“Well Worth The Trip to Winslow”
Review of Turquoise Room

Turquoise Room
Reserve with OpenTable
Turquoise Room is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 32 Restaurants in Winslow
Cuisines: Southwestern
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: One of the southwest's unique restaurants, providing a mesmerizing interpretation of Arizona food. Discover a wonderful road restaurant as you travel Arizona and explore the renovated Fred Harvey Winslow hotel - La Posada.
California
“Well Worth The Trip to Winslow”
Reviewed November 21, 2013

I had experienced La Posada and Turquoise Room during a business trip in 2012 and decided right then and there that my husband had to come back with me. In October 2013 we were on a week-long Arizona road trip with friends - and I had put Winslow on the schedule specifically for a Dinner at Turquoise Room. Our friends had doubts since Winslow was not exactly on our route. After visiting La Posada and enjoying dinner at Turquoise Room they thanked me for introducing them to this place. We had a wide range of appetizers and dinners, including the venison and the lamb sampler, the vegetarian plate and a beef dish. Everything was excellent. Wine and micro brew beer to match in an unforgettable ambiance. Turquoise Room is worth a road trip and we hope to be back soon. We walked off our dinner by sight seeing the gallery, gift shop (I got souvenirs) and library of La Posada. It turns out that there is lots to do around Winslow, too!

• Visited October 2013

Detroit, Michigan
“Fabulous Food in an Unexpected Place”
Reviewed November 20, 2013

I had a tilapia dinner that was just superb. Lots of local vegetables and perfectly seasoned. My friend had a gorgeous vegetarian plate that was so different than the standard fare. How food this good is found in Winslow, AZ, I cannot imagine. We loved it so much that we hung around for lunch the next day and that was wonderful too.

Visited November 2013
Seekonk, Massachusetts
“Nice place for a special occasion; great service”
Reviewed November 18, 2013

We dined at The Turquoise Room twice for dinner during our 3 day stay at La Posada, and both meals were very good, albeit a little pricey.

I must say that our servers for both meals, Erin and Joni, were absolutely fabulous. Both ladies were able to answer our questions about the various choices on the menu and offer suggestions about what dishes we might enjoy most when considering the type of food we were in the mood for each evening. Always smiling, attentive and courteous - they were a huge part of the positive experiences we had at The Turquoise Room.

Our first dinner was in celebration of our 20th anniversary that day, so we had the attitude that "anything goes" when it came to what we ordered and watching prices. I'm not working at this time, so sticking to a budget is still forefront in my mind even though I did certainly want to toss caution to the wind to celebrate our 20 years together.

We didn't order any appetizers, soup or salad because we had not seen the portion sizes, didn't want to fill up too much, and since we were on vacation, we knew taking a doggy bag wasn't an option. That was a good decision because the portions of both of our meals (I had the shrimp pasta with blue corn fusilli and my husband, The Wild-Wild platter) were more than adequate.

My shrimp dish was good, not extraordinary, though - the pasta was very dense and seemed quite starchy - I want to say the pasta was undercooked, but it was fusilli, which naturally is more dense than a flatter pasta. I did tell Erin and she offered to bring the dish back to the kitchen, but it wasn't that big of a deal, so I continued to eat it - the pasta softened up a bit more with time and with the residual heat of the dish. My husband loved every aspect of his wild-wild platter - loved the huckleberry, tomatillo and black cherry sauces that were paired with each different meat. He goes to game dinners yearly, so he enjoys those types of red meats. I had 2 margaritas, my husband had a mixed drink and a wine with meal -> our bill, without tip, was just under $110.00.

Our second meal was slightly less in cost - about $101.00 without tip and consisted of the black bean and corn soup and the maytag blue cheese salad for me, and the bison osso bucco for my hubby. We did try the calamari before dinner this time and it was very, very good - loved the aioli with it - calamari was plump and light. Soup was very thick and tasty, salad was plain, but piquant with the addition of the blue cheese. Hubby again loved his bison and the accompaniments. Round of drinks were the same as before and were OK.

If we were in the area again, I would definitely come back for a special meal, especially since this is the only upscale restaurant in Winslow....would just have to make sure to save up for it. Thanks again Joni and Erin for wonderful service.

• Visited November 2013
Prescott, Arizona
“Good Service and food - but a bit expensive”
Reviewed November 13, 2013

I had heard wonderful things about the restaurant and its lamb so I had the lamb salad. It was good but did not look like the picture of chops standing on lettuce. The Calamari appetizer is not something I would order again...more like popcorn shrimp fried.

Visited October 2013
Bend, Oregon
“Sublime dining experience”
Reviewed November 10, 2013

Whenever traveling through northern Arizona via Interstate-40, we stop at the historic La Posada Hotel for a meal in their award-winning Turquoise Room. As always, our dinner this evening was wonderful, featuring delectable Southwest-themed items, such as their signature half-and-half cornmeal/black-bean soup, green chili chicken breast alongside polenta, pork carnitas with fruit salsa, prickly-pear cactus bread pudding dessert, etc. Although the small town of Winslow is rather run down and dowdy, this top-notch restaurant in the beautifully refurbished Spanish-style inn is a gastronomical oasis in these high desert expanses. The atmosphere of casual elegance and professionally efficient, friendly service while savoring superbly prepared foods makes for a sublime dining experience. As an added treat each evening, expert classical/flamenco guitarist Khent Anantakai provides live background music. And the Turquoise Room's breakfasts are equally excellent. If driving I-40 while hungry, do yourself a favor and take the Winslow exit!

• Visited November 2013