“Worst Super 8 Experince”

Super 8 Williams East/Grand Canyon Area
Ranked #7 of 30 Hotels in Williams
Wisconsin
“Worst Super 8 Experince”
Reviewed January 27, 2009

This was one of the worst Super 8 motels. The lady at the front desk whom I assume to be the owner was extremely rude to us and made a number of false accusations. The rooms seem to be Ok, but the service was thus far horrible. The so called continental breakfast awful. Had a few muffins, coffee and Cereal, at a corner of the lobby, near the front desk, and there was no place to sit other than 2 tables which would only give room for 4 people to sit. It is not worth at all for the money they charge and I assume still people tend to stay here since there are not many decently priced motels around this area. But I will definitely NOT recommend this place, Mainly because of the AWFUL and Rude service that we had from the owner and it is not worth the money spent at all!!..

• Liked — Nothing
  • Disliked — Everything
  • Stayed November 2008, traveled with family
2 Thank dissapointedtrip
Tom W, Owner at Super 8 Williams East/Grand Canyon Area, responded to this review, August 28, 2012
We have made many changes to this Super 8 since your stay, including remodelling the lobby and breakfast area. For continental breakfast we now have coffee, tea, milk, hot chocolate, orange juice, cranberry juice, toast and English muffins with butter, jelly, peanut butter & honey, oatmeal, yogurt, cereal, donuts and waffles.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
  • Polish first
Belgium
Reviewed October 21, 2008

Worst experience ever!
Room was basic but ok.
Breakfast was very poor (so much for the "SuperStart breakfast" they advertise with), and in a tiny corner of the reception-room (4 chairs & 2 small tables for a total of 40 rooms). When I went down for breakfast at 8 o'clock, there was no more bread (bf was supposed to be provided until 9.30h). So I asked the manager (politely as always) if there was some more bread, please. Out of nowhere the man started shouting at me, pointing and waving his finger: "This not restaurant! You eat continental breakfast!" . I replied, completely startled, that that should include bread (doesn't it?), but the man kept shouting the same to me, louder, even came from behind his desk towards me. I got scared and backed up until he left. Never before have I been treated this way, for no reason, ... it was like he was having a nervous breakdown.
His wife is also very unfriendly, never answered our goodmorning and such, and only spoke to us in commands: "Fill out here! Sign here! Room upstairs!"
The 2 other members of personnel (an American woman at night-reception, and a man who was cleaning the rooms), were friendly and acted normal.
I've mailed a complaint to Super 8 headquarters, but they won't take any responsability for their franchise hotels. Lots of apologies in a standard-formula reply, but when it comes down to it, this managing couple gets away with this behaviour. Not even a warning will be given.
My friends, family and myself will never stay in ANY Super 8 hotel anymore, as they clearly don't care how their (paying) guests are treated, and I will do my very best to dissuade others to stay there as well.

• Liked — the location
  • Disliked — the manager, breakfast
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled as a couple
2 Thank LadyTronic
I am sorry for your bad experience. Many changes have been made here since your stay. I sincerely apologize.

Travelers are raving about these Williams hotels

CRP
Reviewed January 30, 2008

This was one of the worst Hotels i have stayed in, The Manager was rude,THe service was Worst, cheap beds Rude Behavior of staff.
they even threatened us when we asked them to let us use their restrooms an hour before check in and dared to cancel our reservation .

• Stayed December 2007, traveled with friends
1 Thank jash_10
I am terribly sorry about your experience at this Super 8. I sincerely apologize.
Durango, Colorado
Reviewed August 18, 2007

We spent one night here after riding the Grand Canyon Railroad. The room was very basic, small and smelled like a locker room. The beds were basically comfortable but bedding was cheap, old, and no fitted sheets. The bathroom was clean and everything worked but towels were thin and few, not what I would expect for my money. The motel itself is in a quiet location but noisy neighbors and thin walls made up for that, we kept the air conditioner on all night as white noise. This motel would have been adequate for about half the price we paid, ($90.00), we really felt like we had been ripped off. We will not be back. Next time, we will try one of the retro hotels in town along old Route 66, they actually looked nice, most have been redone and some even look quite elegant.

• Liked — curved shower curtain, out of the way
  • Disliked — smelly, thin walls, no frills, way too expensive
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled with family
1 Thank analise
I am sorry that you did not have a good stay. I wish you had let us know if your room had a smell. I apologize.
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
Reviewed August 7, 2007

We stayed the first week in July to visit the Grand Canyon National Park. Cindy at the front desk took great care of us! She put us in a room with a microwave and mini-fridge, as requested. The outdoor pool is small and was very cold, but we enjoyed a midafternoon dip most days. The complimentary continental breakfast was a nice treat - the usual pastries, coffee and juice. For the price, these are wonderful accommodations and we would definitely return to this Super 8. The staff is top-notch and so is the hotel!

• Liked — spacious room with mini-fridge
  • Disliked — no balcony
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled as a couple
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review about your experience at our Super 8.
america
Reviewed July 31, 2007

loved the town and the hotel would recomed it to anybody clean quiet quant well worth it we were doing our lower southwest trip and really enjoyed are stay and yes i would come back we always stay at super 8 as we did the whole trip into california and beyond to and from our trip. super 8 is just that super.

Stayed October 2006
Thank you very much for your nice review. We really appreciate it!
Illinois
Reviewed February 21, 2007

Hotel is in good location. Train noise is less noticable than some other places in Williams. My room was very clean and every one was helpfull and nice. Desk clerk gave me good recomendation for dinner and helped me reserve train ride to the Grand Canyon. I would stay there again.

• Liked — my room
  • Disliked — none
  • Stayed February 2007, traveled on business
2 Thank suzie9017
Thank you for writing a review. We do enjoy hearing from our guests.