“You get what you pay for !!!!”

Travelodge Williams Grand Canyon
Ranked #15 of 30 Hotels in Williams
Reviewed August 26, 2011

I stayed at the travelodge one night on My way to Utah. The hotel is pet friendly which is why we stayed there, and it was available last minute. The room was kinda small, there were a couple of holes in the sheets, we could feel the springs in the bed, and some of the towels had stains. The room was cheap, only about $69+tax. We didn't really expect much more, but we wouldn't stay here again. The people at the front desk weren't very friendly either.

• Stayed: August 2011
1  Thank Jackie_Andres

Reviewed June 27, 2011

We pulled into town after a day at the Grand Canyon. We wanted to be near I-40, and we didn't want to spend a fortune for the night.

We had a coupon, so we decided to try it. From the outside, it looked rather dated. I was a little concerned that it would be shabby and dirty inside since it looked old. When I walked into the room, I found what appeared to be brand-new carpeting. The bedspread, curtains, and lamps were in great shape. The air-conditioning unit looked rather old, but it worked well. There were many TV channels to choose from, and there was a refrigerator in the room. The motel had a small pool and a hot tub.

Not my choice for a luxury vacation, but okay for a place to stay on the way to Las Vegas.

Room Tip: Use a coupon to save money.
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank karoleigh
Reviewed June 23, 2011

Stayed for one night
Nothing fancy and rooms could have used some freshener
Continental breakfast is self serve in the main entrance and you have to take it outside to eat ( ok if the weather is good) or take it back to your room.
A train going by at 5am woke us up and you can also hear people from others room quite easily. Luckily we had quiet neighbors for our stay

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed June 16, 2011

We booked our room online through Travelodge.com. There was a mix up with date and we were charged as a no show. The general manager honored our payment for the incorrect date and made everything right!!! Room was very clean and spacious. I was here with my family, my kids loved the heated pool!!!!
Free wi-fi in the room is another big plus
Route 66 has great food and live entertainment - Williams is a great little town!!!

Would definetly stay here again!!!

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed June 13, 2011

I booked this hotel in a hurry and based on price without doing any sort of research and paid the price - the place is a dump.

We decided on our itinerary at the last minute and so I checked out hotel prices and availability on a few sites. When you search for Grand Canyon, Williams is returned which was the first mistake - its an hours drive from the park - there are nearer locations.

Booked 2 rooms - one for my family of 4 (with 2 kids under 3) and another family of 5 (2 kids under 3). The rooms cost $130 each and they wanted $10 extra for a crib for my room.

When we pulled up outside my heart sank. Check in did nothing to make me feel any better. Firstly they could,t give me 2 ground floor rooms so strollers etc had to be lugged up stairs. Then they had no record of the crib - and argued with me that it hadn't been requested despite the fact that I was able to quote them the price! The receptionist had no idea about the Grand Canyon - best way to get there etc and as for the breakfast......

Room itself was clean - I'll give them that and they were laying new carpet everywhere while we were there but the whole place felt like it had just been a crime scene and I barely slept. The crib arrived without sheets which I rang and asked for and got blankets - eventually I got some linen for the baby to sleep on.

Diner across the road was ok for breakfast. Williams itself is a quirky spot to stay in but as I said is an hour from the park.

My experience here put a huge damper on my trip to the GC. There is a Comfort Inn and a Best Western closer to the park which were more expensive but undoubtadly would have been worth it.

Was it worth the $130 a night - definately not - a sleep in the car would have been more comfortable. When I checked out they waived the $10 for the crib - but the damage was done - I couldn't wait to get away.

Gets my vote as the second worst hotel I have ever stayed in - if you can afford the extra $100 stay elsewhere.

Room Tip: Top tip - go somewhere else - and do your research
  • Stayed: May 2011, traveled with family
3  Thank Meathman
Reviewed June 5, 2011

We booked this online for 65.99- then found the Free Hotel/motel Listing Booklet coupon that gave a better deal 54.95; they would NOT honor it. Then charged an additional $2.00 for what they 'claim' was a Energy Surcharge by the City of Williamsto the room; this I really question if true!!!! Then the computer available to customers was another $3.00 to use it for 30 minutes. Breakfast was coffee/donuts style and the room was just so-so. We dropped 77.75 total for just the room.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 13, 2011

Nice place to stay, room had plenty of room.
Breakfast was small, but typical of most hotels, pastries and juice.
The hotel was comfortable and suited our need for a place to rest for the night before heading to the Grans Canyon the next day. It was nothing to rave about, but it did the job suitably, allowing us to wake refreshed the next morning.
Hotel was in the process of being renovated, we saw rather than heard this, with plaster footprints passage ways. This in no way impacted out stay and I would congratulate the proprietor in making on-going improvements to their hotel. .

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled with family