Cherry Creek Lodge
Kohl's Ranch Lodge(Payson)(Great Value!)
$79
  • Pool
$103
Majestic Mountain Inn(Payson)(Great Value!)
$120
$113
Orbitz.com
Rim Country Inn(Payson)(Great Value!)
$65
Days Inn & Suites Payson(Payson)(Great Value!)
$92
$69
Comfort Inn Payson(Payson)(Great Value!)
$90
$81
ComfortInn
$140
$66
Quality Inn Payson(Payson)(Great Value!)
$81
QualityInn
All reviewshorseback ridingshooting rangefire pitbrentcowboyranchhorsesphoenixantlerslofthike
Reviewed September 3, 2012

My wife and I just returned from a couple of days here. We did not want to leave the lodge and are now making plans for a longer return visit. The stay starts with a beautiful drive through the Tonto forest from Phoenix to Globe. The lodge is like a large ranch house, not a hotel. This sets the tone of the visit as a relaxing stay, not just a place to sleep at night. As others have said, there are a number of things to do, horse back riding, hiking, exploring, fishing, swimming or just sitting enjoying the view and reading a book. We felt like we were at the end of the earth, all cares and problems were left miles away. The food was great, served family style which gave a wonderful opportunity to meet folks and talk. We learned about the local history including a family feud that lasted many years, much of which took place in the immediate area. At the end of the day, we returned to our room which was as clean and nice as any I have ever been in. We have been home for a week and are planning the next trip - this action says more than any of my words. Jim

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank JimKathy_12
Reviewed July 11, 2012

A very nice quiet place. Wonderful staff and very good horses. If you like a quiet relaxing rustic location this is the place to go

• Stayed: June 2012
4  Thank Jordy B
Reviewed May 23, 2012

We had an amazing time at Cherry Creek Lodge (We found a great deal on LA Deals). It was a nice change of pace to get out of the city and spend a couple days in peaceful, calming surroundings; wonderful experience looking up at the night time sky full of bright stars. The accommodations were clean and comfortable. We felt welcomed by everyone at the lodge - warm, positive energy all around. And yummy, yummy food!

Good times included horse back riding, shooting, paddle boating (too bad there wasn't archery) -- plus, we got to pet and feed the goats on the ranch :)

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank L G
Reviewed May 21, 2012

Enjoyed a horse back ride, and a quiet day on the lake fishing with the love of my life. Rick & Holly always make the stay that much more enjoyable. Food is always homemade and prepared onsite.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Paul M
Reviewed May 21, 2012

My husband bought me this through a KGB deal for my birthday last year. It was so beautiful, clean and what a memorable trip. We laughed and made lifelong friends stargazing on the deck in the evenings. During the day we hiked, fished (caught TONS of fish) and just relaxed. All I kept telling my husband is " I am SO relaxed" :) which with a family of 5 and owning my own business, I don't feel very often.

The food was incredible, I probably put on 5lbs at least, but it was SO WORTH it!! We are already browsing our calendar to figure out when we can come back. We stayed in the Wrangler Rack and it was perfect, just a little away from all the Lodge action. Holly, Rick, Heather and Caleb made us feel right at home, like we were family---only family that spoils you!! I highly recommend this place, you will be so thankful you took the drive. Love Love LOVE!!

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple