“elegant surroundings”
Review of Turquoise Room

Turquoise Room
Reserve with OpenTable
Turquoise Room is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 32 Restaurants in Winslow
Cuisines: Southwestern
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Description: One of the southwest's unique restaurants, providing a mesmerizing interpretation of Arizona food. Discover a wonderful road restaurant as you travel Arizona and explore the renovated Fred Harvey Winslow hotel - La Posada.
Reviewed September 2, 2014

Excellent food, unique offerings. Elk, bison and quail in one entree, fantastic and tasty. Breakfasts are also unique and are amongst my favorite meals here.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,572)

Reviewed September 2, 2014

The tamales were to die for: Try the squash blossom tamale appetizer, the buffalo tamale in green chiles salsa was pretty spectacular too. But do save room for the Choclate Soufle with grand mariner and house-made cream (clotted creme?). It's real. Really. And, it's real, real good. Gotta have it.
I plan to go back often and make my way down the list of entrees. What a gift for the entire southwest. A world-flass chef!

Reviewed September 2, 2014

Food was really good, service was good, not cheap, if on a budget not the place to go. Very nice atmosphere.

Reviewed August 30, 2014

We loved this restaurant and the hotel it is in! The view from our table was breathtaking and the food was mouth watering! We had stuffed squash blossoms because it was something we had never heard of before and they were amazing! We had a lamb sampler entrée that was melting in our mouths.

1  Thank Aimee L
Reviewed August 28, 2014 via mobile

We were driving from Colorado to Palm Springs and my baby was demanding to be fed. I was stupidly driving by myself with baby and a toddler and had already hit a Denny's earlier in the trip. Which was the only other reasonable option. I drove up and down the town looking for someplace clean enough to feed my children by myself and this place was dead. I resigned myself and started heading back to the Denny's when I pulled out my phone and googled restaurants in Winslow and lo and behold, there was the Turquoise Room, in the #1 spot here on Trip Advisor. I decided it was worth a shot at 3pm in the afternoon and dragged my ratty and cranky from road-tripping children into the restaurant. It was beautiful and they couldn't have been nicer considering the state I was in. I nursed the baby and ordered a margarita (you would too if you had just had the drive I did!) The food was delicious and the margarita was perfect. And if it weren't for my drink, it probably would have been the same price as Denny's (which is not as cheap as you'd think!) Highly recommended if you need to stop in Winslow for a driving break :)

1  Thank rainlily99