“Accomodating Accomodation”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Cherry Creek Lodge

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Young
Cherry Creek Lodge
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Young
Placitas, New Mexico
“Accomodating Accomodation”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 15, 2014

Our stay was most enjoyable. We came on one of the few weekends that it rained however that did not dampen their willingness to accommodate our desires, such as riding and shooting in the rain. Safety first is their motto. But the staff was quick to size us up and get us out on some good horses. Barrel racing and pole bending helps sharpen the skills. We even enjoyed the rain, watching the creeks rise, and the scent of wet horses. We will never complain about rain in Arizona, or let it stop doing what needs to be done. We had a blast on the shotgun and pistol range.

All of the staff at Cheery Creek were most pleasant and willing to share their opinions and experiences with us.

Did I fail to mention the food? Another success for Cheery Creek! From spaghetti to Elk, sandwiches to chips, we found all of the food to be delicious and served in a friendly family/ranch atmosphere. A great place to catch up with our friends.

Room Tip: Room? Who wants a room? Get outside and enjoy the country on horseback. Great lodge.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 14, 2013

Unlike I_travellongtime review, my review is the opposite!! As an international traveler, I have thoroughly enjoyed my two visits to Cherry Creek Lodge, 2012 and 2013 and will definitely return to 2014 with my foreign guests. It is a real cowboy experience horseback riding and cattle drives. Coming from the city, don't expect fancy dancy crap. Although customer service is definitely given a rating of 5 stars as comparable to the elegant hotels. Cherry Creek Lodge is the real deal, authentic working ranch and lodge with wholesome people. A most enjoyable time. The fruit, was plentiful and fine. The food, delicious and as a carnivore, totally enjoyable. The company the greatest. If one can't find the beauty in Cherry Creek Lodge, then they need to get a life. These fine simple folks work hard at the ranch and two years in a row, I find not one thing wrong, yes there maybe some maintenance work that needs to be done, but in the time of recession, they are doing an awesome job and any negative review offends me and is uncalled for. Remember, this is a working range, wear and tear is a daily thing, for those us that work for a living, understand that simply. You come out to get away from the hussle of city life and enjoy the simple outdoors. And those coming from Flagstaff going to complain, seriously grow up. After coming back from Ireland, I looked forward to relaxing at Cherry Creek Lodge. Did shooting, brought my own targets, horseback riding and hiking, had a blast. Yes, it is not a fancy ranch, but it is just shooting.

Room Tip: Owners Retreat is awesome.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank MAC9600
Apache Junction, Arizona, USA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 1, 2013

My hubby and I stayed for his birthday weekend. Hiked, rode horses, relaxed and ate some wonderful food. Would not hesitate to go back. Holly and Rick made us feel right at home. It was an am amazing an wonderfully relaxing weekend.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 17, 2013

Holly, Rick, Heather & Caleb all played a part in making this a most memorable and enjoyable experience for my wife and I. The food, room (bunkhouse, facing the corral and animals), trail ride, fellowship, views, lodge, campfire, and some things I've surely failed to mention were all AWESOME! Holly even volunteered to watch the 5 day old baby we're caring so we could both enjoy a fun and scenic 2 hour trail ride with Caleb.

We'll definitely be back, were treated like family and now consider these folks good friends. The only thing that will keep you from enjoying your time here to the fullest is a bad attitude or not letting the staff know how they can help make your stay enjoyable. You will never meet nicer people who care more about being great hosts.

Room Tip: Let Holly know what's important to you and I'm sure she'll do her best to accommodate,
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Keith W
Bismarck
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 16, 2013

I received a 2 night stay at the Cherry Creek Lodge from my wife for my 60th birthday. She knows that I like the outdoors yet I don't like "roughing it". The Cherry Creek lodge fit the bill on both accounts. The first thing you discover is the "off the grid" location and the self sustaining facility. Not an overhead power line in sight. The lodge owns or leases plus is surrounded by thousands of acres of pristine Arizona outback. The hills, lots of trees and wonderful creeks run thru the property and offer great hiking, "4 wheelin" and horse back riding. We took the 4 wheel tour from Rick and enjoyed every minute of it.
The lodge is comfortable,well appointed and certainly has the feel of a country lodge. The furniture and furnishings are high end and give you the feeling of comfort and friendliness.
The hosts Holly and Rick are great down to earth people and exude the feeling of "Family".
The meals were great and quite reasonable in cost and they come with great conversation.
We have traveled to many different resorts around the world and found the Cherry Creek Lodge to be a great escape in one of the best places we have been too. If you want sun, fresh air and great friendly staff, this is your place.
This isn't a 5 star hotel but the night sky, friendly people and fresh air make it feel just as good!
Rod and Laurie Bismarck, ND

Room Tip: Any room in the lodge is great
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Peoria, Arizona
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 2, 2013

We returned to Cherry Creek lodge because of the wonderful time we had the first time. The return trip was just as nice. The entire staff is very helpful and friendly, they make you feel as if you are one of the family. Their horses are some of the best that I have been able to ride as a rental horse.(I have been riding most of my life) The rooms are nice but the idea is to enjoy the outdoors and the tranquility of the remote location. The ranch has a variety of activities to keep you entertained or you can just sit and relax. We will be returning and we have told many others about this location. Thank you for your hospitality

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Jordy B
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 27, 2013

Great food, super hosts, fun guests and breathtaking trail ride. Getting there is an adventure, too but I would go back in a heartbeat. Take an SUV or truck to safely navigate the forest road and rocky 5-mile "driveway" to the lodge. But that's half the fun.
I haven't seen the Milky Way in years and it was stunning.
Holly and her team took care of everything and made us feel at home. She is delightful and has found her calling as hostess of the lodge. I felt like I was hanging out with my sister.
If you like dogs, you'll feel right at home and not miss yours as much. Lots of friendly ranch dogs to pet.
Can't understand any negative reviews. They must have stayed somewhere else.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Cherry Creek Lodge? Share your experiences!