“Super 8 motel -- good choice”

Super 8 Williams East/Grand Canyon Area
Ranked #8 of 30 Hotels in Williams
Reviewed February 21, 2007

Hotel is in good location. Train noise is less noticable than some other places in Williams. My room was very clean and every one was helpfull and nice. Desk clerk gave me good recomendation for dinner and helped me reserve train ride to the Grand Canyon. I would stay there again.

• Stayed: February 2007, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank suzie9017
Tom W, Owner at Super 8 Williams East/Grand Canyon Area, responded to this reviewResponded August 28, 2012

Thank you for writing a review. We do enjoy hearing from our guests.

Reviewed November 19, 2006

The rooms are dirty and uncomfortable (we think this is the hotel we caught scabies in on our road trip). The staff couldn't be more unfriendly. We had been traveling for a few days and our credit card company finally put a hold on our card (always call your bank and tell them you are traveling, lesson learned). It was declined at the front desk when we came back down to pay. We were thrown out on our ears without an opportunity to use one of our many other cards, or traveler's checks. The male owner threw our suitcases out of the rooms and threatened to call the police. The female owner was swearing at us in various Eastern European languages (my fiance is Polish and recognized several words, not nice) Then when I refused to leave without an explanation, the male owner actually picked up a rock from the flower bed easily as big as my head and threatened to throw it at me if I did not leave. The Police filed an incident report after I called them. I never bothered to follow up to see what happened with it. The Super 8 national chain was unhelpful and refused to even call them or lodge a complaint. I will never stay in a super 8 again.

• Stayed: September 2005, traveled with family
1  Thank manque
Tom W, Owner at Super 8 Williams East/Grand Canyon Area, responded to this reviewResponded October 2, 2012

Wow, I'm sorry.

Reviewed October 4, 2006

Date: August 2006
We had a horrible experience at this motel. My nephew-in law lit up a cigarette in a no smoking room and put it out immediately. The owners threw him out and made my parents pay $100 cash for the "damage". Then the owners charged my parents with trespassing as my nieces and nephews were waiting in my parents room for their mother to return with pizza. The owners told my parents who do not drive to get out and threw suitcases, my parents belongings into the parking lot.The owners used profanity and threw my 82 & 85 year old parents out. My mother's shower bench was thrown into the parking lot and my mom was threatend that the police would be called, the owners also threatened to ruin my parents credit. My mom is on oxygen but this did not stop these abusive owners. They then charged my parents for the second night (on their credit card). A phone call to the national chain amounted to we are sorry for the service but the this is an independent ly owned motel. The national chain recomended calling the owner for resolution of the issue. The owner refused to reconciliate. The national chain was called again and they said they could do nothing to the owner's.

• Stayed: August 2006, traveled with family
3  Thank pj32
atyourservice_8, front desk clerk at Super 8 Williams East/Grand Canyon Area, responded to this reviewResponded November 19, 2008

The guests had made reservations for non smoking rooms. I called the room to ask if they were smoking in that room and the man totally denied it. The man in question had smoked so many cigarettes in his non smoking room that the hallway outside his door was filled with smoke. That's how we knew he was smoking in there. Nobody threw anything outside, in fact nobody touched any of their belongings. They were simply told they'd have to leave. They did have to pay a $100.00 cleaning fee for smoking in a non smoking room. Many motels charge a $200.00 fee for ruining a non smoking room. We could not rent that room for 2 weeks afterward because it reeked of smoke, so we lost a lot more than $100.00. We had smoking rooms available but they specifically asked for non smoking rooms, and then smoked in one of them. Of course there is going to be a penalty for this.

A TripAdvisor Member
Tucson, AZ
Reviewed August 7, 2005

Avoid this motel, we were charged $102 to stay in this motel for one
night. Although, it is clean, the beds were extremely uncomfortable.
My husband and I are not picky people when it comes to lodging
accomodations but neither of us got a good night's rest and we
both woke up with horrible backaches, and the prospect of driving
home on little to no sleep.

When we went to check out my husband spoke with the owner and
requested a discount on the price; the owner rudely refused to work with us.

As an aside, the staff turned out the security lights in the motel
parking lot that night, so that the lot and the front of the motel
were completely dark, creating both a safety and security hazard
as well as improper display of our American flag.

We will definitely not be staying there again, we feel we were overcharged
for the quality of the hotel. We would have been willing to overlook that
had we gotten a good night's rest and been treated with courtesy.
After all, it's not called the Hospitality industry for no reason!

• Stayed: August 2005
5  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Tom W, Owner at Super 8 Williams East/Grand Canyon Area, responded to this reviewResponded September 20, 2012

Sorry you did not like our beds, but most guests tell us that they had a great night's sleep. All of our beds are the same so I don't understand why your bed would have felt different. We do not give refunds after you have spent the night in the room. Sorry.

Reviewed June 26, 2005

Place is very clean. location is about a mile out of town on the road to Grand Canyon. We reserved a room with King bed and got a Queen but thats fine. The Owner was doing registration, and she was extremely unfriendly and then charged us an extra 8 dollars over the internet rate we had reserved. I would not stay here again.

6  Thank luvvegas1198

Sorry that you were unhappy. We would normally have charged $8.00 for an extra person who was not on the reservation.

Reviewed May 20, 2005

Unhelpful, rude staff. Room small but ok. Close to noisy railroad. There must be much better options in Williams.

• Stayed: April 2005
5  Thank Synman

We have made many changes since your stay. However there is one thing that has stayed the same and that is the train. It passes through the forest behind the motel but does not blow it's horn.

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed October 29, 2004

Only motel which was available in October visiting the Grand Canyon. Pros: close to highway exit. Cons: small room, no breakfast, not friendly reception. 65$ for one night. Next time I will reserve before hand to avoid this last resort!

6  Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Thank you for your review. We do have different staff since your stay in 2004. Williams is the closest town on the interstate to the Grand Canyon, so prices are a little higher than elsewhere. $65.00 is very average for this town. Our breakfast consists of coffee, tea, hot chocolate, milk, orange juice, cranberry juice, white toast, wheat toast, English muffins with butter, jelly, peanut butter & honey, yogurt, oatmeal, donuts, cereal and freshly made waffles.