“Great place, great price”
Review of Days Inn Williams

Days Inn Williams
Ranked #5 of 30 Hotels in Williams
Monument, Colorado, United States
“Great place, great price”
Reviewed August 22, 2013

Loved this place! Only one hour from the Grand Canyon, so it's convenient. Staff is friendly, rooms are clean and comfortable (great pillow top mattresses!) and feel new. The hot breakfast is outstanding--not your pastry and juice deal that some hotels pass as breakfast. Days Inn gives you scrambled eggs, sausage, waffles, cereal, bagels, yogurt, fruit and more. I honestly couldn't think of one negative about our stay. A great place...and a great price.

Sally O, Owner at Days Inn Williams, responded to this review, August 23, 2013
A very sincere thank you for your kind review of the Days Inn of Williams. We have been working hard on renovating this property since taking ownership and it feels great to hear you enjoyed your stay with us.

You have many choices when traveling and we do appreciate that you gave us the opportunity to serve you during your visit to the Grand Canyon. We hope to see you if you are ever in the area again.

Sally Olson

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (119)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hungarian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Cambridge, Ontario
Reviewed August 20, 2013

We stayed here recently and loved the hotel. The decor and renovations team did an amazing job. It was refreshing to have another colour other than tan in a hotel room. It felt like home! The hotel is next door to a Denny's, which was perfect for dinner. The breakfast was standard for this chain and the pool was perfectly heated! I really would give this hotel a 4.5 as the only complaint I had was that the cleaning staff were vacuuming at 7am near our room for a short period of time and also that the maid walked into our room after only a quick knock (not nearly enough time was given for me to get off the bed and to the door in order to catch her before she entered and I was moving fast).

Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Sally O, Owner at Days Inn Williams, responded to this review, August 21, 2013
Thank you for your review of The Days Inn of Williams.

As the owner I want to thank you for your review. Not only because we appreciate your kind words, but for bringing up 2 very important issues to my attention. I will address both the early vacuuming (strictly against our policy) as well as not giving ample time after knocking on your door. I apologize for this and will make sure it is brought to our housekeeping supervisor's attention immediately.

Thank you again for the review. I hope you will stay with us again if you are ever in Williams Arizona in the future.

Utrecht
Reviewed August 20, 2013

We used this hotel after a restraining grand canyon hike. We loved it. They have a great indoor pool and hot tub, much better than the bathtub-pools most motels have. Rooms are spacious and clean. Comfortable large beds. The hotel was restyled a couple of years ago which makes it feel almost new. The girl at the frontdesk was friendly and helpful. Breakfast contained all the usual things but somehow the ingredients were of a better quality. Orange juics tasted like real orange, scrambled eggs tasted like real egg instead of the prefab stuff other hotels use. Etcetera. Remarkable if you take into account the relatively fair roomcharges. Loved our stay here.

Room Tip: There is no elevator to the second floor. The advantage of the topfloor is that you can sleep secure...
Sally O, Owner at Days Inn Williams, responded to this review, August 21, 2013
Thank you for your kind review of The Days Inn of Williams. It is always wonderful to have all of our hard work and efforts recognized. I read each review and use them as tools to make improvements throughout the property. We have added many options to our breakfast because of feedback we have gotten from our guests and it feels great to have someone recognize this.

I hope you have a great time visiting the US and thank you for giving us the opportunity to serve you during your travels.

PS/ My son was born in Zeist in 1990 while my husband served at Soesterberg! We loved our 3 years in Holland and miss it dearly!!

Aurora
Reviewed August 18, 2013

the place was nice the food was great the room was nice, the only two things need work on the shower head need to be able to take down so that smaller and handicap person can us it!. the man at the front desk saw that I was having a hard time with my stuff, the only asked if I need help I was all done getting to my car !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

Sally O, Owner at Days Inn Williams, responded to this review, August 21, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review the Days Inn of Williams. As the owner, I want to apologize that you did not receive help getting your belongings to your car. We have 24 hour help for our guests, but you need to let us know by calling the front desk. Our front desk personnel will gladly call for assistance once they are made aware that you require help. They are not allowed or able to leave their positions to assist guests, but we do have staffing available to help when notified.

I use each review as a tool to make improvements where needed. We do have handicap rooms available upon request.

I realize that there are many choices when selecting a hotel and want to thank you for choosing us. We would love the opportunity to serve you should you be in Williams Arizona again.

Fair Haven, VT
Reviewed August 13, 2013

It was wonderful to soak in the spacious jacuzzi even though the pol war alive with active children! At the same time, the THREE TRIPS I had to walk the length of the building down a flight of stairs (no elevator) and back to get my door unlocked were extremely frustrating! Every time we left the room we needed help returning.The woman at the desk said she got a new door key maker which may have been true but there were several people in the hallways who could not get in because of the key problems throughout our stay. The breakfast had many options and the breakfast room was lovely. The bed was very comfortable and the room quite spacious with a desk, refrigerator and microwave. They had a wide variety of herbal and regular teas and coffee available throughout the day.

Room Tip: Stay on the first floor and save hauling your luggage!
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Sally O, Owner at Days Inn Williams, responded to this review, August 14, 2013
Thank you for your review of the Days Inn of Williams.

I would like to apologize for your experience with the room key. One night not too long ago we experienced a malfunction of our key card swiping machine. We have since fixed this issue, but unfortunately, you were here the night this occurred. As a person who travels often and stays in many hotels and who personally would not be happy with this situation, I am truly apologetic for this incident. It is my goal to ensure each guest has a great experience with us.

Again, I am very sorry that we had this issue during your stay and hope you will allow us to serve you again if you are ever in Williams Arizona in the future.