“Fantastic!”
Review of Cherry Creek Lodge

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Young
Cherry Creek Lodge
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Young
Reviewed November 16, 2013

I received a 2 night stay at the Cherry Creek Lodge from my wife for my 60th birthday. She knows that I like the outdoors yet I don't like "roughing it". The Cherry Creek lodge fit the bill on both accounts. The first thing you discover is the "off the grid" location and the self sustaining facility. Not an overhead power line in sight. The lodge owns or leases plus is surrounded by thousands of acres of pristine Arizona outback. The hills, lots of trees and wonderful creeks run thru the property and offer great hiking, "4 wheelin" and horse back riding. We took the 4 wheel tour from Rick and enjoyed every minute of it.
The lodge is comfortable,well appointed and certainly has the feel of a country lodge. The furniture and furnishings are high end and give you the feeling of comfort and friendliness.
The hosts Holly and Rick are great down to earth people and exude the feeling of "Family".
The meals were great and quite reasonable in cost and they come with great conversation.
We have traveled to many different resorts around the world and found the Cherry Creek Lodge to be a great escape in one of the best places we have been too. If you want sun, fresh air and great friendly staff, this is your place.
This isn't a 5 star hotel but the night sky, friendly people and fresh air make it feel just as good!
Rod and Laurie Bismarck, ND

Room Tip: Any room in the lodge is great
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed November 2, 2013

We returned to Cherry Creek lodge because of the wonderful time we had the first time. The return trip was just as nice. The entire staff is very helpful and friendly, they make you feel as if you are one of the family. Their horses are some of the best that I have been able to ride as a rental horse.(I have been riding most of my life) The rooms are nice but the idea is to enjoy the outdoors and the tranquility of the remote location. The ranch has a variety of activities to keep you entertained or you can just sit and relax. We will be returning and we have told many others about this location. Thank you for your hospitality

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Jordy B
Reviewed October 27, 2013

Great food, super hosts, fun guests and breathtaking trail ride. Getting there is an adventure, too but I would go back in a heartbeat. Take an SUV or truck to safely navigate the forest road and rocky 5-mile "driveway" to the lodge. But that's half the fun.
I haven't seen the Milky Way in years and it was stunning.
Holly and her team took care of everything and made us feel at home. She is delightful and has found her calling as hostess of the lodge. I felt like I was hanging out with my sister.
If you like dogs, you'll feel right at home and not miss yours as much. Lots of friendly ranch dogs to pet.
Can't understand any negative reviews. They must have stayed somewhere else.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 21, 2013

Last week we spent two days at the Cherry Creek Lodge and were thoroughly pleased with the experience. Located on a working ranch, it was a mix of a bed-and-breakfast and a dude ranch. That meant the cattle, horses, dogs, chicken, turkeys they raised, as well as the wildlife living in the surrounding area.

The two-hour All Terrain Vehicle tour was outstanding. Rick is knowledgeable, pleasant, and very skilled in getting the ATV through river beds, hills, and rocky trails. HIs knowledge about the history of the area, the details of running a working ranch that was off the grid, and the animal life was very outstanding. I was impressed with the solar panels that provided most of the power for the ranch. Though it was a rustic setting, they offered wi-fi and satellite TV, in case you were bored. But boredom was not a problem. The weather was fantastic and we enjoyed hiking around the beautiful countryside.

Our room was well-decorated, clean, and very comfortable. The main lodge area was warm and inviting, as were the staff, Holly and Rick. Everyone was very friendly, genuine, and eager to please. Holly was unfailingly upbeat and helpful.

Meals were served family-style, with guests and staff together, which led to a better appreciation of ranch life. This is not a 3 star Michelin restaurant. If you want that, go to a Michelin rated restaurant. But it is wholesome, family style food on a working ranch. And when I got the bill for the meals, I was pleasantly surprised at how reasonable it was.

We were at the Lodge when the folks that wrote the SbySW negative review were there. All I can say is that we cannot share their evaluation.

Room Tip: The Hide-out Loft was great
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 19, 2013

My husband and I spent two days at the Cherry Creek Lodge. The accommodations were lovely. Holly and Rick, who are both gracious and welcoming, helped make our experience delightful. We opted for the jeep tour and it was definitely a fantastic experience - instructive and beautiful. We learned a lot about ranching and wild life in the area. This is a working ranch. We will definitely come back and would strongly recommend the place. Some of the roads to the ranch are unpaved and require a four wheel drive vehicle with reasonable clearance.

Room Tip: Accommodations in the lodge are very nice
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed August 26, 2013

Our hats off to Rick & Holly! Thank you both for being such selfless and gracious hosts! This ranch is a diamond in the rough for sure. Just enough modern convieniences to make ea guest feel at home, but not enough to take the feel of the whole "dude ranch" experience away. We came out on a "Deal Chicken" special, but after such an awsome weekend!!!, we'll be back with or without a special deal. Ya folks it was that good! We were housed in the "bunk house" for the weekend and had plenty of room to play in..it was just my husband and myself, (more room than necessary) but loved the kitchen and private bathroom to ourselves. Nothing fancy, just plain good ol country living! We had a view of the goat/turkey/horse pens and the chickens & roosters living right next to us for the weekend. We took advantage of every amenitie available...the fishing was my absolute favorite...boats for your use made it even more of an adventure out on the lake with the sunset behind us! wow! horseback riding was great views of the extrordinary country...(our host could of been a bit more informative, but view was excellent). Rick took my husband and I out for an afternoon of shooting, (my husbands favorite part). Rick was a wonderful, knowledable host out on the range! and the meals, were homecooked to perfection!!!!! Holly was so hospitable and was always concerned for everyone elses' needs before her own. The owners are very fortunate and lucky to have such a wonderful couple running their ranch! Thanks Rick & Holly for such a pleasureable weekend,,,,we will definately tell everyone we know and will be back soon!

Room Tip: Let Holly know what your personal needs are ahead of time, so she can accomodate those needs. Some r...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 21, 2013

Jean and I needed our batteries recharged. We decided to try Cherry Creek Lodge. WOW! Super friendly hosts Rick and Holly really made us feel like we were visiting our favorite Aunt and Uncle. The scenery was breathe taking and the weather was wonderful. Jean and I decided to go horseback riding with Rick. He is very knowledgeable about the history of Young, AZ telling the tales along the trail.
There is plenty for the kids to do. Many farm animals around the lodge. You’ll get a privilege tour of the farm with Roxy one of many friendly pets.
Great tasting breakfast, lunch and dinner Aunt Holly’s Kitchen is just the place where she makes it happen. Be prepared for big tasty dinners. She always has plenty of snacks, fruits and cakes on her counter for the guests to snack on any time of the day.
I was able to relax reading books and magazines which are neatly place in the living room amongst big cushioned chairs and sofas. We made new friends around the kitchen table during dinner time and enjoyed the spectacular lighting show at night. Batteries are recharged. Looking forward to coming back.

Room Tip: chilly at night. bring a sweater
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Cherry Creek Lodge? Share your experiences!