“The Day's Inn was conviently located in charming Williams...” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Days Inn Williams

Days Inn Williams
Ranked #4 of 30 Hotels in Williams
Tucson
“The Day's Inn was conviently located in charming Williams...”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 9, 2013

The Day's Inn was conviently located in charming Williams. Very handy for a trip to the Grand Canyon. Good value, and very nice front desk staff. They went out of their way to make our stay enjoyable.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

Sally O, Owner at Days Inn Williams, responded to this review, April 10, 2013
It is very nice of you to take the time to share your experience at the Days Inn of William with other travelers. I am happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us.

Please come back and see us if you are ever in Norhtern Arizona again and tell your friends about us!

Sally Olson

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (107)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hungarian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
West Hollywood, CA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2013

I booked my room the morning of my last minute trip to the Grand Canyon because of price and the favorable reviews on TripAdvisor. The hotel was very easy to find, located right off of the freeway but far enough from it so there was no road noise. I arrived a few hours earlier than check-in and the only room available had an issue with the lock. To accommodate me they changed the lock while I waited--excellent service! The room was remodeled with all new furnishings and the bed was incredibly comfortable. I even asked what brand of bed they had as I am considering buying one for my home. The only downside to the room was the refrigerator; it is located in front of the bed under the TV stand and the motor made a louder than agreeable noise when the room was silent. But once I fell asleep I did not notice it any longer.

As for proximity to the Grand Canyon it is about an hour drive. Given the cost of a room here versus what the hotels in Grand Canyon Village charge it was well worth the extra drive. I only spent one night at the Days Inn but should I return to the area I will stay again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Sally O, Owner at Days Inn Williams, responded to this review, April 9, 2013
Such a nice review! Thank you so much for all of the kind words. I am happy to hear we were able to accomodate your early check in needs and last minute reservation. I am personally going to visit this room to make sure that the refridgerator is working properly and does not make too much noise. This is the first time someone has brought this to my attention and I want to make sure our new fridges are not noisy ones!

Thank you again, we look forward to serving you when you are in Northern Arizona again.

UK
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 3, 2013

Stayed here on our way to the Grand Canyon, the hotel reception staff were great and friendly. It was nice to have free tea and coffee available which was appreciated after a long drive. My family used the pool but found it to be freezing cold! The room was spacious and nicely furnished as well as very clean. I did not partake in breakfast but the children thought it was good, my only complaint is the cooking and greasy smell that permanated the rooms from 6am, which came from the breakfast area, upon awaking it really is not pleasant, and when my son came back from breakfast he smelt like he had done an 8 hour shift in a greasy cafe! Also we did not sleep well, not down to the beds, which were very comfortable but the noise from other guests. People above us thumped around until at least 2am and just as we were dropping off, other people were slamming doors and talking loudly. This is obviously out of the hotels control but nonetheless not welcome considering we had a 7 hour drive the next day. Also avoid the Denny's next door...will review separately.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Sally O, Owner at Days Inn Williams, responded to this review, April 4, 2013
I read your review and am not sure if you were happy with us or not. I would like to apologize for the noise other guests were making. I am a frequent hotel traveler myself and understand the importance of polite hotel guests. I also apologize if you felt our complimentary breakfast made your son smell bad..... This is the first time I have had someone say this and again I am happy they enjoyed their breakfast although you hated the way it smelled. The only item that is cooked is fresh sausage and scrambled eggs, they have been a favorite of our guests. We really do try to make each guest happy by including a full deluxe continental breakfast as well as a to go sack breakfast and 20% off Denny's next door in an effort to make everyone happy.

I hope you will stay with us if you are ever in Northern Arizona again.

Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 3, 2013

We, a family of three have just returned from a three night stay over Easter at the Days Inn. The room was very clean and beds comfortable. All staff were very courteous,breakfast was simple but plenty. We were only there to sleep so didn't use the pool or spa but it looked very inviting. We would stay here again as it's only an hr to the Canyon where we spent most of our time.Great work Days Inn look foreward to returning some time soon.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Sally O, Owner at Days Inn Williams, responded to this review, April 4, 2013
I want to thank you for taking the time to review the Days Inn of Williams. I am very happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us for several days and hope you will come back and stay with us if you are ever in Northern Arizona again. Williams is a fun little town that offers people the chance to step back in time. I hope you found your way to Bearizona as well while you were here.

Thanks again!