“Great place-great price!”

Ranked #5 of 30 Hotels in Williams
Los Angeles, California
“Great place-great price!”
Reviewed March 30, 2013

Nice hotel just outside of Williams Az. The beds were very comfortable and clean. We were on the front side of the hotel facing the road but noise was not a problem. Internet worked fine. The hot breakfast was very good. The staff replenished and cleaned the dining room constantly. All the staff we dealt with were courteous and helpful. One maintenance worker saw me struggling with my suitcase to get it down the stairs and immediately ran over to help. If you have physical disabilities ask for a ground floor room as there is no elevator. We didn't utilize the pool and spa area but the people who did looked to be enjoying themselves. All in all- a wonderful stay at an unbelievable price!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Babynurse54
Sally O, Owner at Days Inn Williams, responded to this review, April 1, 2013
Thank you for the great review! I am so happy to see you were well taken care of by our amazing staff. Our breakfast crew works so hard to keep up with the demand and to keep the place clean and inviting. Our maintenance crew takes such pride in their work, as they should and it really feels great when someone takes the time to compliment them! I share all of our reviews with our staff and they love it when people mention them!!

Please stay with us again if you are ever in Northern Arizona again.

Sally Olson

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (119)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hungarian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Heber Springs
Reviewed March 29, 2013

We stayed in this motel for 4 nights while visiting the Grand Canyons with 2 International Exchange students....one from Slovakia and one from Germany. The room was exceptionally clean with updated decor and the most comfortable mattress I have ever experienced. The staff at the desk was friendly and helpful with first aid ointment and band aid for a skinned knee on one of the teens, The indoor pool was nice but the indoor hot tub was a welcome nightly ritual for sore hiking legs and knees, The morning breakfasts were outstanding with scrambled eggs, sausage, biscuits and gravy, waffles with hot syrup. We brought Folger's coffee bags and made our own coffee with the hot water. (not a fan of instant coffees, but that is a personal preference). This motel is an EXCEPTIONAL VALUE for the money. It has everything and more that we expect in a place to spend the night at a VERY reasonable price. I do not understand why people spend 100's of dollars for motels or hotels. What I find more unbelievable is people who stay at value motels and submit ratings and criticisms as though they were paying the big bucks.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Edwin H
Sally O, Owner at Days Inn Williams, responded to this review, April 1, 2013
I am so happy to hear you were happy with your stay at the Days Inn of Williams! We have been working hard to make many improvements to the property since taking ownership a few years ago and have been training our staff to offer the best service possible. Your kind words tell me it's working!! As someone who travels a lot and stays in many hotels I try to look at everything from the customer's point of view.

Thank you so much and please stay with us again if you find yourself in Northern Arizona!

Reviewed March 25, 2013 via mobile

Nice hotel, with more than enough amenities, indoor heated swimming, hot tub, hot breakfast. Very courteous staff. My only complaint is that I booked with venere.com and they mislead me into thinking I could get the room I requested, when in fact they only booked a room. I wanted a king size bed and ended up with 2 queens. When I explained to the desk that venere assured me a king room, they were quite apologetic, but were unable to fill that request. Overall very happy with my stay. Lovely quaint town where every one was willing to bend over backwards to make your stay wonderful.

• Stayed March 2013
Sally O, Owner at Days Inn Williams, responded to this review, March 27, 2013
Firstly, let me apologize that you did not receive the room you had requested through Veneer.com. This is a very new On line Travel Agency and they should not have guarenteed you a room we did not have available. If we had it available we would have definitely given it to you, but unfortunately we were fully booked. We try our very best to make each guest happy and I am glad you were happy with your stay regardless of this mix up.

Please come back and stay with us if you find yourself in Northern Arizona again.

Chincoteague Island, Virginia
Reviewed March 20, 2013

We liked this hotel so much we stayed an extra night. The staff were so nice and helpful, the room was clean and really nice, pool & hot tub were great. I found the free wifi a little slow but there were 2 computers with internet access for free use in the business center. The free breakfast was a cut above average (actually had scrambled eggs & sausage!). It is very close to downtown Williams without being in it and we liked that. There's a Denny's next door with a lounge, but right up the hill is the Best Western where we loved the Kachina Lounge (Denny's Lounge, not so much!). It is about an hour from the Grand Canyon and a few minutes from Bearizona.

