“La Posada Restaurant”
Review of Turquoise Room

Turquoise Room
Reserve with OpenTable
Turquoise Room is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 32 Restaurants in Winslow
Cuisines: Southwestern
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Special occasions, Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Description: One of the southwest's unique restaurants, providing a mesmerizing interpretation of Arizona food. Discover a wonderful road restaurant as you travel Arizona and explore the renovated Fred Harvey Winslow hotel - La Posada.
Reviewed July 23, 2014

My husband and I decided to eat at the Turquoise Room at the La Posada for our 10th wedding anniversary. The food was very good and the atmosphere was great. We sat and watched the trains while eating some amazing food.....I look forward to going again someday :)

Write a ReviewReviews (1,544)

Reviewed July 23, 2014

Squash blossom appetizer, 2 toned soup, prime rib, molten chocolate cake, wine...who could ask for more! Every bite was delicious!
Ashley, our server was delightful... as well as our other server who is a school teacher! I've never been disappointed with my meal or service and have been coming to this restaurant for years!

Reviewed July 22, 2014

Da wife and I were heading home to the east out of Manhattan Beach and stumbled upon the La Posada. What a great restaurant! Between da wife and I we ordered the wild-wild game platter with elk, duck and quail, duck tacos and killer vegetable plate. I had the red wine 'on tap' and the wife had a Turquoise Margarita which included blue Curacao. Both drinks are highly recommended. It was the first time I had wine dispensed from a pressure vessel on tap. Tasted as good or better than wine from a bottle. I've had wine on tap a few times since then. Apparently, it's a green trend to save on glass bottles and make the wine more sustainable. Prices are very reasonable for the fare offered and the service was excellent. We are only dreaming about the next time we visit this magical place!

Reviewed July 19, 2014

Smoked salmon salad was delicious. Note: Served raw.
Combined with carnitas plate for exquisite (albeit expensive) tacos.
Worth it for that one in a lifetime visit.

Definitely recommend the signature soup. Half white corn, half black bean. Tried my friend's and decided to order it for myself. Delicious eaten separately and swirled together!

Reviewed July 16, 2014 via mobile

We made reservations for dinner and were seated on time. It did take about ten minutes before our waitress arrived, but after that she was fairly fast. When our drinks were brought to the table the waitress also had a basket of different types of bread. That was a pleasant surprise and we really enjoyed sampling the different types. My wife ordered the shrimp pasta and absolutely loved it. I ordered the seven ounce fillet mignon with home made fries. I must admit the fries were just okay, but the fillet was to die for. I have eaten fillet mignon at a huge number of restaurants all over the United States and can safely say this is one of the most tender I have ever eaten. I mentioned this to the waitress and she said it was her favorite meal here as the beef just melts in your mouth. Next time we are at La Posada I will definitely order the same thing. All in all it was a great meal.

Been to Turquoise Room? Share your experiences!