“Rustic retreet”
Review of Cherry Creek Lodge

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Young
Cherry Creek Lodge
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Young
Peoria, Arizona
“Rustic retreet”
Reviewed July 11, 2012

A very nice quiet place. Wonderful staff and very good horses. If you like a quiet relaxing rustic location this is the place to go

• Stayed June 2012
4 Thank Jordy B

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed May 23, 2012

We had an amazing time at Cherry Creek Lodge (We found a great deal on LA Deals). It was a nice change of pace to get out of the city and spend a couple days in peaceful, calming surroundings; wonderful experience looking up at the night time sky full of bright stars. The accommodations were clean and comfortable. We felt welcomed by everyone at the lodge - warm, positive energy all around. And yummy, yummy food!

Good times included horse back riding, shooting, paddle boating (too bad there wasn't archery) -- plus, we got to pet and feed the goats on the ranch :)

3 Thank L G
Maricopa, Arizona
Reviewed May 21, 2012

Enjoyed a horse back ride, and a quiet day on the lake fishing with the love of my life. Rick & Holly always make the stay that much more enjoyable. Food is always homemade and prepared onsite.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Paul M
Phoenix, Arizona, United States
Reviewed May 21, 2012

My husband bought me this through a KGB deal for my birthday last year. It was so beautiful, clean and what a memorable trip. We laughed and made lifelong friends stargazing on the deck in the evenings. During the day we hiked, fished (caught TONS of fish) and just relaxed. All I kept telling my husband is " I am SO relaxed" :) which with a family of 5 and owning my own business, I don't feel very often.

The food was incredible, I probably put on 5lbs at least, but it was SO WORTH it!! We are already browsing our calendar to figure out when we can come back. We stayed in the Wrangler Rack and it was perfect, just a little away from all the Lodge action. Holly, Rick, Heather and Caleb made us feel right at home, like we were family---only family that spoils you!! I highly recommend this place, you will be so thankful you took the drive. Love Love LOVE!!

2 Thank sunmtngirl
Carefree, AZ
Reviewed May 16, 2012

My husband and I used a package deal I got online for a 2-night stay. I'd been thinking about Cherry Creek Lodge since reading about it two years ago in "Arizona Highways" magazine, but we never got around to it until now. I can't say enough wonderful things about this place and the people who run it. Everyone there made sure we had and did everything we wanted to do and made us feel like we were family. The location is gorgeous. Our room, the Ambush Hill Loft, was perfect -- comfy bed with a little balcony. Food was fantastic and there was always a counter full of yummy snack goodies during the day. If we had stayed longer than 2 nights, I probably wouldn't have fit into my clothes any more, but it would have been well worth it! Holly and Heather kept us well fed and Rick and Caleb kept us entertained, with a horseback ride and a "Rhino" ride to an old mine and some Indian ruins. I spent a lot of time with the baby goats -- so cute. There was a cattle drive the day we left and it was fun to watch the inexperienced wranglers try to "wrangle" the cattle. With shooting, archery, a pond for fishing, along with hiking trails and riding, there is something for everyone. Plus, if you just want to sit back on the wrap-around porch and read or relax and look at the scenery, this is the place to do it. We simply cannot wait to come back.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank SierramomCarefree
Mesa, Arizona, United States
Reviewed May 15, 2012

I found a living social deal for this place & decided to take my husband there for our anniversary. Our room was clean & comfortable. Holly, Rick, Heather, Caleb & Slim made sure we felt welcome. Holly made sure our tummy's were full every morning & night with biscuits & gravy, pancakes, apple fritters, smores, prime rib, cowboy beans & mexican food. We go to feed their goats, which would yell, "Mom" when you'd yell, "kids". They have a little rowboat & a paddleboat you can use to go out on the lake & fish, but I caught a 5lb large mouth bass from the shore, with a bobber & a worm. I don't eat fish, but everyone said that fish was delish. We are going back in October 2012 to do their zombie apocolypse shooting range with exploding targets. I would recommend this place to anyone, young or old, families or couples. We had a blast & made friends.

Room Tip: If you want a cool room in the summer time, get a lower level room in the main loft
1 Thank Charity S
Reviewed May 13, 2012 via mobile

This was our first visit and we had package deal we found online. The setting was beautiful with rolling hills and valleys covered in a blanket of pine trees. The property has both historic farm buildings, a pond, a river, and a fancy lodge. Everything was clean and well kept. It is a working ranch so expect to get a little dusty and dirty. That didn't bother us a bit though. Holly, Rick, Heather, and Caleb (sp.?) were some of the nicest people we have ever met. It really was like staying with family that you like. There's a ton of outdoor activites; we went shooting which was a blast. The food was amazing! Home cooked, fresh, local, large portions and seconds. We're foodies, so its rare for us to give compliments. Besides the awesome meals, Holly bakes cookies and leaves them out all day for guests. Dinner on the porch and smores over the firepit wirh the other guests at night, make this an inviting and pleasant experience. We'll be back soon.

• Stayed May 2012
1 Thank MelBond007

Been to Cherry Creek Lodge? Share your experiences!