“Yummy!”

Ranked #2 of 32 Restaurants in Winslow
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Scenic view
Dining options: Takeout
Description: A healthier side to Mexican food, this place does things differently. From Scratch,down home, Mom and Pops Mexican (Sonoran / Chihuaha style) food. This little quaint place, set right on the airstip, is run by a couple and there family. First founded in town with a little taco shop on 2nd street (Hillside taco stand) roughly about 11yrs ago has been a local staple thanks to the locals and tourists alike that come out and support. Everything is fresh with a quite a bit of selections. With a little Salsa bar that you can explore.
Reviewed August 8, 2013

The staff was very nice! This is delicious Mexican food. The adobada was very moist and flavorful! Pollo was also great. Definitely worth trying while in town!

Reviewed August 3, 2013

While attending a show at the airport last Saturday and stumbled upon this delightful and delicious little restaurant. Who knew you would find such authentic Mexican food at a Hidden Treasure at the Winslow airport!! This is a family owned and run establishment.....Dad and son taking care of customers and Mom back in the kitchen. Since my husband had never eaten them, I asked if they had sopapillas since I didn't see them on the menu. Dad said they are not on the menu because since they only have one deep fryer, they cannot make sopapillas when the restaurant is busy because then everyone wants them. Since it was not busy when we first arrived, Mom made us the BEST sopapillas I have every eaten. The other selections we had were equally as good. This is a small place but very clean with good food and excellent service. It is worth your time to find this Hidden Treasure at Winslow Airport.

Reviewed July 30, 2013

We recently ate here with my family on a trip through the Southwest. I pulled up tripadvisor on my mobile and found the E & O. It sounded like a nice place. While some reviews indicated it was a bit tricky to find, we had a GPS and figured it would be a breeze . . . not exactly. The GPS indicates you have arrived when you are at the approximate point of the communications building of the airport. From there, bear right (east) and drive to the end of the road a quarter mile, where the fence gate sign warns you not to trespass - then turn left (north) and drive into the open lot - we were about to give up - but keep driving around the back of the big building (to the west) - and you will find a very nice little mexican cafe. We were greeted upon entering and my daughter, and service was good throughout our meal (lunch). My daughter, who usually is not crazy about Mexican, greatly enjoyed her enchilada. I have a burrito and taco, my wife had chicken mole, and my son also had an enchilada. Small salsa bar offered some good variety of salsas and such. This is a small airport and we saw no planes, but the meal was very good. It is about a 5 minute drive from the interstate and worth the effort to locate.

Reviewed June 27, 2013

hard to find! it's on the grounds of the airport. food not too good, except guacomole tostadoes which were fab & very generous!

Reviewed May 10, 2013

Read a review on this place, so decided to try it. Got directions from Scout app, and thought maybe we'd missed it- but it's hidden behind another building at the airport. So glad we found it! Real homestyle Mexican food, simple but clean dining area with friendly people working there, I recommend the chile rellenos & the machaca melts in your mouth. Also- fresh salsas were yummy- several to choose from. Worth seeking out!

Been to E & O Kitchen? Share your experiences!