“Excellent meal”
Review of Turquoise Room

Turquoise Room
Reserve with OpenTable
Turquoise Room is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 32 Restaurants in Winslow
Cuisines: Southwestern
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: One of the southwest's unique restaurants, providing a mesmerizing interpretation of Arizona food. Discover a wonderful road restaurant as you travel Arizona and explore the renovated Fred Harvey Winslow hotel - La Posada.
Reviewed July 16, 2013

We paired this experience with our stay at the La Posada Hotel. The food was superb in every way. You could taste the freshness in all of the ingredients and the presentation added to the enjoyment. Who knew you could make a delectable appetizer out of squash blossoms?

Write a ReviewReviews (1,522)

Reviewed July 15, 2013

My wife and I stayed at La Posada and had dinner and breakfast the following morning in the Turquoise Room. The only blemish was the the service at both meals was a tad slow; everything else was perfect. For dinner, my wife had the California halibut with warm crabmeat, mango, and avocado salsa and crispy fried okra, and I had the heritage pork chop with greens and corn. All ingredients were fresh, and the flavors were complex and complimented each other beautifully. Portions were generous but not overwhelming. At breakfast, my wife had the Mary Colter omelet and I had the baked beef machaca chilaquiles. The chilaquiles were perhaps the best breakfast egg dish I have ever eaten. In addition to the incredible food, the atmosphere is perfect. It's like being transported back to the 1930s or 1940s. No detail has been spared in the Mary Colter designed dining room which has been lovingly restored by the current owners. An extra treat is sitting at a table by the window and watching all the trains go by including Amtrak's Super Chief.

Reviewed July 13, 2013

As a regular American Southwest visitor I have eaten at many restaurants from Yuma to Moab and all parts in between. The Turquoise Room is my very favorite. The food is EXCELLENT. This restaurant never fails to be superb. Local foods are featured and the service is exceptional. Like the Southwest? Go to The Turquoise Room!

Reviewed July 11, 2013

This is a wonderful restuarant located in the La Posada Hotel. The creative menu is based on locally sourced foods (some grown on the hotel grounds) and traditional native recipes. The food is delicious.

Reviewed July 8, 2013

We made early dinner reservations and got the best seat in the house. Large windows that lit up dark and rustic interior--a good balance of light and cozy-dimness. Our waiter was helpful, especially with aerating/filtering our red wine. I ordered the lamb sampler--and glad I did. My husband got the "Wild Wild" (elk, bison and quail) and he loved it. But the best part of dinner was the appetizer, Stuffed Squash Blossoms. It was deep fried, sort of tempura style with creamy corn filling. There was not enough dipping salsa for this!