“Wow what a holiday I had”

Stagecoach Trails Guest Ranch
isle of wight
“Wow what a holiday I had”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 12, 2011

Well this was our 7th trip to Stagecoach Trails Guest Ranch which in it's self tells a story. This one of the best holidays we have ever had
The accomadation is very comfortable always clean
The food is out of this world I put on 15lbs in 16 days while there you just can not resist going for 2nd helpings
The moto of the ranch is "You come as guest and leave as family" is so true we have got to know Carrie Dan & family and all the wranglers and we think of them now as friends
The horses are well cared for and you get some great rides form just walking to a 4 hour lunch ride into the mountains which has some spectacular views my camera works overtime when I am here
The pool and hot tub area is great for relaxing and getting a sun tan
Once bitten by this venue you will want to return time after time as we have
You can always get married here or renew your wedding vows as we did then there couldn't be a better setting
So if you want great riding, fantastic food , relaxation this is a great place to get it
We will be returning again so maybe we will meet up
Thanks for great holidays Stagecoach Trail Guest Ranch
Tony & Joanne from England

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank anthonywoodford

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Pewaukee, Wisconsin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 30, 2011

My daughter (13), honorary grandmother, and I had an awesome 3 day, 2 night stay at the Stagecoach Trails Guest Ranch. We had a spacious homey 2 double bed room, with a large bathroom. The meals provided for breakfast, lunch and dinner were Outstanding and served in a family friendly dining room, buffet style. My daughter had freedom to roam around the ranch. I was very fearful of riding and the wranglers were wonderful as were the horses. Great place for families and very accessible for those with disabilities. Would be a wonderful place for families to meet, ride, swim and visit! The Rynders family have created a place where you can have great family time and lots of fun and laughs, far from your busy lives! We will go back!

1 Thank Les_Allie
Reading, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 24, 2011

If you have read previous reports you may have seen our report from last year...we are the family who got stuck in the USA during the Volcanic Ash Cloud in April 2010...and were lucky enough to end up staying at STGR for over 2 weeks.

Before we left last year we booked for 2011 and the kids set a countdown timer on iGoogle to help count the days until our return. Our kids rated our stay at STGR far higher than the previous year in Orlando so I guess we have seen the last of Florida....

I must admit that I was a little nervous as we bumped along the dirt track on the last few miles to the ranch, as the circumstances in 2011 made it an truly unforgettable vacation that was going to be hard to beat. I need not have worried...the minute we got out of the car we were greeted by Opey and Tucks, 2 of the resident dogs, soon to be followed by a warm welcoming hug Carrie and we knew we had come "home".

As always the food was fabulous (thanks Tony and Vicky) and we were really pleased to be reunited with wrangler Dwayne who led us on many rides in 2010. Dwayne took a lot of time to help the kids improve their riding and even took us all on a lunch ride into the mountains which was awesome (especially the never-ending lope!)

It was great to see wrangler Craig again and meet a new wrangler, Jesse. And we were thrilled to be reunited with many other guests we met in 2010 - a big hello to Peter, Sue, Geoff, Julie, Ethan, Nicole, Kathy, Salina, Tony, Joanne, Henry, Gloria, Heather and little Evan.

We also met some great new friends - hello Lee, Karen, Ronnie, Billy, Andy, Manya, Danielle and Tasha - we hope to see you all at the ranch again some day!

It was great to be back in a place where there are no locks on the doors and where the kids have the freedom to play in the lodge or visit the goats without constant parental supervision.

If you are looking for a relaxing yet adventurous break away from the crowds, in a place that feels like home (but with better food, a hot-tub and great horseback riding!) then this is the place for you. We cannot recommend it highly enough and our kids would never have spoken to us again if we hadn't booked for 2012 before we left! We are already counting the days...!

