“Amazing Atmosphere”
Review of Turquoise Room

Turquoise Room
Reserve with OpenTable
Turquoise Room is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 32 Restaurants in Winslow
Cuisines: Southwestern
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Description: One of the southwest's unique restaurants, providing a mesmerizing interpretation of Arizona food. Discover a wonderful road restaurant as you travel Arizona and explore the renovated Fred Harvey Winslow hotel - La Posada.
Reviewed August 27, 2013 via mobile

You get a great selections of rare and local flared foods at this gem of a location. The atmosphere is definitely the draw here but you'll be more than satisfied with your meal. A detour has never tasted so good.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,577)

Reviewed August 27, 2013

My wife and I set out on another weekend adventure together. We booked in at The Los Posadas historical hotel in Winslow. We dined at the Turuoise Room, ordering unique dishes to experience together. The Squash Blossoms are a must. The Elk is an equally amazing dish. While Winslow itself is not your typical destination, this restaraunt and hotel are worth the trip.

Reviewed August 25, 2013

The reviews of the restaurant were clearly good, but the overall experience at the Turquoise Room and the associated Martini Bar was well above expectations. The service was impeccable and very knowledgable, the drink was excellent and the food absolutely top notch. My wife felt that it was the best food that we have every had in the US, and we lived there for two years! If we return to Winslow we will return there.

Reviewed August 24, 2013

The food is exquisite, imaginative and beautifully presented. The restaurant itself is elegant and comfortable and the staff professional, knowledgeable and only too happy to share a recipe when requested. We were a bit travel-worn after our drive up from Phoenix and, not knowing what to expect, hurriedly booked into our hotel to change for dinner; nothing fancy, a tie is not required or (I think) expected but I felt more comfortable changing from shorts into a casual dress.

We started with pika bread and Hopi humus, a delicious and rarely found treat. The pika bread was especially enjoyed by my partner who had not eaten the flaky, thin blue corn bread for many years, it brought back happy memories and he said it was "spot on."

For our main courses my partner had the Crispy Pork Carnitas; large pieces of crispy pork Carnitas, served on a bed of black beans in a red chile pool topped with a papaya salsa served with creamy polenta. I had the Churro Lamb Sampler – Three Ways. I was a little concerned how large this would be given it consisted of lamb shoulders, slowly simmered with tomatillo and green chile, meat is pulled off the bone and served over sweet corn tamale. A bowl of posole with half a grilled house made lamb sausage. Grilled chop on a bed of Tuscan kale with a mint and garlic au jus and all served with fresh vegetables. It was not as daunting as it sounds and was a perfectly manageable and delicious course.

We even had enough room for a shared desert of freshly baked hazelnut, chocolate brownie with vanilla ice cream.

The whole dining experience at the Turquoise Room was certainly more impressive than any high-end restaurant I've dined at in the Metro Phoenix area (including in highly overrated Scottsdale) and the prices were much more reasonable. Our entire meal, with a glass of wine each and coffee came to just over $100.

Reviewed August 21, 2013

Probably the best meal we had on a week long Route 66 trip. As you might expect given the location, the menu leans heavily toward Southwestern/Mexican. I don't always like heavily spiced food, so I have to order from such a menu carefully. I explained that to our server and she brought a sample of the marinade that a particular dish was prepared in. That was a really nice touch. I ordered that dish -- lamb shank -- and it was excellent. Really excellent meat, slipped right off the bone and melted in your mouth like it should.