dan , Julie, Salina, Ellen, Tony, Craig and all the staff and beautiful horses. You guys have such an awesome family retreat and couldn't operate it any better!! We will absolutely be back. See you soon.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank FilipFamily
Reviewed August 3, 2011

~We actually visited several years ago. Recommended stay time is several days to a week.~ I took my daughter and granddaughter to Stagecoach Trails Guest Ranch and long to go back. I always have to research places to go where my daughter, who depends upon using a wheelchair, can go and have as much fun as the rest of family. I searched for Dude Ranches without luck until I found Stagecoach Trails Guest Ranch. While building it to accommodate everyone from all walks of life…and all countries, the owners, Carrie and Dan made sure that anyone with a physical disability had complete access to everything. If a guest happens to have any special needs, they will make sure their stay is just as memorable and fun as anyone else. They got my daughter up on a horse and took her for her own trail rides surrounded by the owner and other staff. Which of course to my daughters delight included a handsome cowboy. Everyone is matched up with their own horse according to their capabilities and experience. You can go on a galloping ride or a nice gentle ride through the terrain and you get two rides a day. There’s a nice pool to cool off in. We were there in August and it was very hot. You go there not knowing anyone and leave feeling like you have a new family. You’ll meet people from other countries. We met a wonderful young lady from Germany, Doerta. She was very sweet and made good friends with my daughter spending extra time with her. When you’re at this ranch, it is so far out you don’t hear or see anything for many miles, just maybe a few critters. What is a ranch without that. Oh yes…the food is wonderful and they will accommodate you on that too if you have special dietary needs.

Some nearby attractions are:

OATMAN Ghost Town…shops, restaurants and donkeys still roam the streets. Oatman was named after Olive Oatman who was captured by the Indians, sold to another tribe who gave her the tribal custom tattoo on her face. She was later released.

LONDON BRIDGE Lake Havasu City
Old Route 66
Hoover Dam
Laughhin, NV with nice Casinos and Riverboat rides

1  Thank Wuncent
Reviewed August 2, 2011

The location of this place is definitely off the beaten path - it is far off the freeway but not so far that you wouldn't make the trek. We pulled up to the office, which was a lovely big building that housed the games room. There was a pool table, card table, magazines and a big book selection. The room we stayed in was lovely, had exactly what we needed especially the A/C (since we picked a hot humid weekend to visit!). Double bed, futon couch, big bathroom with a tub if you wanted it. We were there Friday afternoon to Sunday morning and got 3 horse rides, we got a kick out of Craig leading our group because he's funny. We were asked what kind of riding we wanted to do each time and progressed from walking, to walking/trot, to walking/lope! It was good fun even with the heat. The pool was nice and cool, the other 20 or so guests were mostly European which made for a nice treat for us. They were also mostly families although we left our daughter at home! They served the meals buffet style but good, hearty meals - we were never hungry - but we did bring our own snacks and drinks - we didn't really need them.
If you did want to bring extra stuff, there are a couple truck stops at exit 9 that are as close as you will get. I recommend stopping BEFORE you drive out. I highly recommend this place if you are looking for something different - we plan on going again when our girl gets a bit older and the weather is a little cooler!

Room Tip: No noisy rooms, there are only about 10-12 total, all on one story. You don't hear anyone. It's very peaceful.
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple