“Definitely worth a stop.”

Standin' on the Corner Park
Ranked #1 of 11 things to do in Winslow
More attraction details
Owner description: Built in tribute to the Eagles' song "Take it Easy," this small park features a guitar-playing statue.
Tacoma, WA
191 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 235 helpful votes
“Definitely worth a stop.”
Reviewed July 7, 2012

I was driving on the mind-numbing sameness of nearby I-40 when I noticed the sign for Winslow, Arizona and immediately thought of the Eagles song, "Take It Easy" and its reference to Winslow. I had heard that Winslow had tried to capitalize on it with some sort of statue and so decided to get off the interstate and check it out. I'm glad I did. It was easy to find being right on the main drag and there was a nice gift shop next door selling cool drinks and souvenirs. I got my picture taken next to the statue and was on my way. This was a good way to break up the monotony of interstate driving.

1 Thank County-Hunter

HeyMIKI
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 35 helpful votes
“Worth the time...if you like this stuff!!”
Reviewed July 6, 2012

If you are into the song or just want to be sure to cover all of route 66, this is a MUST stop. Park the car and take a few photos next to the statue of man with guitar. or the girl in the flatbed Ford. But, the REAL find in Winona is the Flying J Ranch Gas Station at the East end of the route/exit/entrance to the highway. Cheapest gas I found anywhere along the Arizona I-40

1 Thank HeyMIKI
manchester, uk
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Must stop highlight”
Reviewed July 6, 2012

A must 'do' on Route 66. Took lots of photos and were serenaded by the Eagles song being piped outside onto the street, cheesy but we loved it. Also guy on his trip of a lifetime was playing his guitar to his wife, how sweet!!!

Queen Creek, AZ
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Nice photo opp”
Reviewed July 4, 2012 via mobile

Fun for pictures. Our teens did not appreciate as much as the adults. There is a gift shop right across the street that has plenty of goodies.

Ballston Spa, New York
82 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 103 helpful votes
“Born a Winslow--how could I pass up taking it easy?”
Reviewed June 28, 2012

I finally made it! I've been wanting to stand on the corner in Winslow. AZ for a looooong time! It was fun. And the folks in the store across the street were also super.