“1st Place”

Ranked #4 of 30 Hotels in Williams
Glendale, Arizona
“1st Place”
Reviewed December 28, 2012

Of the Days Inn we've visited, we award this Days Inn 1st Place. I reserved 4 rooms to accommodate my family/grandchildren for our overnight visit to ride the Polar Express. Two rooms were adjoining and two rooms very close - that was appreciated. My husband and I got a king bed with jacuzzi - the room was huge and was the gathering point for the family. The rooms were clean and the beds comfortable.
The grandchildren loved the pool and it was hard to restrain them from opening the glass doors to throw snowballs - Swim suits, bare feet and snowballs!! It has made a good memory. In fact, the grandchildren are talking more about swimming in December than the Polar Express. We took family pictures by their Christmas tree in the lobby with our matching Polar Express sweatshirts.
Having coffee, tea and hot chocolate available rivals one of our other favorite motel chains - and it is good hospitality. Breakfast was good.
Owners are doing a great job with this Days Inn!!

1 Thank Jo Ann S
Sally O, Owner at Days Inn Williams, responded to this review, December 31, 2012
I am beaming with pride as I read your review and truly thank you for the wonderful review! I am so happy to hear we were able to accommodate your entire family and that you made some great family memories while staying with us at the Days Inn of Williams! Please come back and stay with us again each time you are in Northern Arizona.

Sally Olson

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (116)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hungarian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Browns Summit, North Carolina, United States
Reviewed December 22, 2012

We got hung up on I40 during a recent snow storm while trying to get to the Grand Canyon. Called ahead and got "the last room" available. To our surprise, we ended up in the Presidential Suite!
While it was $170 for the night, we were thankful to have a place to stay. Room had one king, a queen fold out sofa, and a jacuzzi tub (in the middle of the room, not behind a door). We asked for a rollaway and the staff quickly obliged. Bathroom was very small, but adequate. Room was huge with flat screen TV, but the walls were paper thin...we were made aware of this by the sound of a screaming baby next door to us throughout the night. There was a breakfast buffet available, but since the hotel was overrun by stranded guests, it was a fight to secure much of anything. The heated pool was a hit, with everyone at the hotel....again, it was overrun too.
Good news, hotel is located within 3 miles of highway to Grand Canyon, so it could be a great launching point if one needed it to be. There was a Denny's right next door that was very good!

1 Thank Randall M
Sally O, Owner at Days Inn Williams, responded to this review, December 24, 2012
Thank you for your review. I am happy that we were able to accommodate you during what became a huge winter storm. We were not expecting such a huge storm and therefore sold out that night. Normally we have plenty of breakfast as long as you are patient we work hard to refill all of our many items such as waffles, sausage and eggs or yogurt with fresh granola, donuts, pastries, cold and hot cereals, a variety of toasts and such. We also offer all of our guests a discount to eat at the Denny''s which is adjacent to this property.

Please come back and stay again if you are ever in the area.

South Korea
Reviewed December 21, 2012

I agree with the previous review, this is the best hotel we've stayed in a very long time and we stay in a lot of hotels. The front desk was very nice and gave us a military discount. The room was very clean and roomy, the beds comfortable, breakfast was delicious and had lots to chose from, pool and hot tub were nice and appreciated by my 7 year old.

2 Thank azbtrfly
I want to thank you so much for the wonderful review. We are working so hard to make this property so much more than the typical "economy" brand and are thrilled that you noticed! We are so proud of our wonderful staff who take such pride in their work for us!!

Please do come back and see us again. We have many more plans to continue to make this the best hotel in Williams, Arizona and would love share it with you on your next visit.

Long Beach
Reviewed December 6, 2012

I was traveling by myself after a reunion in New Mexico. I had visited the Grand Canyon during the day and started home to Long Beach,Ca. It started to rain and get dark so I decided to stay in Williams. I was pleasantly surprised to stay in such a nice place for the price. Because it was getting busy I had forgot to mention my AAA discount. I did the next day and was immediately reimbursed. The breakfast area was immaculate. I think the lady working was Debbie. She kept everything very clean and items well stocked. Traveling by myself I'm always looking for clean safe places to stay and I would definitely stay here again. Thanks for making my stay a pleasure.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
4 Thank Linda R
Sally O, Owner at Days Inn Williams, responded to this review, December 16, 2012
Wow, what a great review! We truly love hearing that all of our hard work on this property since purchasing it over 2 years ago is paying off. We have many more plans to fully renovate the Days Inn of Williams within the next year and hope you will stay with us again when you are in Northern Arizona again. We realize Days Inn is considered an economy brand but we hope to be so much more than that!