Room Tip: No elevator, so if you get a room on the 2nd floor you have to lug your stuff up the stairs!
Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank 4RLL
Sally O, Owner at Days Inn Williams, responded to this review, March 22, 2013
What a great review!!! Thank you so much for all of the kind words. We are also the owners of the Denny's and Best Western Hotel so I am happy to know you loved the Kachina Lounge but very sad to hear you received less than wonderful service at the Denny's Lounge. We have been working so hard to make many great improvements to the hotel as well as Denny's. I take each review to heart and learn so much from what our customer's tell me. I will definitely be working hard to get to the bottom of your issues with our lounge and make sure it never happens again.

Thanks again, please come back and see us!

California
Reviewed March 19, 2013 via mobile

I was surprised at how nice the room was & clean. You would have thought that this was a five star hotel just by the looks of the room. Flat screen digital TV with lots of channels (no espn). No funky odors or stains. Bathroom was great, with the exception that it was a handicap room. I was to tired to ask for another room, so I was not to happy about that. Wifi reception was excellent then again I was on the first floor & close to the lobby. The breakfast spread was awesome but if your not happy with it, there's a Denny's next door less than 40 yards away. Didn't have time to use the pool but it looked very inviting & clean. The young lady at the front was very nice upon check-in. My one gripe is that there were some people next door to me who sounded to be heavily intoxicated and were having personal issues with their loud arguments. I'm sure that's not a common occurrence so I chock it up to bad luck. I totally recommend this place. As another person said, it's a gem. For the price I got I was more than satisfied! Hope you all have a great time enjoying this place!

• Stayed March 2013
1 Thank Jesse S
Sally O, Owner at Days Inn Williams, responded to this review, March 20, 2013
What a great review! Thank you so much for the kind words. As a person who travels a lot and stays at many different hotels, I like to think we are so much more than your average "Economy Brand". We read every review and learn from each one of them. Your kind words tell me we are headed in the right direction!

Please stay with us again if you are ever in Williams Arizona. We have many plans to make even more improvements to this property.

Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed March 15, 2013

We stayed here 3 nights in Feb. for the main purpose of riding the Grand Canyon Railway train on President's Day special price. Drove into town late on a Friday night, hotel is easy to find and check in was a breeze. The location is off the first exit on I-40 coming from the West. So if you are wanting to be near Main St. and more restaurants, a little too far to walk. There is a Denny's next door open 24 hours I believe.

I booked on line with a AAA discount for a great price. The room was very clean, 2 queen beds on the first floor. Room does have a small microwave (which I was happy to see as it doesn't state that on the website) and a small refrigerator. Beds were very comfortable and plenty of pillows. The room size is a bit small as well as the bathroom. My only small complaint is the doors and hallway are pretty noisy in the early morning. Many doors slamming, we could hear the kids having fun in the hallway (even I have a 5 year old) but the sound proof for the room is not that good. I think it may be the physical build/structure of the place but we tried to sleep in after our late night drive in the previous night.

We used the pool and spa which was great when there was snow on the ground outside. The facility was pretty clean considering there were many people using it. We enjoyed the breakfast in the mornings. There were many small tables to eat at and we never had a problem getting one. The ladies are in there the whole time restocking and did a bang up job. Very good variety for a free breakfast, fruits, cereals, oatmeal, juices, toast, muffins, donuts, make your own waffles in 2 flavors which my son loved!

The hotel has a nice location as there are trees and a hill behind and there were many families sledding right past the parking lot! Didn't even have to drive for snow play. I had family meet us there 2nd day into the trip and the Front desk got them the room right next door to us, which worked out great. We would definitely go back the Days Inn Williams for the great price, value, location and comfort.

Room Tip: The parking lot in the back is convenient to access the building but fills up pretty quickly in the...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank JenniferLV
Sally O, Owner at Days Inn Williams, responded to this review, March 20, 2013
I would like to thank you for the kind review of the Days Inn of Williams! We have been working hard to make many improvements to the property in the short time we have owned it. We love our staff and feel they are a very important part of our success.

Please come back and see us again and all of the new changes as we continue to renovate in an effort to become the nicest hotel in Williams Arizona. Days Inn is considered to be an "economy brand" but we are striving to be so much more!