2,075 results
All reviews turquoise room fred harvey mary colter railroad hotel gift shop santa fe railroad self guided tour harvey hotel sunken garden an art gallery current owners train travel public rooms trains roll unique hotel martini bar step back in time
Reviewed September 14, 2009

My husband and I, both architects, sought out La Posada three years ago and were happy to find it was under restoration. We stopped back by recently to check on the progress of the restoration and were thrilled at the changes. The lovely gardens, the larger gift shop, the fine menu at the Turquoise Room all pleased us. After buying some marvelous vintage jewlry in the Gift Shop, we had lunch in the Turqousie Room. The Signature Soup is outstanding. My husband had the stuffed squash blossom quesadillas, and I had pork filled red tortillas. The meal was delicious, and first quality - Fred Harvey would be proud to know the guest are still given the finest cuisine.
Afterwards we walked the grounds, and settled into the comfortable wicker arm chairs on the back veranda. We quickly fell into that lovely state of light dozing and for 30 minutes nobody bothered us, even though we were just passing through. It was one of those lovely magical moments I will treasure. It was hard to leave but we promised ourselves to return again.
I must also comment on the kind staff, I was in the throes of a wicked head cold, and was trying very hard to limit my contact with everyone. Every single staff person I met was kind, sympathetic, and never shied away from dealing with my sneezing person.
Someday I hope to spend a night at La Posada, eat that Signature soup again, and doze away an afternoon on the back veranda.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled as a couple
2  Thank KBSilverSpring
Reviewed September 12, 2009

In all of my 24 yrs of business travels LA Pasada ranks number one in my book,The restaurant food is superb especially the Prime RIb.The staff gave us excellent service every time we came.
But most of all my best moment at the La Pasada was meeting and having my first date
with one of the local ladies who I am now married to and reside in Louisiana.We look forward to our visits to the grandkids and staying at the hotel.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled on business
1  Thank cajuncooler
Reviewed September 7, 2009

I'm so glad I stayed at the La Posada. I arrived by Amtrak train just steps from the hotel. As I entered I heard the gentle, live, guitar notes of a minstral playing a Spanish classical guitar in the hotel lobby. A peaceful calm pervaded the inside and outside of the hotel. Even the speeding freight trains could not disturb the ambience. I was greeted by a sincerely friendly desk clerk who gave me a souvenir walking tour guide pamphlet to explore the hotel architecture and landscaping. The single room I had was perfect. Large with a window that opened on to the sunken gardens. My room was the Shirley Temple room and it was so spacious I felt like I was at someone's home, not a hotel. The walk-in closet had an iron & board. The bathroom was imaculate and yet preserved that wonderful old style of floor tile and space. I got excellent cell phone reception and slept with my window wide open to hear the sounds of the water fountain outside. The floor rugs were thick and soothing to my feet.

I would go back to enjoy the hotel, the ambience and the food any day. What a rest from the stress of everyday life in the big city. The owners have proven that the high quality of the past can blend in with today.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled solo
1  Thank AustinJordan
Reviewed September 6, 2009

Stayed both east- and west-bound through Winslow this year; architect and designer MEJ Colter would would proud to see her creation come back to life. The gardens continually improve, the food and wine at the Turquoise Room are superb, the room rates reasonable. It's a must for my trips across Northern Arizona.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled solo
1  Thank 4n6chemist
Reviewed August 24, 2009

I recently stayed at this hotel on the recommendation of a friend and also for the sentimental value of staying in a restored Harvey hotel. What a wonderful surprise! This is a lovingly restored hotel with beautiful art work, excellent food, peaceful gardens and a terrific gift shop of local crafts. I stayed in the Mary Coulter room (the original designer of the hotel) and it was quaint but up to date. It had a lovely balcony as well. They are currently restoring the other half of the hotel but there is no construction noise as it is at the other end of the property. This is still a train stop and would make a fun overnight if traveling by Amtrak. However the noise from the trains continues through the night so if you think that will bother you, request a room at the front end of the hotel. Unfortunately there really isn't anything else to do in this town but it is worth the stop!

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled solo