2 Thank ClaireG42
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 18, 2011

As an Army wife with a deployed husband I started looking around for a place that I would feel comfortable traveling to alone for me to relax and reset before I saw my husband on R&R. I found stagecoach ranch online, and after reading reviews decided to give them a shot.
From the time you call to book you are treated like family. I arrived after flying to Vegas and renting a car, and it was love at first sight. I must admit I was at first worried about it being a hokey "dude" ranch, but all apprehensions were dismissed upon arrival. As a relatively experienced rider, I was more than pleased with the quality of horses, pace of rides, and experience of the wranglers.
And then the food!!! Tony and his wife Vicki work very hard to deliver 3 fantastic meals a day. I was never disappointed, and you can choose whatever portions you like due to the buffet style ( I couldnt resist seconds!) I made friends immediately, never having to eat or hang out alone unless I wanted too.
I loved the ranch so much that my husband came in from Iraq and I took him down there for 5 days. He loved it as much as I did!! I should also mention that the military discount is incredible. The owners, Carrie and Dan, were very patriotic, and made sure that we felt extra special while we were there.
Bring yourself, bring a friend, bring your family, just make sure to make a reservation early as they are a small ranch promising a very catered to experience that you will not receive anywhere else!!

• Stayed April 2011
2 Thank FullThrottle23
Austin, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 10, 2011

We enjoyed every minute we spent on the ranch, from the gorgeous scenery, the horse rides, delicious food to the super-friendly owner family and staff who go out of their way to please you.
The setting is perfect. The ranch is secluded and surrounded by miles of trails with great views of mountain ranges. We flew into Las Vegas and drove there. It took only 2h30.
The 2 daily rides were extremely well organized and the wranglers were very friendly. They take small groups out walking, trotting or loping.
Three delicious home-cooked meals are served daily buffet-style. It's a great time to mingle with the wranglers and other families. Our 2 daughters made friends with other kids right away and ended up eating their meals at the "kids table". Bring your own beer or wine as alcohol is not sold on the ranch.
When not riding we went to the pool & hot tub to relax or shot some pool in the lounge. Our kids loved karaoke and game nights.
Many guest were returning, some come twice a year.
The hardest part was leaving the place where we had so much fun and made so many friends. We'll definitely be back.

1 Thank travel2dive
Groton, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 26, 2011

Ever had a perfect vacation? I just did. I was paired up with a fabulous horse the whole time. (I won't tell you his name since I want to save him for the next time I go to the ranch.) And the riding is splendid -- plenty of loping if you're experienced -- and instead of being stuck at the dusty end of a line of 20 horses, I went out on rides with as few as 3 people (including the wrangler). Beginners had a good time too! Everyone at the ranch is super nice, and it's a great place to relax. Down to earth and just like home. I can't say enough good things about Stagecoach Trails. I'm recommending it to all my friends!

• Stayed March 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank 1Englishteacher
GRAND BLANC
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 28, 2011

i had to travel alone due to my friend not getting the time off after the plans were made. the ranch made me feel like family, being alone was not a problem,the grest were very friendly,the staff was priceless,the wranglers were fantastic,the food was heaven,my room was very clean & very nice.the place was so relaxing & so accomodating you could not help but feel like family.i spent four days there & wished it was more.i enjoyed the the riding & had a blast on my quad ride. the memories that was made there are priceless.i visted lk.havasu & oatmen had a great time at both places, if you have children i would vist oatmen fosure i so enjoyed this vist. i will come back , this would be a great place for our girl trip . thanks to everyone there ,& my new friends i made in my short stay.a special thanks to shadow my home away from home friend .sincerly kelly

• Stayed February 2011, traveled solo
2 Thank kjc1962
Also consider these accommodations in or near Yucca
Heat Hotel
Hampton Inn Lake Havasu City
Hampton Inn Lake Havasu City
#2 of 24 in Lake Havasu City
Hidden Palms Resort & Condominiums
Hidden Palms Resort & Condominiu...
#8 of 24 in Lake Havasu City
Quality Inn & Suites
Quality Inn & Suites
#7 of 24 in Lake Havasu City
Island Suites
Island Suites
#10 of 24 in Lake Havasu City

Been to Stagecoach Trails Guest Ranch? Share your experiences!