“Great value” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #15 of 30 Hotels in Williams
Phoenix, Arizona
“Great value”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 19, 2012

Stayed here on the way up to the Grand Canyon, good value for the money, large clean room and just a short walk from the center of Williams. It became even better value when we paid four times as much to stay in a smaller room in Tusayan the following night.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
  • Korean first
Upstate South Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 10, 2012

For a small town Willaims Arizona has some big prices. Ho Jo's was a good price, walking distance to everything , was reasonably clean, good breakfast, and the staff was particularly helpfull. Hotel was nice enough to check our bags even though we had checked out for the trip so we could see the Grand Canyon without dragging our luggage

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2012

The rooms smell like smoke. I couldn't bare it. It's in the middle of a ghetto but the town of Williams is nice. DO NOT stay at this hotel. Also very small cramped indoor pool. Will not be staying in the cigarette smelling rooms again.

• Stayed July 2012
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Travelers are raving about these Williams hotels

Brisbane, Australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 31, 2012

Average hotel but a great town to visit so don't let where you stay spoil you time here. I will come back to Williams the people are fantastic.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Dartmouth, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 29, 2012

If you're just looking for a hotel without paying astronomical prices within the Grand Canyon national Park area, this hotel is ideal. About an hours drive from the parks outskirts, it is just a standard hotel.

Internet wasn't working when we were there and the guy behind the desk was pretty clueless, so we ended up using McDonald's free WiFi just across the street. There was a pool but it was full of rowdy kids so we didn't stay very long!

About 10 minutes from a supermarket in Williams if you want to stock up with food, and is literally just a 20 second drive from the I40 so you can get on with your journey with no problems.

Would stay again, for convenience and value!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends
Utah
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 21, 2012

I've stayed here twice now several years apart. Both times the sleep was terrible. They have rubber/plastic covers over their mattresses. I guess its to help keep them clean but it helps their guests listen to themselves toss and turn all night. Extremely uncomfortable and makes for a terrible nights sleep. Breakfast is two choices of cold cereal, waffles and some sad looking pastries. The oranges juice tastes more like Tang than real juice. They must not air condition the hotel itself because the lobby and hallways were hot and the temp outside was only in the low 80's. I had to put the air conditioner in my room on 68 or 70 just to get it comfortable. The only good thing I can come up with is this place is walking distance to downtown and all the things to do down there.

Room Tip: There isn't one
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
Taylors, South Carolina
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 20, 2012

My husband and I met friends to see the Grand Canyon. I origionally made the reservation for four nights but twenty minutes later realized we would only be there for three nights. When I called to cancel the fourth night twenty minutes later, a woman who couldn't understand English answered the phone. Finally a gentleman got on the phone and I cancelled the extra night. We had made these reservations about 45 days in advance to our trip. Upon check-in, the man wanted to confirm that we were staying 4 nights and I told him no, it was three nights. He told us that we would be charged for the 4th night regardless. I told him that I had canceled the fourth night and he told us that they had a no cancelation policy and would be charged. I wasn't happy at all with this but there wasn't anything other than putting it on here that I could do.
The rooms were out-dated but clean. There is NO elevator and the friends we were with and us, had large suitcases since this was a 10 day trip overall. Not to mention the back surgery one of our friends had recently! There were only about four or five small tables for guests to eat breakfast from and the area was awfully hot!! No one came to clean off the tables when other guests finished their meal - you had to do that yourself. Our room was on the second floor and we had a perfect view into the window of a rental or house next door. We had to keep the curtains closed the whole time we were there. All vending and ice was on the first floor. When I made the reservation, I requested a room with a king size bed but were we're put in a room with two doubles.
I would only stay here if there were no other rooms available in Williams. And I guess this could be a possibility - other than having clean rooms, this hotel didn't have much going for it.

Room Tip: First floor.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple