“Clean and economical”
Review of Highlander Motel

Highlander Motel
Ranked #21 of 30 Hotels in Williams
Reviewed August 23, 2013

We stayed at this property last weekend. Our room was clean and had a flat screen TV. Overal this is a reasonably priced motel and a good value. I was a little uncomfortable with the fact that the owner and his buddies were smoking and hanging out in front of one of the rooms. It felt a little awkward for us as guests.

Stayed: August 2013

Reviewed August 21, 2013

We stayed at the Highlander for one night only on an impulse trip to Williams to get out of Phoenix. When we got there, Vince was most helpful. He upgraded our room, which was clean and comfy. You can tell this is an older property but that is fine. The bed and bathroom linens were nice. Our double had one regular and one memory foam type bed so we could choose which to sleep on. There is a flat screen tv and small frig. The Safeway is close by to stop and pick up anything you might need for your trip. Vince also gave us a local map and recommendations for both dinner that night and breakfast in the morning. They have cold water, juice and sodas next to the check-in desk. Priced very reasonably and pretty quiet despite keeping the windows open through the night to take advantage of the weather. Ahhhhhh.

Room Tip: There are standard rooms and "renovated rooms" whatever that is. Not sure
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 19, 2013 via mobile

This was a great find. All the rooms inside GCNP were full, as were the ones in Tusayan. The desk clerk (whose name has slipped my mind! He was handsome, not the owner, and as kind as could be!) gave me a stellar rate and walked me to the room. I dug the loft-apartment feel of the room, which had been freshly painted and was clean as a whistle, and found myself feeling very much at home. I had to leave at 4AM to make sunrise at the canyon, but I slept VERY well at the Highlander.

• Stayed: August 2013
2  Thank brekidman
Reviewed August 11, 2013

I enjoyed the Highlander because of the friendliness of Alan and Vince. I liked the decor of the gray sheets and towels. Most hotels are the basic white. The room was clean. Missed the hair dryer but-oh well, no big deal. Quiet. Would recommend The Highlander to everyone and anyone. Right on Old Route 66 and walking distance to the downtown area if you like walking.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Denise M
Reviewed August 4, 2013

My son and I recently stayed at this motel. We both loved the stay. The room was very clean, the beds were comfortable and everyone was very nice. It almost felt like we were staying with family/friends. There are pastries & soda/water available at any time. Alan is ready to give the best places to eat, best places to go outside of the city and any other information that you need. The town itself is very walkable to just about anywhere. I would highly recommend staying at this motel. They are refurbishing the rooms one by one so be sure to get one of the refurbished ones.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Heather B
Reviewed July 22, 2013

Let me say that the personalities of the staff are great. Friendly and warm to their guests. Allen the owner came to the car as my wife got out and introduced himself to her and asked if we needed help with our bags. The next morning we met Sandy doing the Motels chores and she too was a delight. The entire staff goes beyond friendly and helpful to their guests.
The room was recently redone and was very comfortable. A refer, microwave, coffee maker & enough towels to not have you wanting more. ( You know the places where you barely get enough to do the job.) NOT HERE!!! The bed were new and nice, a flat screen too.
The rooms are about 400 sq ft and great plce to lay your head after a long day. AND they were spotless.
Allen is remodeling the rooms one at a time but that is not noticeable at all about the noise because he works on ithem after the guests are up & gone for the day.
This little Motel was a great surprise to me. It turned out to be a wonderful get away because of the room and Allen & his staff.
If you get to go to Williams Arizona, try this little place called THE HIGHLANDER MOTEL.
You won’t be disappointed.....:)

Room Tip: Ask the owner Allen for a newer vamped room
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank Robinsb9
Reviewed July 21, 2013

I was just passing through town and needed a last minute place to stay. I was able to get a room for more than half the price it would have cost anywhere else in town. The owners are very friendly and will go out of their way to make sure you enjoy your stay. The room was nicer than I had hoped for, and it was very clean and well maintained. I definitely recommend staying here if you are passing through or going on vacation to the Grand Canyon or surrounding area.

Room Tip: Ask for one of their newly renovated rooms if you want more of an upscale stay.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo